“ GREEN “ TUSCANY IN ALL ITS HISTORICAL AND COUNTRYSIDE APPEAL:
OUR PLUS :
-Optimal location and accessibility, near Pisa airport, near the sea and at the same time in the heart of Tuscany, with all its jewels nearby.
-Exceptional environment and superb panorama, between two charming villages, on top of a hill, with a 360° view on the north to the mountains, on the south until the hills of Volterra
-Sumptuous decoration and charm of a family home; we live there part of the year and welcome you in our home, each furniture, each object, each work of art has been choosen with care and love, from the frescoes of the walls to the statues in the garden.
-‘Farniente’, epicurean pleasure, wines and gastronomy. A convivial paradise inside and out, on the terraces or under the pergolas of wisteria and vine
-World-class equipment and services (bed bath and table linen provided)
-All inclusive rates: no extra, no hidden cost (often several hundred euros in other Italian rentings.
Villa IN VOLO offers two independant rental units, which can be rented
together (IN VOLO) or
separately (BALCONE DELLA VITA & VITA NOVA)
The two units have their private access to the garden and the pool,
each has a private terrace and a pergola under vine and wisteria.
We lease IN VOLO by the week. However, don’t hesitate to consult with us on specific requests.
VITA NOVA (100 m2) occupies the ground level:
- A vast living room (50 m2) with lounge and dining room; the lounge includes a sofa, which can be transformed into 1 or 2 (real not folding) beds; this part can be isolated as an alcove by a 7 pannel screen;
- A completely equipped almost professional kitchen (5 gas fires, 4 microwave and traditional ovens, 2 sinks, refrigerator, dishwasher, expresso coffee machine, boiler, juice extractor, toaster…
- Toilets with washbasin;
- A large (35m2) master bedroom with king bed, en suite bathroom with marble bathtub and washbasin, separate shower, bidet and private toilets;
- A big privative outside terrace under a pergola of vine of grape-strawberry (50 m2), with hammock and outside furniture;
- Access to the swimming pool (14 x 4 m; 56 m2) and the garden.
BALCONE DELLA VITA (170 m2) occupies two levels:
- A vast living room (50 m2) with lounge, dining room and a richly equipped kitchen. The kitchen includes oven, refrigerator with freezer, dish-washer, expresso coffee machine, boiler, juice extractor, toaster… The large traditional fireplace and its roasting spit will provide great winter pleasures; you can cook poultry, roast a young boar or grill chestnuts.The lounge includes a sofa that could be used for sleeping
- A room with queen bed (160 x 200 cm)
- A private bathroom with bathtub, washbasin, bidet and toilets
- A service area with washing machine, sink, ironing board and steam iron
- A private outside deck-terrace (20 m2) giving access to a pergola (25 m2) of wisteria and vine, also private
- Access to the swimming pool (14 x 4 m; 56 m2), with its waterfall, seats and sunbathing beds.
- A suite including two rooms with a split king bed and a split queen bed that can turn to twins, a dressing room and a bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilets; please note that the second (mansard-roofed) room of the suite is accessible only through the first one, perfect for a children room
- A master bedroom with a split king bed that can turn to twins, decorated with frescos
- And a bathroom with bathtub, shower, washbasin, bidet and toilets.
The garden offers numerous original places to enjoy intimacy and peace, the panoramic view or the swimming pool: "la striccia" (the strip) and its jasmine arbor for reading, "the boudoir" hidden behind the hedge for lovers, the lounge under the plane tree, the fountain of the three kids, the quartet of angels, the beach, the well…
Fulfilling an old dream of Tuscany,we put all our heart in restoring and decorating this 17th century house to make it the ideal stayin an exceptional surrounding where one can still perceivein the wealth of rural life the presence of middle ages and renaissance. BALCONE DELLA VITA is decorated with antiques and traditional objects, which vent the rural life and the Tuscan products, with works of contemporary artists and murals, which reproduce works by Pre-Raphaelite and symbolist painters.
In the heart of “ green Tuscany “,ideally located for your vacation in the pisan hills, the classified villa is near the sea,the mountains and the most important tourist and cultural cities of Tuscany: Pisa, Lucca, Florence, Versilia and the « Cinque terre », the Maremma and Tuscan Riviera, Voltera, San Geminiano, Sienna…
Near Pisa, between the medieval villages of Cevoli (800 m) and Lari (1200 m), perched at the top of a hill, the villa offers a gorgeous panoramic view on the hills and countryside, to the South, until the hills of Voltera, to the North up to the snows of the highest summits of Apennine. From the house, on a clear night you can see up to twenty villages.
During summer, this part of Tuscany enjoys a nice sea breeze that cools the heath of the sun. Under the arbour and pergolas, or by the pool, the villa and its environment call to the Epicureans pleasures: idleness (the famous Italian “farniente”), gastronomy and oenology, balneotherapy and body care, discovery of the rural life, sports (swimming, equitation, tennis, trekking and bike riding).
All year round, it is the ideal base to investigateall the natural, historic and cultural resources of Tuscany: countryside, sea, mountain, cities and villages with the richest heritage and tops-places of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance when the region was the centre of the world and inventing modern times.
In the winter, the ski resorts of the Apennine (Abetone at 1388 m) are in a cable's length and allow to associate mountain skiing, tourism andlong evenings by the fire-place grilling chestnuts.
« Green Tuscany » is the richest and the most varied part of this wonderful region. We are waiting for you !
Some strong points :
The two main airports of Tuscany serve the villa: Pisa specialised "low cost" (Ryanair, EasyJet), 25 min away and Florence, 50 min away.
The sea is 30 min away (the beaches of Livorno) or 40 / 45 min away (the creeks of the ledge between Livorno and Castiglioncello and the sandy beaches from Rossignano to Cecina).
Florence is less than an hour away. Lucca and its fortifications in typical Vauban’style are 45 min away. In the Southeast, the Etruscan and/or medieval jewels that are Voltera, Certaldo, San Geminiano and Sienna are distant from 30 to 60 min).
The municipality of Lari is near the villages of Ponsacco (6 km) and Pontedera (10 km) where you will find all the trades. Shopping can be made in Lari (1,2 km) and in La Capanina (Cevoli) where there is a small supermarket. Lari hosts the famous pasta workshop «Martelli», to be visited. The village is dominated by a medicean castle.
Casciana Terme (adjoining municipality) has a spa and hydropathical establishment, which proposes hot springs and body care. Its waters are renowned for the treatment of the digestive, vascular and respiratory functions.
The village is on "the wine trail" of Tuscany; Terricciola (another adjoining municipality) is well known for its wine production, a selection of the best vintage wines of which we propose you at the villa. For the amateurs, our immediate neighbour is an oenologist of international reputation.
Paris : 1105 km Florence : 75 km Livorno : 40 km
Rome : 350 km Sienna : 90 km Viareggio : 60 km
Milan : 315 km Lucca : 45 km San Gemignano : 50 km
Venise : 315 km Pisa : 30 k (Website hidden by Airbnb) Abetone : 115 km
A few events and places of interest around the villa:
In Pisa, the tower, the cathedral, the baptistery and the «Campo Santo»
One of the most spectacular and beautiful architectural site in the world. A must.
Lucca music festival
A famous venue for rock groups and singers
Florence musical spring
Operas, ballets, classical concerts all year long (as its title does not say), in the city theatres, with the most famous artistes.
The cherry fair in Lari - June
Lari is called “ the cherry city “ and the fair is a pretext to many cultural and musical events: exhibitions, theatre plays, concerts…
The Piaggio museum in Pontedera
The famous brand presents all its products: scooters, vespa, tricycles, through the history of the company. So typicaly italian!
Andrea Bocelli Concerts in Lajatico - July
In his native city, a few miles from the villa, the famous tenor gives recitals in a wonderful roman theatre.
Collinarea Festival (Lari, Palaia, Ponsacco, Casciana Terme) - july
In the street of these four villages, many shows, convivial diners, and concerts, all month long.
Puccini Festival (Viareggio) - July/August
In Torre del Lago Puccini on the shore of lake Massaciuccoli near Viareggio; the opera shows take place in the brand new open air theatre (3.200 seats), near by the Villa-Museum Puccini where the composer lived and worked during almost 30 years. The Puccini Festival in Torre del Lago is the only festival in the world, which is exclusively dedicated to the works of the great master Giacomo Puccini.
Anima Mundi Festival in Pisa - September
This festival of sacred music gathers large choirs and international artists. Many concerts are given in the cathedral (Duomo) and on Piazza dei Miracoli.
Festival Volterrateatro - juillet
In Volterra in the Piazza and in the medieval jail, an international festival which allies tradition and vanguard.
The Palio in Sienna – July 2 & August 16
« The » big event in Sienna, the Palio is a horse race between horsemen of the different quarters (contrade) of the city, which takes place in Piazza del Campo. Spectacular and thrilling!