Casa Antigua is a 2 story, 1910 home built by Henry Flagler's Model Land Co. in the heart of downtown St. Augustine. Private home feel, yet only a 5 minute walk from downtown attractions! Centrally located and safe area. 3 beds, 2 bath.
Casa Antigua is a 2 story, 1910 home built by Henry Flagler's Model Land Company nestled in the heart of downtown St. Augustine. This home is a piece of St. Augustine's magnificent Flagler era history; a time when many of St. Augustine's most impressive structures were erected. I am an interior designer and we just completed a full renovation/partial restoration on this home to bring back it's original luster and incorporate all of the modern day, upscale amenities you love. The house features many beautiful architectural details such as original heart pine floors, 11' foot ceilings, spacious rooms, formal dining room with wainscoting, oversized windows, columns, marble fireplaces (non-functioning), and much more. Much of the furniture and decor was chosen to reflect interior design styles popular at the time such as art moderne, art nouveau, and art deco.
Casa Antigua is located in the most central and safest downtown neighborhood block. It is just a five minute walk from all downtown destinations such as the bay front, the fort, wedding venues, restaurants, art galleries, and shopping. Tennis courts are only 1 block away as well.
Spend some time relaxing in one of the rocking chairs on the large, columned front porch overlooking other historic homes and passersby. You will likely see historic reenactors and tour groups walking down the street.
One covered off-street parking spot is included in the rear of the house and one street parking permit is available, so you will have room for 2 cars. Additional street parking often available. The historic downtown parking garage is just one block away, as well.
You will be renting the entire home which includes 3 large bedrooms (2 kings beds, 1 queen) with closets, 1 dressing/lounge room, 2 full bathrooms with showers, a study/den room, a living room with 55" flat screen smart tv open to a formal dining room. Completely renovated kitchen stocked with dishes, silverware, pots and pans! Washer and dryer included.
Linens, towels, toilet paper, dish soap and many other neccessities are provided. Guests only need to bring shampoo, conditioner, and other personal toiletries.
* Casa Antigua may not be a good fit for families with small children. Our home holds significant historical and sentimental value and, unfortunately, is simply not set up to accommodate the needs of small children.*
You would enter through the red front door and have access to the entire home, porches, and rear brick patio.
Interakcija s gostima
Feel free to call or text me should you need anything!
This house is historic and a sentimental family heirloom. We ask guests to please treat the house gently. In an effort to keep our house in great condition for another century we have a few guidelines for use of the house:
-No children under 12, pets, parties, drugs, smoking, fires or flames please.
There are 3 bicycles on the property which you may utilize at your own risk.
We have a contract that we ask our guests to sign and return to us a part of the booking process. It covers mostly basics plus a few special instructions to help our home continue to age gracefully. Details below:
The house has a maximum of 6 total guests, including the renter. No additional guests are permitted unless special permission is given by property owner. Renter shall not be under 25 years old, and shall not leave anyone under 25 at the property unsupervised.
II. PROPERTY POLICIES
Renter and all house guests must abide by the following policies:
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. EST. Renters must follow the checkout checklist, located at the bottom.
2. FLAMES, FIRES, SMOKING: Flames, fires, and smoking are not permitted on the property.
3. PETS: Pets are NOT permitted on the property.
4. PLUMBING AND DRAINS: Please flush TOILET PAPER ONLY down toilets. Other synthetic materials such as wet wipes, tampons, sanitary qtips, or other items are MAY NOT BE FLUSHED. This is an older home and flushing of non-permitted items will result in clogs!
5. AIR CONDITIONING: The home was built in 1910 and much of the insulation is original. Our air conditioner cannot cool below 73 degrees. In an effort to keep rental costs down and prevent our air conditioning unit from an early demise, we ask that you set the thermostats no lower than 73 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. PROPERTY USE: The property may not be used for parties, events, weddings, or a place of business.
7. MINIMUM AGE: Vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age are not permitted to stay at the property unless accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult guardian or parent.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of overnight guests is limited to 6 persons.
9.KEYS AND DOORS: 2 keys for the front door will be provided upon check-in. When you check out, please lock all 3 doors. Be sure to place one key on the silver tray in the foyer and use the other to key to lock the front door. Drop the key used to lock the front door through the mail slot in the front door.
Please make sure to lock all 3 doors any time the house is unoccupied. Keys are provided for the front door. The rear door and kitchen door must be locked via the deadbolts on the interior.
10. WINDOWS: Many of the windows in the house are antique poured glass and are sealed shut. Attempting to open them may result in damage. You may open any of the modern windows, which can be found in the upstairs north bedroom or in the kitchen. Please be sure to shut and lock windows during rain or snow, or prior to leaving the house.
11. DAMAGE DEPOSIT AND DAMAGES: A $300 damage deposit was included in your online payment. The damage deposit will be returned within a week of your departure pending inspection of the condition of the property, if no damages are found.
Your damage deposit will be kept in partial or full if your or your guests:
a. damage the property or its contents
b. lose keys, resulting in a need to re-key the locks
c. leave evidence of pets on the premises, resulting in additional cleaning and or repairs
d. damage, lose or steal linens, kitchenware, furniture, or other items in or on the property
e. leave cigarettes, cigars, other smoking related items, on the property
f. lose or take the parking pass
g. checkout late
h. do not adhere to the check out policy
i. leave the house untidy or rearranged, resulting in excessive cleaning or additional time spent by maid
j. doors or windows are left open and/or unlocked resulting in damages or theft
k. cause plumbing problems in the case that anything other than toilet paper flushed down the toilet.
If damages or other issues arise from your stay exceeding the $300 deposit, the damage deposit will first be applied and the renter signed on this agreement will be billed for the remainder.
12. Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. All guest are assume the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
13. CANCELLATIONS : A thirty (30) day notice prior to the arrival date is required for cancellation, which will be subject to a 10% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than thirty (30) day prior to the arrival date are non-refundable. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund. Full refunds within 30 days of the arrival date are only honored in the occasion of a natural disaster, where evacuation is mandatory during the scheduled booking.
14. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY.
Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
15. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in or may be evicted.
III. HOUSE CONDITION AND AMENITIES
The first floor consists of a stair foyer, living room, den, dining room, kitchen, shower bathroom, and exterior recreational areas. The second floor includes 3 bedrooms, a dressing/lounge room and another shower bathroom. One bedroom has a king-size bed, a second bedroom has a queen-size bed, and a third bedroom has a full-size bed.
HOUSE CONDITION: The house will be in clean and working condition. No compensations will be given for non-working items outside the owner’s control, including but not limited to power outages, cable TV outages, internet outages, etc. For items inside the owner’s control, the owners will make every attempt to rectify problems that may occur while you are in the house. It is the renter’s responsibility to notify the owner immediately if there are any problems. No refunds or any other compensation will be given for the problems that the owner is able to rectify within a reasonable time frame.
PARKING/ PARKING PASSES: Off street parking is limited to one (1) vehicle and is provided by a covered brick parking pad in the rear of the house. The parking spot may be tight for any large trucks or SUVS. Be cautious when pulling in or backing out.
A residential street parking pass is located on the foyer console. This is applicable to the reserved parking spots along Saragossa and neighboring streets. Renters must display parking pass on the vehicle’s rear view mirror at all times. Failure to display may result in ticketing and/or towing of vehicle at renter’s expense. BE SURE TO LEAVE THE PARKING PASS ON THE CONSOLE WHEN YOU LEAVE. These are very expensive and we will have to charge you $95 to have the pass replaced.
Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas (website hidden) AND WIFI: The house has TV and Wifi. Instructions for their use are located in the house manual and in rooms with TVs.
EXTRAS: We have a personal grill and 3 bikes located on the property. They are nothing fancy but we are willing to share them with you as long as they are in working condition. Instructions for the grill and bikes, including bike lock codes are in the house manual. Bikes must be locked up when not in use, and if locked in city, locked in a legal location.
All rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. Damage charges will be taken from damage deposit if damages are incurred. Renter agrees to pay the difference if damages exceed the damage deposit total of $300.
CHECK OUT CHECKLIST
oCheck drawers and under your bed for personal items
oTurn off both a/c units. One thermostat is behind the glass door in the living room and the other is in the upstairs hall.
oLeave any damp towels in the bathroom
oPlace any dirty dishes in the dish washer and start cycle. Take any odor causing trash out to trash bin near parking pad.
oMake sure there is no running water
oTurn off all interior lights and televisions
oLock deadbolts on all 3 doors
oDrop key in mailbox
oDouble check you returned parking pass
Hello! My family is local to the St. Augustine area and we are happy to call it home. We enjoy meeting guests from different areas and giving them a taste of our special town.
During my free time I like to travel and find other great cities to explore.