A 3 bedroom holiday house on the same large rural beach front property as Whitebait Cottage and in the same building but separate from Oceanside.
We do not live on the property so suits independent travellers with a car, wanting
time by the beach.
Absolute beach front holiday house on the West Coast of the South Island.
Penguins Retreat is in the same builidng but very separate from Oceanside - outside areas are also very separate.
Cosy open fireplace,
Spectacular views, beach fires, outdoor bath, beach combing for greenstone and magnificent sunsets. gold pan at nearby Goldsborough.
Centrally located on the West Coast to enjoy many attractions the Coast has to offer:
- 3 hours drive through the stunning Arrthurs Pass from Christchruch or ride the scenic Tranz Alpine train.
- Just 3 kms from Hokitika township - plenty of cafes and jade shops, watch the glass blowing and greenstone carvers.
- 15 minutes drive to the only tree top walkway in New Zealand
- 20 minutes drive to the beautiful Lake Kaniere and another 15 miniutes to the magnificent Hokitika Gorge
- 2 hours from the Franz Josef Galcier
- 1.5 hours to Punakaiki Pancake Rocks.
If not available for you, try Oceanside or Whitebait Cottage which is on the same property and listed on this site. Or if your group is too large, include Oceanside or Whitebait Cottage in your booking.
Beds are made up and towels provided.
The laundry is shared with guests at Whitebait Cottage and Oceanside.
Interakcija s gostima
We do not live on the property so do not interact with guests. However, we are available by phone and may see you when we are servicing other accommodation on the property
Dogs are allowed.
All you need to know is in the information book on the table. We expect you to leave the house in a tidy condition, with everything in its place and the dishes washed and put away. We do the cleaning and make beds before the next guests arrive.
Ovaj domaćin ima 58 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Welcome to the West Coast! We have three cottages listed so if one is not available make sure you take a look at the others !
We make stone mats from the flat stones that wash up on the beach.
Come and see us at our stone mat factory