Peaceful secluded escape overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. Well furnished rustic cabin with open and comfy spaces, fast wifi, HD cable tv, picture windows, on the Blue Ridge Mountain. Only 90 minutes from DC and Baltimore. Ideal for four to eight people. Relax at this nice scenic getaway.
Rate includes West Virginia's 6% sales tax on lodging.
Great mountain and valley views at this 4BD/2.5BA rustic secluded retreat. The first floor has a large great room with vaulted ceiling, skylights, and picture windows to take in the scenic views of the Shenandoah River Valley, woods, and beautiful sunsets.
The kitchen, dining table, and living area are all in the great room. The kitchen is partially divided from the living/dining area by a large brick fireplace in the middle of the great room.
The living area has two large couches, which can comfortably seat eight, a coffee table, a 42" LCD TV w/ Comcast Xfinity HD programming.
The dining table comfortably seats up to eight people.
The kitchen area has an electric range (the top has Two Burners and a griddle), dishwasher, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, standard refrigerator (no ice maker, just ice cube trays), blender, coffee maker, percolator, 4 cup coffee maker, and a Keurig (some k-cups are provided). There are enough plates, silverware, glasses, and wine glasses to serve eight. The kitchen has a fixed bar table with four stools for quick meals.
The four bedrooms are all located off of the great room; two on each side. The three king bedrooms each have a 32" LCD TV with Comcast HD programming. The fourth bedroom has two twin beds. The beds will be made and ready for you and your guests to rest.
The master bedroom has a full bath with walk-in shower. The remaining bedrooms share the second full bath, which has a regular bathtub. Each full bath has soap, shampoo, a hair dryer, some hand-towels and washcloths. Enough bath towels for each guest to have one will be provided. Extra bath towels will be provided for stays of three days or longer.
The rear of the house has three decks. Two decks are covered and screened and can only be accessed via the rear bedrooms. Each deck has some porch furniture. The main deck has a propane grill.
The basement has a pool table, bar table, washer, dryer, iron, ironing board, and a half bath.
The driveway has a basketball hoop (guests need to bring their own basketball).
Guests have full use of the house during their stay. The driveway can accommodate up to five cars (three in the lower driveway, which is next to the front entrance, and two at the top of the driveway).
Camp fires are currently prohibited along the mountain because of the high risk of forest fire. Please do not use the fire pit in the yard. The deck has a nice propane grill if you would like to cook outside.
There is a tiny patch of yard. However, we discourage outdoor activity on it because the yard has a downward slope, is rocky, and then there is a very steep downward slope at the edge of the yard.
Interakcija s gostima
I like to meet guests when they arrive to provide a quick tour of the house if possible. If I'm not able to be there for the guest's estimated arrival time, then guests will be able to let themselves using the lockbox on the front door.
It is our goal to be nonexistent after check-in, but available by airbnb messaging or phone if needed. The house does not have a landline, but the wifi is very good for communications via guest's devices.
The last several roads to the house are a little steep, curvy, narrow, and bumpy. Take your time until you're familiar with them.
There are four steps from the lower driveway to the front door. There is a long flight of steps from the first floor to the basement.
The house has a tankless hot water heater. It takes a little longer for hot water to get to the faucets, especially to the shared full bath.
- No more guests than the number listed on reservation. Guests exceeding the number authorized may be subject to immediate eviction. If your number of guests changes, please message me prior to your arrival with the update. No more than eight people (infants not included).
- Please do not rearrange the interior furniture. The exterior deck chairs can be moved from deck to deck if needed, but please return them to their original place when finished.
- Please report any inoperable amenity during your stay as soon as possible via Airbnb message. For example, the coffee maker isn't working.
- No smoking, or any form of smoking, in the house. Any cigarettes/cigars/etc. smoked outside need to be thoroughly extinguished and thrown away in a garbage bag. Please do not throw the butts in the yard or woods because of the high risk of forest fire.
- Beds that have been used need to have the linens removed and piled at the foot of the bed prior to departure.
- If you use the fireplace, then do not leave the fire unattended with the doors open. Firewood is only provided during cold months. Only use seasoned firewood in the fireplace. If you're not actively watching the fire, please close the fireplace doors. When finished with the fireplace, please close the fireplace doors, and close the two round vents on the fireplace doors. Please do not touch the fireplace damper.
- No outdoor fires, including the fire pit.
- Please do not feed the wildlife. Please do not leave food outside, including on the decks.
- Please do not leave perishable or unsealed food behind. Please either take it with you, or put in the garbage can. Please bag waste before putting it in the garbage can. Some garbage bags are provided.
- Dirty dishes, glassware, pots, pans, silverware, etc. needs to be loaded into the dishwasher, and the dishwasher needs to be started prior to departure (some dishwasher tabs are provided under sink). OR hand washed and placed in the drying rack prior to departure (some dish soap is provided).
- Kitchen garbage needs to be bagged, tied, and placed in the red garbage can in the driveway prior to departure. Recyclables (cardboard, metals, and plastics) can't be bagged. Please dump recyclables in the red recycling bin in the driveway prior to departure.
- Please check to make sure that all doors have been locked prior to leaving the house.
I love exploring! Whether it is state parks, city neighborhoods, or museums, I always like to be discovering something new. I've been in Jefferson County for over six years now, and I am still discovering new historic sites, outdoor recreation, and local artists. It is a great place to be for rest or exploration. I also like to travel, which is easy being only 50 minutes from Dulles International Airport. My most recent international travel was to Sydney and Melbourne in November, and both were outstanding!