Accidents are rare, but they happen. If you, someone you invite, or a pet are responsible for damage during a stay, let your Host know right away.
The best way to do this is by sending them a message through the Airbnb website or app, just in case our Community Support team needs to refer to it later. If you can provide photos, that’s great, too.
Being upfront about damage gives your Host as much time as possible to fix it before their next guest arrives. It also gives you two a chance to find a resolution without Airbnb getting involved.
About the reimbursement process
1. Your Host may request reimbursement
If your Host believes that you’re responsible for damage, missing items, or unexpected cleaning costs, they may send you a reimbursement request through our Resolution Center. You’ll have 24 hours to respond.
- If you pay the full amount, the request will be closed.
- If you pay a partial amount, decline the request, or ignore the request, your Host may involve Airbnb as a next step.
2. Your Host may involve Airbnb
If your Host involves Airbnb, a member of our Community Support team will determine if you’re responsible for the damage and if the amount your Host is requesting is reasonable. They’ll do this by reviewing evidence provided by your Host, as well as any notes you included in your initial response to your Host’s request. Someone may also follow up with you or others who may have information about the Host’s damage claim.
3. Airbnb may ask you to pay
You’ll be given the opportunity to voluntarily submit a timely payment or an appeal. If you don’t submit a timely payment or appeal, or your appeal is unsuccessful, your payment method will be charged. (This does not apply to stays in China, Japan, or India.) You’ll never be charged without advance notice or a chance to appeal before and after you’ve been charged. You’ll have 60 days to appeal after you’ve been charged.
Dealing with damage is never fun, but this process is designed to be as fair as possible. For more info, review our Terms of Service and Payments Terms of Service.
- DomaćinOsiguranje imovine domaćinaOsiguranje imovine domaćina u sklopu AirCovera za domaćine pruža pokriće u iznosu od 3 000 000 USD u slučaju da gost tijekom boravka u vašem…
- GostSigurnosni poloziSigurnosni polog može odrediti Airbnb ili domaćin. Polog se može odrediti ovisno o značajkama smještaja i/ili trenutku ugovaranja rezervacij…
- GurgaonAko razmišljate o tome da postanete domaćin na Airbnbu, donosimo vam informacije na temelju kojih ćete lakše razumjeti propise koji su na sn…