Set on 26 acres with amazing views of the Continental Divide and bordering Roosevelt National Forest this mountain retreat can accommodate your need to 'get away'. Come enjoy the beauty and rest that the Back Country has to offer.
This timber frame home was designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright and built using 100+ year old Douglas Fir timbers reclaimed from old Chicago warehouses and then transported to the home's current location. From start to finish - frame to siding - all the millwork and construction was done onsite by family hands. The Great Room's expansive fireplace is a main focal point of the home's three stories. Almost every western facing window as spectacular views of the Continental Divide and with multiple decks you are sure to be "wow"ed.
The home can comfortably sleep 16 people with 1 King Bed, 4 Queens, and 8 Twin Beds (with more accommodations possible with daybeds, sofas and sleeping bags).
- Living Room/Great Room with Fireplace
- Dining Area
- Full Kitchen and Eating Area
- Full Bath
- Laundry Area
- Guest Room #1: The Master Suite has a king bed, large soaking tub and full walk in shower; additionally this space is wheelchair accessible.
Guest Room #2: Queen bed, 1 Twin Bed
Guest Room #3: Queen Bed, 3 Twin Beds
2 Separate Sitting Areas
- 2nd Living Room
- ½ Bathroom
- Game Area (Pool Table, Ping Pong, Foosball Table
- Guest Room #4: 1 Queen Bed
- Guest Room #5: 1 Queen Bed, 1 Twin Bunk Bed
- Guest Room #6: 2 Twins
- Full Bathroom
This space is perfect for vacations, family reunions, retreats, corporate retreats or small weddings. If you are interested in a large event all details must be arranged prior to booking.
Guests will have full access to the main house and 26 acre property. The garage on the property is currently rented out (and those tenants have a dog) - guest's will not have access to this building.
Interakcija s gostima
I am available for guests from the first inquiry through check in to help make sure your stay is as comfortable and informative as possible. I am also available during your stay, if necessary.
- Please keep in mind this is truly a mountain home, 4WD with good tires is a must once snow is on the ground. The last section of road up to the house is steep, we want you to be safe in your travels to our beautiful home!
- While this is a magnificent family retreat home, the house is not 100% baby proof.
- Reservations with more then 16 guests may have additional cleaning fees
Everyone in your party must be aware of these rules.
1. Single guest under 27 years old are not permitted to rent this property unless their parents are members of the rental party. There are some exceptions to this so if you fall into this category please inquire about them.
2. At this time pets are not permitted on the property. Any guest who brings a pet to their rental, will forfeit their rental period/security deposit with no refund.
3. Absolutely no parties or events without the expressed written consent of the host. Onsite events are subject to an additional rental fee based on number of guests in attendance. Please contact us to discuss these details. The entire party will be evicted from the property with no refund if a party/event occurs without notification prior to booking.
4. No smoking in the house. Please place all cigarette butts in the ash bin at the front door (firmly replace lid). An additional $100 fee will be charged per cigarette butt to your credit card if butts are found on the property. THIS IS FOR FIRE SAFETY.
5. No outside fires permitted.
6. It is the guests responsibility to contact the host immediately if any aspect of the home is not "in working order”. This is applicable for the duration of your stay.
As a mother of 4 boys (yes 4!) I am always a little busy in every direction. A challenge I wouldn't have any other way! My husband and I are self employed business partners in the construction field. In my free time (haha) I love to bake and crochet and make music (I majored in Music Performance (String Bass) in college. I enjoy meeting new people and am excited to provide our family's mountain house for others to enjoy with their families!