Our selection of Churches for you

SpaceIdeas
SpaceIdeas
Član od 2016
SpaceIdeas

Our selection of Churches for you

Chiese
"The basilica of San Pietro in Vincoli" is a Catholic place of worship in the historic center of Rome, located in the Monti district, on the Oppio hill; it is also called the Eudossian basilica from the name of the founder, Licinia Eudossia, and is known above all for hosting the tomb of Julius II with the famous Moses by Michelangelo Buonarroti. The basilica is a rectory entrusted by the canons regular of the Lateran Congregation of the Holy Savior and the homonymous title of cardinal insists on it.
116
preporuka/e lokalaca
San Pietro in Vincoli
4/a Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli
116
preporuka/e lokalaca
"The basilica of San Pietro in Vincoli" is a Catholic place of worship in the historic center of Rome, located in the Monti district, on the Oppio hill; it is also called the Eudossian basilica from the name of the founder, Licinia Eudossia, and is known above all for hosting the tomb of Julius II with the famous Moses by Michelangelo Buonarroti. The basilica is a rectory entrusted by the canons regular of the Lateran Congregation of the Holy Savior and the homonymous title of cardinal insists on it.
"Santa Maria Maggiore" it is one of the four papal basilicas of Rome, located on the top of the Esquiline hill, on the peak of the Cispio, between the Rione Monti and the Esquiline. It is the only basilica in Rome to have preserved the primitive early Christian structure, albeit enriched by later additions.
143
preporuka/e lokalaca
Bazilika Sv. Marije Velike
42 Piazza di S. Maria Maggiore
143
preporuka/e lokalaca
"Santa Maria Maggiore" it is one of the four papal basilicas of Rome, located on the top of the Esquiline hill, on the peak of the Cispio, between the Rione Monti and the Esquiline. It is the only basilica in Rome to have preserved the primitive early Christian structure, albeit enriched by later additions.
"Basilica di San Pietro" it is a Catholic basilica of the Vatican City; symbol of the Vatican State, crowned by the monumental Piazza San Pietro. It is the largest of Rome's four papal basilicas often described as the largest church in the world and center of Catholicism. As a papal chapel, located adjacent to the Apostolic Palace, the basilica of St. Peter is the seat of the main manifestations of Catholic worship and is therefore in solemn function on the occasion of papal celebrations, for example for Christmas, Easter, the rites of Holy Week, the proclamation of new popes and the funeral of the deceased, the opening and closing of the jubilees and the canonizations of new saints.
409
preporuka/e lokalaca
Bazilika Sv. Petra
409
preporuka/e lokalaca
"Basilica di San Pietro" it is a Catholic basilica of the Vatican City; symbol of the Vatican State, crowned by the monumental Piazza San Pietro. It is the largest of Rome's four papal basilicas often described as the largest church in the world and center of Catholicism. As a papal chapel, located adjacent to the Apostolic Palace, the basilica of St. Peter is the seat of the main manifestations of Catholic worship and is therefore in solemn function on the occasion of papal celebrations, for example for Christmas, Easter, the rites of Holy Week, the proclamation of new popes and the funeral of the deceased, the opening and closing of the jubilees and the canonizations of new saints.
"Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano" it is the cathedral of the diocese of Rome, It is the first of the four major papal basilicas, the oldest and the most important basilica in the West. Located on the Celio hill, the basilica is the material representation of the Holy See, which has its residence here.
373
preporuka/e lokalaca
Bazilika sv. Ivana Lateranskog
4 Piazza di S. Giovanni in Laterano
373
preporuka/e lokalaca
"Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano" it is the cathedral of the diocese of Rome, It is the first of the four major papal basilicas, the oldest and the most important basilica in the West. Located on the Celio hill, the basilica is the material representation of the Holy See, which has its residence here.
The "Basilica dei Santi Quattro Coronati" is part of a Christian complex located in the Roman district of Celio, on the hill of the same name. The names of the four titular saints, according to the Pontificia Academia Cultorum Martyrum, which places a station there on the Monday of the fourth week of Lent, are: Castorio, Sinfroniano, Claudio and Nicostrato, commemorated on November 8. The legend speaks of four Christian marble workers put to death under Diocletian for refusing to sculpt pagan idols, but also of four (or five) soldiers, equally martyred and buried in the tombs of previous martyrs. The stonemasons martyrs in the Middle Ages became patrons of the building guilds and even now they are patrons of the masonry arts (as in Bologna or Florence). Due to their connection with the art of marble and construction, the Santi Quattro are also very dear to Freemasonry: the Q.C. London, for example, still holds its annual festival on November 8.
36
preporuka/e lokalaca
Santi Quattro Coronati
20 Via dei Santi Quattro
36
preporuka/e lokalaca
The "Basilica dei Santi Quattro Coronati" is part of a Christian complex located in the Roman district of Celio, on the hill of the same name. The names of the four titular saints, according to the Pontificia Academia Cultorum Martyrum, which places a station there on the Monday of the fourth week of Lent, are: Castorio, Sinfroniano, Claudio and Nicostrato, commemorated on November 8. The legend speaks of four Christian marble workers put to death under Diocletian for refusing to sculpt pagan idols, but also of four (or five) soldiers, equally martyred and buried in the tombs of previous martyrs. The stonemasons martyrs in the Middle Ages became patrons of the building guilds and even now they are patrons of the masonry arts (as in Bologna or Florence). Due to their connection with the art of marble and construction, the Santi Quattro are also very dear to Freemasonry: the Q.C. London, for example, still holds its annual festival on November 8.
"The basilica of San Clemente", dedicated to Pope Clement I, rises in the valley between the Esquiline and the Celio, on the route that joins the Colosseum to the Lateran, in the Monti district. It has the dignity of a minor basilica. It is currently governed by the Irish province of the Dominicans. The basilica we see today was built in the 12th century and is connected to the Dominican convent. The complex is of great importance because it is located above ancient underground buildings for two levels of depth, the oldest of which dates back to the 1st century AD. Traces of older Roman constructions belong to a fourth level. These overlaps, which are found in other Roman buildings, occurred in a particularly evident way by virtue of the considerable sedimentations due to the position (the valley between the Esquilino and Celio hills) and to particular historical events (the Neronian fire, the sacking of Robert the Guiscardo). The first two underground levels have been unearthed and consolidated, and today most of them are comfortably accessible and accessible. The wealth of architectural, artistic and historical elements, including the life span of almost the entire Christian era, makes it a unique monument in the history of art in Rome
114
preporuka/e lokalaca
St. Clement Basilica
95 Via Labicana
114
preporuka/e lokalaca
"The basilica of San Clemente", dedicated to Pope Clement I, rises in the valley between the Esquiline and the Celio, on the route that joins the Colosseum to the Lateran, in the Monti district. It has the dignity of a minor basilica. It is currently governed by the Irish province of the Dominicans. The basilica we see today was built in the 12th century and is connected to the Dominican convent. The complex is of great importance because it is located above ancient underground buildings for two levels of depth, the oldest of which dates back to the 1st century AD. Traces of older Roman constructions belong to a fourth level. These overlaps, which are found in other Roman buildings, occurred in a particularly evident way by virtue of the considerable sedimentations due to the position (the valley between the Esquilino and Celio hills) and to particular historical events (the Neronian fire, the sacking of Robert the Guiscardo). The first two underground levels have been unearthed and consolidated, and today most of them are comfortably accessible and accessible. The wealth of architectural, artistic and historical elements, including the life span of almost the entire Christian era, makes it a unique monument in the history of art in Rome
"La Basilica dei Santi Pietro e Paolo" is a Catholic place of worship, located in the EUR. The parish of the same name insists on it, entrusted to the Roman Province of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual. The church stands at the highest point of the district, where it is believed that there was an oratory of the Archconfraternity of the Pilgrims dedicated to the two apostles. During the Second World War, construction work slowed down until it was suspended after a bombing that affected some structures in 1943. On 10 September 1943 the construction site of the future basilica was the scene of some clashes between Italian soldiers and German paratroopers, attested near the Magliana Bridge and headed towards the center of Rome. After the fighting, nine unrecognizable corpses of Italian soldiers were found and covered with earth on the slope of the church; at the foot of the staircase, on the other hand, four unknown grenadiers fell, whose half-stripped bodies had been deprived of their identification plates. Work on the building resumed in 1953 and it was discovered that large quantities of building material had been stolen from the construction site. Opened for worship in July 1955, the church received the dignity of parish in December 1958, and the title of cardinal on February 5, 1965.
Basilica dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
8 Piazzale dei Santi Pietro e Paolo
"La Basilica dei Santi Pietro e Paolo" is a Catholic place of worship, located in the EUR. The parish of the same name insists on it, entrusted to the Roman Province of the Order of Friars Minor Conventual. The church stands at the highest point of the district, where it is believed that there was an oratory of the Archconfraternity of the Pilgrims dedicated to the two apostles. During the Second World War, construction work slowed down until it was suspended after a bombing that affected some structures in 1943. On 10 September 1943 the construction site of the future basilica was the scene of some clashes between Italian soldiers and German paratroopers, attested near the Magliana Bridge and headed towards the center of Rome. After the fighting, nine unrecognizable corpses of Italian soldiers were found and covered with earth on the slope of the church; at the foot of the staircase, on the other hand, four unknown grenadiers fell, whose half-stripped bodies had been deprived of their identification plates. Work on the building resumed in 1953 and it was discovered that large quantities of building material had been stolen from the construction site. Opened for worship in July 1955, the church received the dignity of parish in December 1958, and the title of cardinal on February 5, 1965.
"The Basilica of Saints Trifone and Agostino" is a Catholic place of worship located not far from Piazza Navona, in the Sant'Eustachio district, behind Via della Scrofa. The construction of the building dates back to the 14th century, when the Augustinians decided to build a new structure for their convent and to dedicate it to Sant'Agostino. The new construction was too small for the needs of the convent community and moreover, being placed too low with respect to the course of the Tiber river, it was also subject to its floods. Thus, thanks to the munificence of Cardinal Guillaume d'Estouteville, the current basilica was built perpendicularly to the old one. The church has been a parish since its foundation; in fact, the titles and care of souls of the parish of San Trifone in Posterula were transferred to it. It is also the seat of the cardinal title of Sant'Agostino. In October 1999, Pope John Paul II elevated it to the dignity of a minor basilica.
24
preporuka/e lokalaca
Basilica di Sant’Agostino in Campo Marzio
24
preporuka/e lokalaca
"The Basilica of Saints Trifone and Agostino" is a Catholic place of worship located not far from Piazza Navona, in the Sant'Eustachio district, behind Via della Scrofa. The construction of the building dates back to the 14th century, when the Augustinians decided to build a new structure for their convent and to dedicate it to Sant'Agostino. The new construction was too small for the needs of the convent community and moreover, being placed too low with respect to the course of the Tiber river, it was also subject to its floods. Thus, thanks to the munificence of Cardinal Guillaume d'Estouteville, the current basilica was built perpendicularly to the old one. The church has been a parish since its foundation; in fact, the titles and care of souls of the parish of San Trifone in Posterula were transferred to it. It is also the seat of the cardinal title of Sant'Agostino. In October 1999, Pope John Paul II elevated it to the dignity of a minor basilica.
The "Church of Sant'Agata dei Goti" is a church located in via Mazzarino, in the Monti district. The church lost the name of the Goths and was called by the people Sant'Agata de caballo, because it was placed at the top of the descent towards the Suburra from "Monte Cavallo", the ancient name of the Quirinal hill, and known until 1922 as Sant'Agata alla Suburra . During the pontificate of Pope Pius XI, the title, while remaining in the church of the Suburra, was renamed "Sant'Agata de 'Goti". The current Sant'Agata dei Goti, under Villa Aldobrandini, is the one called in "Capite Suburrae", because it is located at the top of Via della Suburra.
Chiesa di Sant'Agata dei Goti
16 Via Mazzarino
The "Church of Sant'Agata dei Goti" is a church located in via Mazzarino, in the Monti district. The church lost the name of the Goths and was called by the people Sant'Agata de caballo, because it was placed at the top of the descent towards the Suburra from "Monte Cavallo", the ancient name of the Quirinal hill, and known until 1922 as Sant'Agata alla Suburra . During the pontificate of Pope Pius XI, the title, while remaining in the church of the Suburra, was renamed "Sant'Agata de 'Goti". The current Sant'Agata dei Goti, under Villa Aldobrandini, is the one called in "Capite Suburrae", because it is located at the top of Via della Suburra.
"Basilica di Santa Maria di Montesanto" is one of the two churches called twin churches, located in Piazza del Popolo. The church on the left (S. Maria in Montesanto) owes its name to the fact that it was built in place of a small church belonging to the Carmelites of the province of Monte Santo in Sicily. Almost all, however, know it as the "Church of the Artists" because, starting from 1953, it became the seat of the so-called Mass of the Artists: for almost 70 years, every Sunday there has been a particular Eucharistic celebration in which exponents from the world of culture and of art. The church owes its name to this liturgical tradition, and to the fact that the funeral services of many characters belonging to the world of entertainment are traditionally celebrated here. The one on the right is called Santa Maria dei Miracoli. According to tradition, in 1325 a woman, to save her son who had fallen into the Tiber, invoked an image of the Virgin painted on the walls along the river. The miracle occurred and, as a thank you, a chapel dedicated to Mary was built near the current Margaret Bridge, where the miraculous image was placed. After having passed under the direction of various congregations, having passed several floods of the Tiber, and after the original effigy of the Madonna dei Miracoli was transferred for safety to another place, Alexander VII in 1661 ordered the construction of the new church in Piazza del Popolo, which was renamed Santa Maria dei Miracoli and still retains the copy of the image of the Virgin (the original is now in the Church of San Giacomo in Augusta).
Church of Saint Mary 'in Montesanto'
"Basilica di Santa Maria di Montesanto" is one of the two churches called twin churches, located in Piazza del Popolo. The church on the left (S. Maria in Montesanto) owes its name to the fact that it was built in place of a small church belonging to the Carmelites of the province of Monte Santo in Sicily. Almost all, however, know it as the "Church of the Artists" because, starting from 1953, it became the seat of the so-called Mass of the Artists: for almost 70 years, every Sunday there has been a particular Eucharistic celebration in which exponents from the world of culture and of art. The church owes its name to this liturgical tradition, and to the fact that the funeral services of many characters belonging to the world of entertainment are traditionally celebrated here. The one on the right is called Santa Maria dei Miracoli. According to tradition, in 1325 a woman, to save her son who had fallen into the Tiber, invoked an image of the Virgin painted on the walls along the river. The miracle occurred and, as a thank you, a chapel dedicated to Mary was built near the current Margaret Bridge, where the miraculous image was placed. After having passed under the direction of various congregations, having passed several floods of the Tiber, and after the original effigy of the Madonna dei Miracoli was transferred for safety to another place, Alexander VII in 1661 ordered the construction of the new church in Piazza del Popolo, which was renamed Santa Maria dei Miracoli and still retains the copy of the image of the Virgin (the original is now in the Church of San Giacomo in Augusta).