El Duque is a charming liveaboard that can be used as either a base in La Paz or as your adventure into the Sea of Cortez. She has 2 cabins that sleep upto 6 in each. Each cabin has its own bathroom. There is a shared galley and sundeck/lounge area. This listing is for accommodation at the dock only, contact us for boat charter.
Perfect for families/groups who want to experience something a little different. We offer kayak, snorkelling, diving, island exploration or just relaxing on the boat.
We like to think of the boat as glamping at sea! You have your own space in the cabin and shared areas on the boat - this area is for communal living and sharing experiences with your host. Bookings are private for your party. The price for boat charter is not the same as to stay at the dock - if you would like to charter the boat for a trip then please contact us in advance.
The cabin and bathroom on board are your private space. The sundeck and main salon is for communal living.
Interakcija s gostima
We also use the boat for charter trips in the Sea of Cortez - this is our passion - to introduce people to the wonders of the waters around La Paz. We can use El Duque for multiday trips at sea. Your hosts are both PADI Scuba Instructors and can assist you with learning to dive or going diving. Cat is a geographer and would love to enlighten you about the Baja peninsula and show you the sights in this area we call home, both inland and in the water.
We also have a panga which we can use for day excursions to help you with your explorations of La Paz. Cat speaks English and some Spanish, Norman is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
Norman and I have chosen to live the boat lifestyle and we love it, however we understand that it is not for everyone. For this reason we like to communicate with our guests before hand about your expectations and what you would like to do on your trip. Also please feel free to look at our website to get more of an idea about the boat. (URL HIDDEN) If you do not hear back from us straight away then please be patient as it is likely that we are out at Sea and without Internet connection. We promise to respond when we return to the dock.
- We are based in a quiet marina which is about a 5 minute drive to the malecon. There are many amenities close by.
- We live on the boat and ask that you share and respect our home. We are most excited about organising adventures in the Sea of Cortez. To be out on the water for a few days really allows you the opportunity to switch off and relax. These trips are designed around you and what you enjoy doing so be sure to contact us in advance.
- If you have a sense of adventure then you will enjoy our boat and also our trips.
- If we don't answer you within 24 hours it is because we are out on the water and don't have any cell phone or internet service. Please be patient.
- We are a boat so the Captain has the final say on all matters.
- We prefer to speak personally to each group before you book so that we know we are the right fit for you.