In the heart of the Belgian Ardennes, in a hamlet of some 70 inhabitants and in the shadow of the local church, lies the old village school of Brisy. A solitary classroom and the school master's house; at its peak, 40 odd children would attend school here. However, by 1960 this number had fallen to a mere six. School master Andre was left with little choice but to close his doors. Ever since, his sizeable house has been let as a gîte. The original building dates from 1850 - renovations over the years have been careful to preserve its character. The old walls, doors, floors, fireplace and arched cellar are a throwback to a simpler time. Of course without skimping on a few modern amenities. The most recent renovation dates from 2013. School master Andre's house has five bedrooms. It borders a dead end street and occupies a 3000 m2 lot with an old garden of fruit trees, oaks and beeches. The house has a view of the horses and cows in the surrounding fields.