I really enjoyed Safinez's place, it's beautiful and very modern, but I had serious issues with the way it's been maintained. It's a shame to have to write a poor review, because the place is really lovely, but it needs some serious maintenance. I ran into several issues during my month long stay there and had very little to no help from the manager, Adriana.
- The blinds at the front of the house were stopped working entirely and started to fall off the windows towards the end of my stay.
- The cable for the internet fell off the house at one point during a gusty storm, and the internet stopped working. It was gone for up to a week and I had to use local bars and restaurants for wifi to communicate back home and with the host.
-- When the internet went out, the manager asked if I could stick around all day to wait for them and be there when they got there.
- There were dirty dishes in the oven and dishwasher upon arrival that seemed to be brushed off by the manager.
- The gas light on the stove doesn't work, so I had to use matches to light it.
- The oven was completely broken - didn't find that out till after I bought groceries, of course. I let the manger know this within the first two weeks of my stay and by the time I left 20 days later, it still wasn't fixed despite several attempts to get in contact with her.
- The garbage process was disgusting and a complete mess. I had to leave the garbage bags on the patio for Adriana to pick up. When I let her know they were out there, which I did several times, she would say she would come to pick them up on a certain day, and wouldn't. So, by the end of the stay, there were three or four garbage bags out there.
-- The WORST part about the garbage that there were rats or birds or something from the canal that would come and tear the garbage bags open to get at the garbage inside. So not only did I have to deal with the garbage being out there, now I had to deal with the unsightly scene of garbage strewn over the patio.
- The shower downstairs flooded for a time
- The TV downstairs just straight up didn't turn on - it was broken.
- One of the fuses blew and the fridge and outlets stopped working. I'm not sure how this happened as the only thing I used that day was the gas stove.
All in all, a frustrating experience.