Relax in our boutique, "self-catering" accommodation. Chalet Hotaru is a beautiful, welcoming, & private retreat in contemporary Japanese style. It is situated on a lovely 5 acre property near Uki in the stunning Tweed Valley. Wollumbin/Mt Warning National Park & "Mavis's Kitchen" is just minutes away. We are family friendly accommodation. Generous breakfast hamper provided. Come, relax and enjoy a little "taste of Japan" in the Northern Rivers! ( Tweed Shire registered accommodation )
" Chalet Hotaru e youkoso! " Welcome to Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning!
* Beautiful and private "Self-catering" B&B accommodation for exclusive use by one couple or family only. Generous breakfast hamper provided at beginning of your stay.
* Best suited to one couple or couple with small family ( 2 kids + 1 baby maximum) . We are a family friendly property, but also a great place for a sublime romantic weekend getaway! The perfect space to retreat to and rest after climbing Mt Warning!
* Separate down stairs living space with 2 Japanese daybeds that convert to two single beds for sleeping. All extra bedding is supplied in plastic crates for guests to access at their leisure.
* 10 mat "tatami mat" loft bedroom with openable roof windows & platform queen size bed. ( This room is open to the downstairs living space, therefore in terms of privacy, this arrangement may not suit all guests if considering traveling with children or another couple.
* Luxurious bathroom with a lovely free-standing bath/separate shower with a Japanese touch. Quality complimentary toiletries included including Japanese bath salts.
* Separate, fully self-contained kitchenette with dining table and seating for 4 people. Essential cooking items, electrical items inc.microwave oven, portable hotplate, rice cooker, toaster, kettle, pod coffee maker, coffee plunger, crockery, cutlery & glassware all provided.
* Completely private Japan inspired courtyard garden with verandah and gas BBQ. Garden has a large floodlight to illuminate the rainforest and creek below.
* Japanese "yukata" (robes) for use during one's stay and quality guest slippers available for guest's convenience. ( Robes/slippers for adult guests only. ) All linen provided.( Except for porta-cot bedding. )
* The chalet is equipped with air-conditioning and a ceiling fan for comfort.
* "Hotaru" ( fireflies ) can be seen from your chalet garden every year, roughly between late July and early September. Presence is seasonal however, and can not be guaranteed. We provide "hotaru sighting" updates on our "social media" page for those who are interested!
* A variety of friendly farm animals ( donkeys, sheep & alpacas ) and poultry including chickens, geese & guineafowl live on site. Supervised feeding of animals possible, weather etc permitting. There is also a vast array of lovely native bird life. Hence guests must be prepared for some level of "noise" at various times of the day e.g. Joyfully singing kookaburras or singing donkeys!
* A selection of magazines/board games/puzzles/ DVD's/ and a small collection of Japanese music CD's and Japanese DVD's inc."anime" also available for guests to enjoy.
* Free Wifi available ( normal usage only/no excessive downloads ) Please note, there may be disruption to the Wifi service during electrical storms.
* Please be aware that as we operate under a B&B license, we can not offer laundry facilities at the chalet. However there is a great little laundromat just down the road next to the Uki Supermarket...just 5 mins drive away!
* Early check-ins ( before 3pm ) can NOT be accommodated. Late check-outs ( until 12pm ), may be possible at the discretion of the owner.
*** Short notice/same day bookings: please note that due to busy family and outside work commitments, it may not always be possible to accommodate last-minute bookings (ie. within less than 24 hours notice of arrival ) But please enquire via the Airbnb Message system just in case we are able to accommodate you!
* Please consider: This accommodation is in a beautiful semi-rural environment. We are also primarily a family residence. Guests who really are not so keen on domestic pets ( dogs, cats ), or the sounds of poultry, wild birds and livestock eg. singing donkeys ( or children ), may unfortunately not find this property to their liking. Please be mindful of this when making a booking with us, as we wish all our guests to have the most wonderful and memorable experience possible.
* Chalet Hotaru is only 5 mins from bottom car park/entrance to Mount Warning ( climbing path )/ just 3 minutes from Mavis's Kitchen Restaurant/ 5 mins ( drive ) to village of Uki/40 mins to Nimbin/ 10 mins to Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre/15 mins to Murwillumbah/45 mins to Gold Coast Airport and 1 hour to Byron Bay
PLEASE NOTE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION
* We are a registered accommodation provider. ( We pay GST and have met all applicable safety standards. )
* Standard fee of $225.00 per night based on 2 person occupancy applies year round. ( Except during the New Year period (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) per night applies ) Prices are subject to change. We have a STRICT cancellation policy.
* A minimum 2 night stay applies to all bookings without exception.
* A minimum 5 night stay applies to New Years; min 3 night stay at Easter
* No cleaning fee, no security bond - but please leave accommodation in basically the same condition as it was upon arrival. All dishes to be washed and rubbish disposed of in bins provided, prior to departure.
* 10% discount applies to returning guests. Please advise at time of booking if you are a returning guest.
* Please note: In the case of 2 guests staying but requiring separate beds, a surcharge of $30.00 will be charged (per stay), to cover the extra bedding & laundry requirements.
* Currently we can cater only for 2 adults and up to 2 children & 1 baby
* Children under 2 stay free ( $50.00 per night per child over 2 years of age. Portacot & high chair available upon request. Need to supply own bedding for portacot. Safety gates are available for the stairs ( top and bottom). Please advise host in advance if requiring any of these fixtures.
* We very regretfully need to have a NO PETS policy due to our rather interesting and large assortment of domestic pets, free-ranging poultry and livestock.
* Generous breakfast provisions provided for the FIRST night of your stay only. ( Provisions include: bread, muesli, butter, bacon & free-range eggs, orange juice, milk, choice of teas/ground or pod coffee, Japanese "genmaicha" tea and jams, condiments, fresh fruit ) Please notify hosts of any special dietary requirements at least 48 hours prior to your date of arrival.
* "O-sake" available for purchase separately on site. ( Cash only purchases. )
* Explore either your inner "diva" or inner "dag" by enjoying the new addition of our state of the art KARAOKE SYSTEM!
COMING SOON to Chalet Hotaru:
- beautiful outdoor Japanese bath Pavillon overlooking the creek below.
- sublime, separate downstairs bedroom suite " Take no Ma". It will have its own "washitsu" tatami mat sitting room overlooking a new "koi" fish pond.
- Please keep an eye on our fa_ebo_k page for updates re completion of these new additions.
* Guests are permitted into the yard of the main residence by invitation only
( ie. When feeding the livestock )
* As we operate under a B&B license, we can not offer laundry facilities at the chalet. Fortunately, there is a great laundromat open 7 days a week right next door to the Uki Supermarket. ( Just 5 mins drive down the road. )
* Guests can access the creek and waterhole from the rear driveway, but are urged to exercise caution. Swimming is strictly not permitted in the waterhole and children must be fully supervised at all times please.
( During times of flood, guests must avoid the creek and waterhole.)
* The chalet is NOT part of the main residence. It is separated by a breezeway and garden/lawn. There is also a a timber screen along one side of the back verandah area for added privacy.
Interakcija s gostima
We live on the property close by. Despite the relative proximity of the main residence, our guests are afforded total privacy. Having said that, we are more than happy to interact with our guests as well when appropriate.
If our guests ( or their children ) have the time and interest, we offer them the opportunity to enjoy supervised feeding of our little menagerie of farm animals! ( There may be some days this is not possible, due to inclement weather or prior engagements, however we will always try to find a time that suits you if possible. )
* Check in no earlier than 3pm and preferably no later than 6pm. ( Please notify hosts of your approximate arrival time by text msg on the date of arrival. Please be mindful of the fact that we are on NSW time. )
* Check out time by 11am. A late check-out by 12pm, may be possible at the discretion of the owner.
* As we respect the privacy of our guests, we do not routinely offer a "turndown" or "refresh" service for stays of 3 nights or less.
* Please note that due to stairs leading to the loft, low ceiling space and low platform bed, this accommodation may not be suited to all people.
*Please note that domestic pets, ( friendly) cats and dogs reside at the property. Aside from our donkeys, alpacas and sheep, we also have an odd assortment of poultry, therefore a reasonable level of "farmyard" noise is to be expected at various times during your stay at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning! We are a family residence as well as a B&B.
* Due to safety and insurance reasons, guests are not permitted access to the paddocks under any circumstances. Swimming in the waterhole/or creek not permitted at any time.
* Children and domestic pets reside at the main residence. We endeavour at all times, to keep any "noise" to a minimum while guests are staying on the property. Our children our not permitted unsupervised interaction with guests at any time, nor are they allowed any access to the grounds/inside of the chalet.
* Returning guest discount ( 10%) is available. Please advise at time of booking if you are a returning guest.
* Attending at Wedding at Mavis's Kitchen? If so, please note the following:
- Regrettably, we are not in a position to offer a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service under any circumstances, due to insurance and practical family reasons. Getting a taxi may or may not be tricky. It is advisable to organise your transport/who is going to be the "skipper" well in advance, to avoid any complications or headaches. We have no wish to offend or inconvenience guests by having to refuse such requests.
* Please... food and drink must not be consumed upstairs in the tatami mat room. As in Japan, footware inc.shoes, things & slippers must not be worn on the tatami mats. It is expensive and difficult to replace.
* Please notify the hosts immediately of any issues (damage/breakages/malfunctions ) pertaining to the chalet in order that we are able to address any problems as quickly as possible, as well as ensuring the comfort and safety of our guests.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
* Please note our STRICT cancellation policy.
* Much of the furnishings/decor in the chalet are sourced from Japan and are not easily fixed or replaced. Guests will be asked to pay for any damages/lost/missing items ( through the Airbnb Resolution Centre ) in this regard.
* We welcome children at the chalet, however parents will be held responsible for costs of any items broken/damaged by their children.
** Full adult supervision of children required at all times ( due to presence of livestock & unfenced natural water bodies close by ).
* Guests ( and their children), are not permitted access to the paddocks under any circumstances for safety & insurance reasons.
* Access to the garden of the main residence is by invitation only, and ONLY when supervised feeding of the animals is taking place.
* Children of the hosts are not allowed access to any part of the chalet at any time.
* Smoking strictly NOT permitted inside the chalet. Smoking permitted outside in the courtyard garden only. Ashtray supplied.
* Only paying guests permitted to stay at the chalet. Please consult with your hosts before allowing friends/family to visit you at the property. (Charges apply to extra guests staying at the chalet, and this must be organised at the time of booking.
* Cleaning Fee: We do not charge a cleaning fee, so we request that the property is left relatively as you found it on checking in. We trust all our guests to " do the right thing". Please ensure rubbish is disposed of thoughtfully and dirty dishes etc be washed before leaving. Used towelling to be left in the laundry hamper or in the bath. Guests will be charged for the cost of professional cleaning, if the chalet is left in very bad condition.
* Due to our "eco" septic system, no rubbish or sanitary items may be flushed down the toilet. Please use bin provided in bathroom.
* Candles: Candles must ONLY be burnt in candle holders provided. They must not be placed directly on the bath tub. No candles to be used upstairs in the tatami mat room for safety reasons.
* Food and drink must not be consumed upstairs in the tatami mat room.
* Please do NOT use massage oil on the tatami mats!
( Does not come out! The mats are difficult and expensive to replace and guests who cause damage to the mats will be asked to pay for their replacement.)
** Footwear ( shoes/thongs etc ) must not be worn on the tatami mats.
** Sorry, NO pets permitted at the chalet. Pets regrettably, can not be accommodated at this property due to our own existing pets, livestock and free-ranging poultry, even though we love all animals and appreciate their importance as companions to many people.
* We are not a "party house" and ask that guests refrain from making excessive noise between 10.30pm and 8am.
* Please ensure the BBQ is cleaned after each use to avoid attracting pests and rodents to the chalet.
* No unsupervised feeding of the livestock permitted
* Strictly no swimming in the creek or waterhole for insurance and safety reasons.
* All appliances and lights must be switched off and the keys to be returned to the host at time of departure.
* Furniture in the chalet must not be moved around.
* The Japanese "yukata" (robes) are for guests to enjoy during their stay. They are not to be removed from the chalet.
* The hosts are to be notified immediately (day or night) of any problems/issues that may arise with the chalet, in order to have the chance to rectify any situation that arises promptly. Please contact Anita via mobile phone in the case of any emergency.
* Guests attending wedding at Mavis's Kitchen: Please note that we are NOT in a position to offer either a "drop-off" or "pick-up" service under any circumstances. Guests are responsible for organising their own transport to these functions. We do not advise walking, due to the dangerous nature of Kyogle Rd.
* The hosts assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged belongings of the Guests during their stay at the chalet.
* In order to meet any dietary needs of our guests, we require at least 48 hours notice of any specific dietary requirements/allergies.
* Early check-ins are not possible. ( This is because we require a full 4 hours to clean and prepare the chalet after the previous guests have departed.
*A late check-out ( by 12pm ) is possibly available at the discretion of the host.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding. :)
Global citizen, a mother, high school teacher and generally a big sucker for all furry and feathered creatures in need!
Relocated from the Perth hills in Western Australia a couple of years ago, and now enjoying the "quiet life" in the beautiful Northern Rivers district of NSW, Australia. I have spent 1 year living in Austria as an AFS exchange student(kann ein bischen Deutsch sprechen ) and 6 years living in Japan. 3 years on the JET Programme ( in the mountains of Toyama prefecture ) and a further 3 years teaching at an English language school in Saitama prefecture. ( 日本語で話しましょう!) Now I share my passion for "most" things Japanese by sometimes teaching the language at local high schools, or by setting up a B&B with a distinct Japanese flavour! When I get the time ( rarely these days ), I enjoy playing the Japanese "o-koto" for fun.
We wanted to create a beautiful and unique space where guests could truly relax and feel at peace, where guests could interact ( if wanted ) with our lovely animals or simply enjoy their own or each other's company. Having spent so much time living in Japan, it was a "no-brainer" that our accommodation would have a Japanese theme. Maybe not everybody's "cup of tea", but we love it anyway!
My family and I look forward to welcoming a wide variety of people to this beautiful part of the world at Chalet Hotaru, Mt Warning.