Welcome! We offer a simple, but clean and pretty, double room on 2nd Floor (3rd US) of our Edwardian family house. We have a guest bathroom (comprising shower cubicle and washbasin) and a separate guest WC, so you are not sharing facilities with our family. You may be sharing the guest bathroom with other guests, if the our other room ('Room 1' with a View - Near Station) is also occupied. Price includes basic self-service continental breakfast. Full English may be available for a charge.
The room has twin single beds, which we can push together for couples. There is an extra single bed (trundle-bed) for parties of 3. We can accommodate parties of up to 6 persons, if you simultaneously book our other room ('Room 1' with a View - Near Station - Airbnb ID (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)). The room has pretty views over Saint Leonards. Bedding and Towels, shampoo, etc. will be provided. Please note: there are lots of stairs!
Guests have their own private room, and access to the guests' bathroom (which has a shower cubicle rather than a bath), plus the guests' WC. Guests are welcome to use our garden (and trampoline for kids - at own risk, with parental supervision). We offer a simple self-service breakfast of bread, butter and jams, breakfast cereals, juice, tea and coffee. Depending on our commitments we may be able to offer a delicious full English breakfast for an additional charge.
Interakcija s gostima
This is a friendly, busy, bustling family home, and our children are sometimes noisy, but this stops once they are in bed! We want guests to feel comfortable and at home with us. The amount of interaction with guests will depend upon guest preferences and how busy we are. We are friendly people, however, we will always respect guests' wishes for privacy. The only thing we will always need to interact about is your arrival times, so we can be there to let you in (guests do not get a key). If you plan to arrive after 11.00 pm on weeknights or after midnight on weekends, you should tell us before you book.
We offer a real family-home experience, with everything that goes with that, good and bad! If you want a hotel experience, then this is NOT for you. But if you want a comfortable room in a family home, and not pay a fortune, then this might be just what you are looking for! Please note, although the guest accommodation is recently decorated (see photo), the common parts of the house are, in some instances, rather worn and tatty, as we cannot afford to renovate this large Edwardian House in one hit. This should not affect your experience, but if you like the whole house to be perfectly presented, we may not be fore you! Although all our Air BnB bookings appear on the online calendar automatically, and we also try to update our calendar if we know we have other commitments, the needs of our family and our children, can sometimes mean we have to decline a booking, e.g. if we are not available, or could not give you the experience we want to give our guests. We hope this does not happen, but if we do have to decline your booking for this reason, we wish to apologise and hope you understand. Please read our Terms and Conditions under 'House Rules' and write to confirm you accept them for a quick booking confirmation!
THE HOST'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The terms and conditions which follow govern the booking of a room, or rooms, and other amenities, at the host family’s residential address, known as 50 Tower Road West, St. Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, TN38 0RG, UK (hereinafter ‘the house’), on a non-secure bed-and-breakfast-style licence. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you (hereinafter ‘the Guest’) will be entering into a legally binding contract with the Host, Juliet Wickham (hereinafter 'the Owner'):
1. The Guest confirms that they have answered all enquiries by the Owner truthfully and agrees to provide proof of ID, their full name and address, as well as their personal email address and mobile phone number, when required.
2. The Guest shall not permit any persons, beyond the number agreed with the Owner to stay in the house.
3. The house is fully equipped and furnished and the Guest will be provided with bed linen, towels, toilet paper and soap. Please see listing details for what is provided. Items not listed, the Guest will need to bring with them. In case of doubt, please ask. The Guest agrees to notify the Owner immediately upon arrival of anything missing or damaged, or of any other fault found.
4. The Guest will not receive keys to the house, as this is our family home, so it will be important for the Guest to communicate with the Owner about their arrival times on the arrival day and each evening. Because we are a busy family with children, guests are required to inform us, before the booking is accepted, if they expect to arrive after 11 pm on weeknights or after midnight at weekends, because occasionally this may be too late for us and we require an opportunity to decline the booking.
5. Check in is from 4 PM and check out is by 11 AM. Departures after 11.00 AM which have been agreed with the Owner shall be charged an extra day’s booking at the advertised rate. At the end of the booking period the Guest agrees to vacate the house immediately.
9. At the end of the booking period the Guest promises to leave the house in the same condition to that in which it was found. If any part of the house that has been used by the Guest is found to be in a dirty, disorderly, or otherwise unacceptable condition, the Guest shall pay a cleaning surcharge of £60 and in extreme cases a higher figure, at the Owner’s sole discretion, to reflect the true costs of returning the house to a lettable condition.
10. The house including the furniture and the other contents are to be treated with care. The Guest is liable for any damage to the house (or any part thereof), to the contents of the house (or of any part of the house) and garden (and for any other breaches of these terms and conditions) whether caused by themselves, a member of their party or their visitor.
11. We have a cat and there is a chicken coup with chickens in the garden. Occasionally we look after a family member's dog for a few days. The guest may not bring their own animals.
12. NO SMOKING: It is not permitted to smoke in any part of the house, in particular (but not limited to) the room, or rooms, booked by the Guest. There is a £200 penalty for guests found to have smoked within any part of the house, or who have permitted a member, or members, of their party to do so.
13. The advertised security deposit shall be deemed to be held: (1) against any loss or damage caused by the Guest, by a member (or members) of his/her party, or by his/her visitor (or visitors); (2) against unpaid sums, including those for staying beyond the agreed time; and/or, (3) against any cleaning surcharge. Should damage, unpaid sums, or losses of any kind, exceed the amount held by way of security deposit, the Guest shall make good the difference to the Owner within 7 days of notification by the Owner, failing which the Owner is entitled to recover her losses by all lawful means.
15. If the Guest (or a member of their party) washes clothes during their stay, they shall not leave clothes to dry in their room(s), but shall use the clothes drying rack/airer which is provided or the clothes line in the garden.
16. The Guest shall if requested give the Owner, or any person acting with the Owner's authority, reasonable access to their room(s) during daylight hours for all lawful purposes including, but not limited to, inspecting and carrying out repairs, except in case of emergency (e.g. fire or flood) when the Owner, or those acting with the Owner's authority, shall be entitled to enter immediately.
17. If this contract is frustrated by events outside the Owner’s control including, but not limited to, fire or flood, the Owner’s liability shall be limited to providing a full refund to the Guest of all sums paid to the Owner, and the Guest is advised to take out their own holiday insurance for their own protection in such circumstances.
18. We offer access to our family’s wireless broadband internet (“Wi-Fi”) for our Guests, at no extra charge. Although we undertake to continue to pay for this service, because the service is supplied by a third party company, we cannot offer any refund or discount for interruptions or failure of the internet service.
20. If there are any terms appearing elsewhere on this hosting website, which appear to conflict with these 'Owner's terms and conditions', then these terms and conditions shall take precedence.
19. If any of the legal requirements set out in this contract are inoperative or impractical, or become so after completion of the contract, the effectiveness of the remainder of the contract will not be affected.
20. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and communications with the Owner shall be in English, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
21. Obligations under this agreement only become binding once the Guest has written to confirm their agreement to these terms AND payment has been made.
Ovaj domaćin ima 2 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Hi, we are a family of five. My older son is 25 and lives in London and is a classically trained pianist. We have a good piano in our house in St Leonards and Simon is a competent pianist. Guests would be welcome to play our piano. In our house in St Leonards there is my husband Simon, myself and our 11 year old twins, Rosa and Arthur. I was an actress for 10 years but now run my own business selling washable nappies and my husband is a primary school teacher. We are an easy going adventurous family who love meeting new people and visiting new places. Simon speaks fluent German and a little Spanish and French. I enjoy gardening, cooking, the theatre and travelling.