It’s hard to recommend this place.
* the balcony was great, and we enjoyed sitting there every evening. Great city views.
* the location is 6-7 blocks from a metro stop
* the building security was good
* the kitchen is appointed for very basic cooking (but the only "sharp" knife is a bread knife), and we appreciated the storage containers for leftovers and the good fry pan
* laundry room in the building
* Cleanliness: the apartment needs a thorough cleaning. Some areas were clean (bathroom sink/toilet/shower, kitchen sink, refrigerator interior), but for example the rug in the living room needs to be professionally cleaned or replaced, and the tile floor was filthy. Our feet were dirty after walking around barefoot.
* Communication: We were able to let ourselves into the apartment using the key Barbara told us to pick up from the front desk. However, we were given no other information before check in or once we got into the apartment, including on how to access the laundry or gym, where to dispose of the garbage, or even the wifi network/password. Our choices were to go to a cafe with wifi or buy a local data card to ask for the password and other information.
* Bed: the mattress is uncomfortable, you can feel the bed springs through it. There was no mattress pad provided, but there were four spare blankets in the closet that I put between the sheet and mattress, which helped a bit.
* Exposure: the apartment faces east, and therefore heats up very quickly on summer mornings and stays hot into the night. The draperies in the apartment are not light blocking so do not help.
* Noise: The apartment is at the intersection of two busy streets, and the inevitable traffic noise is quite loud.
* Provisions: Bare minimum -- we had booked it for a week and there was only one roll of toilet paper provided, and about 3 cm of somewhat watered down dish soap in a very small container. There was only one hand towel in the kitchen. There were, however, plenty of plastic bags, shampoo/conditioner, and liquid hand soap in the bathroom (although the dispenser didn't work). There were no food staples in the apartment, other than a tiny bit of salt and white pepper in very small shakers, which is not required but has not been our experience in other Airbnb apartments.