A TOTALLY PRIVATE, 1 Br. apartment on 3 acres, self-contained within a larger rental house--which will not be rented when you are there. YOU GET THE WHOLE PROPERTY TO YOURSELF!
Natural pool/pond is swimmable during warm months. Filtered by plants, no chemicals, lined so no muck. Access to large deck w. grill & screened gazebo for outdoor dining.
The apartment is 1 Br., 1 Ba., w. queen-size bed, and queen-size pull-out couch in living room--sleeps 4. Full kitchen, AC, WiFi, TV. Dog w. $35 fee
The signatory guest must be at least 28 years of age.
Short Term Lease/Rental Agreement for Apartment at “Shanti-Neer”
1. The house is fully equipped and furnished.
2. This short-term vacation lease begins on at 4 P.M. on the check-in date and ends at 11 A.M. on the check-out date unless other arrangements are made with the property manager in writing.
3. Payment. The total cost the rental includes $85 for cleaning and a fully refundable $225.00 Security Deposit. If a pet is included in the trip, there is a one-time $35 pet fee. The Property Manager will check the premises within 48 hours of your departure and will return your Security Deposit in full or in part according to Property Manager’s determination of whether the condition of the property is the same as prior to your stay.
4. Cancellation Policy: Should Guest(s) cancel the booking within 30 days of the Check-in Date, all funds paid plus full Security Deposit will be refunded, less a $100 Booking Fee. For cancellations less than 30 days in advance, Cleaning fee and Security Deposit will be refunded.
5. Guests responsibilities: It is fully understood that the property should be left in reasonably clean, sanitary, condition; that smoking is strictly prohibited inside the house, and that evidence of smoking inside the house will result in the forfeiture of the full Security Deposit. It is further understood that all evidence of smoking outside the house (including cigarette butts, ash, etc., will be thoroughly removed and cleaned; any remaining evidence of smoking may result in additional cleaning costs that may be deducted from the Security Deposit.
6. Any damage or breakage must be reported to Property Manager on or before the day of departure.
7. OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES: It is understood that Occupancy is to be no more than 4 (four) persons unless arrangements are made and agreed to by Property Manager through email or in writing prior to Check-in Date. It is further understood that Guest(s) are responsible for all damages.
The Property owners and managers are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Nor are the property owners or managers responsible for any loss or damage to Guest's property. Any damage incurred to the property or house furnishings will be the responsibility of the Guest.
Let it be understood that the first (Responsible) Guest name entered on this agreement as representing Guests will be the individual fully responsible for reconciling any issues, including of damage or loss.
8. PARTIES: Guests may not throw a party at the premises without express written permission of the property manager. NOISE: Although the house and grounds are private, there are neighbors in the vicinity. Guests shall respect the neighbors’ wish for peace and quiet, and not make excessive noise; otherwise, the neighbors are within their rights to call police. If noise created by guests is such that police are called to the premises, guests will forfeit their security deposit in full.
9. Indemnification: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold Homeowner/Manager harmless from any liability for personal injury or property damage sustained by Guests or parties invited onto the property by Guest.
10. Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements concerning this subject matter and should be governed by the laws of New York State.
RULES PERTAINING TO THE NATURAL SWIMMING POND:
We hope you will enjoy the natural swimming pond located on the property. It is beautiful to look at and is also suitable for swimming.
The pond is a hybrid between a pool and a pond. It is similar to a pool in many ways. However, there are significant differences that you should be aware of.
The pond is a natural feature and not required to be fenced. There is no fencing to protect against a child entering the pond. If you have children, please always be aware of where they are in relation to the pond. Children must be supervised at all times while in and around the pond and must not be allowed to enter the pond without an adult actively supervising. Please consider whether you can provide the necessary supervision before bringing children to the property.
The water is fresh and free of chemicals and salt. It is filtered naturally by the plants you see standing in the water as well as by the gravel beds that surround the swimming area. This prevents the formation of algae while allowing nature to flourish. Enjoy finding frogs and tadpoles in the shallows!
The swimming area of the pond is lined. Please do not wear shoes in the pond. Also, do not take anything sharp into the pond — it could puncture the liner.
Do not take glass or china down to the pond area. Use plastic instead.
NO DIVING — Although the pond is about 7 feet deep in the center, it is much shallower in other spots. For example, the depth right under the stone “jumping ledge” is only 5 feet. The liner is black, and you cannot truly see where the bottom is. Therefore, diving is not safe. For the same reason, be careful when jumping into the pool.
The pond incorporates a number of natural features that you must be aware of. Rocks surround the perimeter of the pond and line the swimming area. Be aware of them, and be careful as you swim near the edges and as you enter and exit the pond. The liner may be slippery in some places, especially where it slopes. Take care in walking in these areas. No roughhousing in the pond.
There is no underwater lighting, so we advise you not to swim after sundown.
ALL SWIMMING AND USE OF THE POND AND SURROUNDING AREA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DURING YOUR STAY PLEASE
RESPECT OUR PROPERTY --
701 ZENA HIGHWOODS ROAD,
* We request that you please comply
with our ʻno shoes indoorsʼ rule. If you
have not brought slippers, youʼll find a
selection for your use in the hall closet.
Most importantly, please no shoes upstair
on the new bamboo floors.
* Please remember to leave your
house key in the lockbox, and be sure to the house is locked and secure when youʼre out and no oneʼs home.
* Please keep your garbage tidy
and bagged. The big gray lidded tub in
the back corridor is where to put bags
when full, and separately please -- your
recyclables -- empty cans, bottles, plastic
and newspaper. If youʼd like us to come
pick up garbage to get it out of the way,
let us know.
* Definitely NO SMOKING indoors.
If there are traces of this house rule
being disrespected, you will forfeit your Security Deposit.
* Definitely NO TO PETS—If any
traces of pets in the house, you will forfeit your Security Deposit.
* IF YOU LIGHT THE WOODSTOVE,
please take the utmost care
and ensure there is always someone
present in the house who is responsible
for the fire when it is lit. It is vital that you
leave the stove door fully closed when
the fire is burning. There are fire
extinguishers on the shelf to the right of
the wood-stove, one on the kitchen
* Please respect the limitations of
the plumbing and septic system and
DO NOT flush anything other than toilet
paper. No feminine or other products
which could back up the system and be
costly. A bill which you would be
responsible for paying!
* No parties without our express permission at the time of booking, in writing. And no excessive outdoor noise. Although the property is private, there are neighbors, and sound carries. Neighbors wish to enjoy the peace and quiet of the area, too, so please respect that.
*Please respect all of our
belongings -- furniture and furnishings,
decorative items, linens and books etc.,
and leave them as and where you found
* You are totally responsible for
ensuring you leave the house and its
contents in the same condition as you
found it. Failure to do so will result in
deductions from your Security Deposit to cover costs of repair or replacement.
* The signatory guest is the
person responsible for anyone and
everyone in the house and on the
property during your rental period
We love our house and very much hope
you will too.
Peace of Mind Woodstock is based in Woodstock, NY, and serves Woodstock and vicinity. It was founded in 2004 to manage private homes as well as rental properties. Robyn Pollins and Toby Heilbrunn, proprietors.
Robyn Pollins holds an MBA in Finance. After working as a financial analyst in New York City for several years, she moved to Woodstock full-time in 1990. Robyn has also been a freelance copyeditor for over 25 years, and she owns Specialized Copyediting, LLC.
Toby Heilbrun is a real estate agent with Win Morrison Realty in Woodstock. She has been helping buyers and sellers find each other for over 30 years.