Villa Maple Rouge is an ideal base for families, friends and anyone looking to enjoy a holiday in this beautiful region of France. Sleeps 4 - 10 people in 5 bedrooms with 3 bathrooms. You can relax around your very own swimming pool whilst looking at Mount Canigou and then cook dinner on the large BBQ on the terrace.
Fuilla is within a few miles of many family friendly, natural and historical attractions, this is a great place for a relaxing yet adventurous getaway.
Villa Maple Rouge is a modern detached villa with a private swimming pool, large barbeque, terrace and balcony with beautiful panoramic views of Mt Canigou.
The ground floor has a very large living room and a dining table big enough to seat a crowd. There is a large separate kitchen with it's own breakfast dining area. It is fully equipped with all you need to cook meals and prepare snacks. There is a double gas oven and coffee maker.
French doors open out onto the terrace and balcony from all the rooms which means the house is lovely and light and cool in the hot summer months.
The house is furnished to a high standard, with all the facilities and comfort you need to enjoy your holiday. You can expect beautiful crisp bed linen and fluffy towels. We even provide 5 bikes for you to use to explore the bike trails on your doorstep. To the side of the house is a BBQ and seating area. The pool (8 x 4 metres) is situated here and is in use from late April - Mid October.
Guests have sole access to the whole villa, gardens, pool and secure parking in the garage. We also provide free wireless internet and use of the telephone to many countries.
We have a team of people who are on hand to help should any problems arise during your stay. The housekeeper, gardener and pool man are all close by and available by phone if required.
You can also contact us, the owners, by phone, email or text, there is always (Email hidden by Airbnb) e and enjoy a holiday in the gorgeous mountain Catalan village of Fuilla. With over 300 days of sunshine per year we have the best weather of Southern France. Fuilla is within a few miles of many family friendly, natural and historical attractions, this is a great spot for a relaxing yet adventurous getaway. It is located in a sheltered valley situated in the foothills of the Pyrenees.
The walks in the area are many, varied and well marked, stroll around the village or take a hike following some of the most beautiful trails in France.
Visit the Tourist information for free leaflets on local walks.
For touring the area Fuilla is ideally situated and offers an excellent base. Just a few sites of interest within easy driving distance are listed below
OUT AND ABOUT - THINGS TO DO
* Little Yellow Train, catch this train from Villefranche de Conflent and enjoy the spectacular mountain views right into the Pyrenees towards the Spanish border.
* St Thomas les Bains, outstanding natural thermal hot springs in wonderful outdoor mountain setting.
*Animal Park, Casteil, lovely day out for the children, lots of animals to see and feed, in a beautiful mountain park, the walk around the park is 2-3 km
* Grottes de Canalettes, magnificent renowned caves with an incredible light and sound show.
* St Martin du Canigou, 9th century abbey perched impressively high on the hillside with fantastic scenery and walks.
* St Michel de Cuxa, 6th century abbey that hosts concerts during the Pablo Casals festival but is also open for viewing most of the year. Both this abbey and St Martin are considered to be the finest architecture of their period in France.
* Marquixanes, adventure centre, with zip wires, cargo nets and tree top climbing.
* Eus - Adventure centre Kap'oupa Kap, zip wires, climbing, pedal car, paint balling and much more.
* Collioure and many other Mediterranean resorts with beautiful sandy beaches and crystal blue Mediterranean sea.
* Barcelona, a fantastic day out in Spains most cosmopolitan city. Visit Gaudi's Segrada Familia, Parc Guell, Mont Juic and much more.
* Carcassonne, the prefect fairytale castle.
* Sigean, African safari park
* Aqualand, fabulous family day out to a Water park in St Cyprien.
* Wine tours and tastings - with hundreds of wineries in the area the choice is endless.
* Skiing - With less than an hour's drive to the ski slopes around Font Romeu, or towards the beaches, water-parks and golf-courses around Perpignan, you will be spoilt for choice.
All this and sports galore - ask for links and further details.
We advise that a car is essential for your stay in Fuilla, however you can leave the car in Villefranche de Conflent and take to local transport. Buses and trains in the area are only 1 euro per journey per person. (Not the Little Yellow Train)