This house is designed, end-to-end, for the business traveler, sports fan, boat enthusiast, or weekend vacationer! Amazing location on the Bay, near Oakland airport, minutes from Coliseum.
Walk through the front gate and into another world.
The house is part of a two unit lot which are both accessed through a secured gateway. Your house is the larger of the two houses (in the back and very private).
The default configuration for the house is three bedrooms and an office (sleeping 6 in the three bedrooms and having the office for a working space). That being said, the office can be turned into a bedroom to support one or two more people. There are two primary bedrooms upstairs. One of the bedrooms has a private full bathroom, while the office and other bedroom share a full bath. The third bedroom is more like a studio downstairs. Very spacious, but doesn't really have a door per se, you go down the spiral staircase, and room has a divider for the bedroom and living area. That said, it is quite private and has a nice entry out on to the back patio. There is a third full bathroom downstairs, along with a laundry room.
The house sleeps 6 comfortably (in 3 queen beds), and up to 8 if you use the bunk beds in the office (not in the pictures - recently added). We charge an extra fee above 6 people as it adds complexity.
**California Storm Update: We've had severe storms in California and our boat dock has been damaged - for now it is closed - the house and decks are fine - but if you're booking this place for the boat dock it's very likely it won't be available in the current booking window - sorry - we're trying to find the right folks to perform the significant repairs.
You will be the only people in the house during your stay. You have full access to the house!
Interakcija s gostima
We are happy to help out during your stay, there will be a list of contact numbers in your welcome packet.
This house has lots of extras like keyless entry, Nest controllers (both thermostat and fire/carbon alarms), big screen TV, nice appliances, dedicated home-office, and so on.
However it’s an older house - so along with many modern amenities, there’s a bit of quirkiness. If you like the idea of a fun, beach-style house then you’ll love this place. If you like everything perfect, this place will drive you nuts!
We’ve tried to think of everything we would want (and not want!) in a home-away-from-home and design this place to that specification. Here is a list of some of the things we think you will enjoy:
- Designated off-street parking
- Keyless entry (front gate and front door - custom access code for you)
- Nest thermostat and fire/carbon alarms
- Mounted big-screen TV (with ONE remote!)
- Cable TV with ESPN and HBO
- Dedicated office with monitor, keyboard, mouse, and HP printer
- Wifi (and Ethernet from office)
- Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee
- Full kitchen
- Washer/dryer for laundry
- Gas BBQ
- Various sundries that you won’t realize you need, until you need them
Please no smoking indoors.
Unfortunately No Small Children or Pets -
We love kids and pets, but this house is not the right place for them. The things that make this place great for grown-ups, make it unsuitable for kids. It’s on the water, there’s large amounts of decking - it’s an older house, and NOT CHILD PROOFED IN ANY WAY. If you have small children and/or pets, there are much better options in Alameda. Kids over 10, who know how to swim, and who generally don’t try to get into nooks and crannies are probably OK - but younger than that - this really isn’t the right spot.
Please Respect our Neighbors -
We like to have fun, but we also like to be exceptional neighbors. As is the case with many houses built on the water, we are very close to our neighbors. There are beautiful vines and bougainvillea which offer a great deal of privacy, but sounds travel easily in this neighborhood. To this end we ask you to bring your louder conversations indoors after 9pm and to not play loud music, and such. Have fun, but please be respectful of the those around you.
Water Facilities and Activities Waiver -
Because this house is on the water (with a boat dock) and offers activities and equipment like stand up paddleboards, we require a waiver related to the water facilities and activities. We will provide this waiver via email/digital signature when you initiate your booking.
So you can review the waiver before booking, the content of the waiver is essentially as below. There is no obligation to use the water facilities or equipment, but since they are there, we need this waiver signed by all guests. Thanks!
Water Facilities and Equipment Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement
For the period during which I am renting a property located at ADDRESS I acknowledge and agree to the following:
- As part of my rental of a property located at ADDRESS I and my fellow tenants have access to water facilities and equipment such as (but not limited to) a boat dock and stand up paddleboards (“ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment”).
- I am able to make my own assessment of the safety and suitability of the ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment for my and my fellow tenants use, and have an adequate basis from which to make such an assessment.
- I will ensure that only myself, and fellow tenants which I approve, will use the ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment.
- I assume full responsibility for the use of ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment by myself and my fellow tenants, including any minor children, for bodily injury, illness, paralysis, death, and/or damage-to or loss-of personal property; including all risks both known and unknown, even arising from the negligence of others.
- I certify that before any of my fellow tenants use the ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment I will share this ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement with them and ensure they are aware of my assumption of all risk and liability herein.
- I agree to ensure that I and my fellow tenants follow all required US Coast Guard rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, the requirement to wear a lifejacket.
- I and my fellow tenants, understand that the Oakland Estuary is a commercial waterway with large ships and other potentially dangerous visible and invisible obstacles.
- I and my fellow tenants understand that the Oakland Estuary can have strong tidal currents, and other natural, and manmade, hazards.
- I am 18 years old and hereby expressly recognize that this ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement is a legal contract pursuant to which I have released any and all claims, including claims of negligence, against the owners of ADDRESS, Alameda CA 94501, and their successors and assigns (“Released Parties”). I agree I will not sue or make a claim against Released Parties. I also agree I will indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from all claims, judgements, costs, and legal fees incurred by my, and my fellow tenants, use of the ADDRESS Water Facilities and Equipment.