Preporučuje 7 lokalaca ·
Changing the Guard or Guard Mounting is the process involving a new guard exchanging duty with the old guard. The Guard which mounts at Buckingham Palace is called The Queen’s Guard
The best is walking it down on Sundays when traffic is forbidden from 9 to 6 pm. Lovely location to take the best pictures.
The Mall is a tree-lined royal road leading from Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace. The road is closed to traffic on Sundays, public holidays and for ceremonial events, including royal weddings, jubilee celebrations, parades and state visits.
Jedinstvene aktivnosti u okolici
Smještaji u blizini
Lokalci također preporučuju
“Commissioned by King Edward VII to commemorate Queen Victoria's death, and designed by Sir Aston Webb and completed in 1912, Admiralty Arch stands majestically at the North east end of The Mall. This Grade I listed curved stone building has three arches and links The Mall to Trafalgar Square, adjoining the Old Admiralty Building. A Latin inscription along the top reads: : ANNO : DECIMO : EDWARDI : SEPTIMI : REGIS : : VICTORIÆ : REGINÆ : CIVES : GRATISSIMI : MDCCCCX : (In the tenth year of King Edward VII, to Queen Victoria, from most grateful citizens, 1910) Admiralty Arch plays an important role on ceremonial occasions, with processions such as royal weddings, funerals, coronations and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games passing through the central arch. The outer arches are used for vehicles and pedestrians.”
- Preporučuju 4 lokalca
“The Duke of York Column is a monument in London, England, to Prince Frederick, Duke of York, the second eldest son of King George III. The designer was Benjamin Dean Wyatt. It is sited where Regent Street meets The Mall, a purposefully wide endpoint of Regent Street known as Waterloo Place and Gardens, in between the two terraces of Carlton House Terrace and their tree-lined squares. The three very wide flights of steps down to The Mall adjoining are known as the Duke of York Steps. The column was completed in December 1832 and the statue of the Duke of York, by Sir Richard Westmacott, was raised on 10 April 1834”
- Preporučuju 2 lokalca
“St Martin-in-the-Fields is an architectural jewel sitting at the corner of one of the world’s most famous squares. It’s a place of encounter between God and humanity, the wealthy and the destitute, culture and commerce. We welcome you into the warmth of this vibrant community. Classical concerts are often held at St Martins, They also have a cafe in the crypt. Check out on line to see what is on.”
- Preporučuje 1 lokalac
“Dean's Yard is built on the site of The Elms and the former monastery farmyard. Since the 18th century there have been three rows of trees and a central green here, but the high railings surrounding it were removed in 1967. The yard now features a number of large trees, including London planes, a red horse chestnut, a tulip tree, maple and sycamore. Smaller trees include silver birches and a medlar. The surrounding buildings are in an attractive ‘collegiate' style. The site is used by Westminster School as an occasional football pitch.”
- Preporučuje 1 lokalac