This sweet room is just minutes outside of downtown Honolulu, but the house feels like it's in the country. Perfect for one or two, this room will give you a home base while on Oahu. Minutes from both the beach and mountain hikes, come stay with us! Coffee and tea are on us!
A lovely old house just minutes from downtown Honolulu, but walk down the stairs from street level and it feels like you're in the country. This three bedroom house has hardwood floors, an open-plan kitchen, and gas range. Also available are washer/dryer, and charcoal grill.
The bedroom features a trundle bed for easily sleeping one or two people, a writing desk, outlets for charging electronics, and closet space. The sheets are always freshly laundered and 100% cotton.
"We had a great time at Louis and Janine's place. They are wonderful hosts and we loved to chat with them. They have a lot of great tips in their guest book or give it to you when you ask. Definitely a place where we would come back. Take it if you have the chance!" - Carmen
Guest will have sole access to their rented bedroom during their stay. Guests share a full bath with shower with the rest of the house (owners have a half bath off their bedroom, so privacy at night is assured). Our guests are encouraged to use the kitchen, living room, and front courtyard.
Interakcija s gostima
We would love to help you find activities to do on Oahu while you're staying with us, so please ask! Guests can determine their level of interaction with the hosts, but we are not adverse to sharing conversations over coffee in the morning, a glass of wine in the evening, or hanging out while we (or you) cook and share dinner.
"Janine and Louis are wonderful people and hosts. They make you feel at home. The house is in a good location and close to many tourist attractions. Janine is very organized and responds very quickly. Highly recommended. Mahalo!" - Maryam
There are a number of stairs leading down to the house from street level, and the house is therefore not handicap accessible. We also have three friendly cats, and allergy pills if you find you need them, but we do not recommend this house for those with cat allergies. Since we live in the tropics and have a breezy open house, we often share our space with some creatures from the outside. Please do not be alarmed if you see the occasional ant, small roach, or spider. We work to keep these pests to a minimum and they are harmless.
We have coffee (with sugar and/or half and half) and tea available every morning, because one needs caffeine to begin the day. If you plan to eat breakfast at the house please plan to pick it up. Feel free to utilize the kitchen to prepare. (Ask us about breakfast/brunch options in Honolulu too; they are plentiful and excellent!)
The tap water on Oahu is among the best in the world! Our fridge has a filter and makes ice and dispenses cool water. However, some water bottles don't fit under the dispenser. Just do what we do and fill your water bottles from the tap in the kitchen. It'll be better (and cheaper!) than buying bottled water.
Basic rules of courtesy and common sense apply, as do "kindergarten rules:" If you wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to someone else (or in their house); if you spill it, clean it up; if its not yours, don't use it without permission; etc.
A couple other basic rules:
• Absolutely no smoking or vaping allowed on the property, inside or out.
• No illegal drugs will be tolerated.
• Please refrain from loud noises between 9:30 pm and 7:30 am.
• Please remove your shoes inside.
• Please try to keep the cats inside. They will try to convince you otherwise. But, they'll come back so don't worry overly much if they escape.
• Respect your hosts' privacy and do not go into the office or master bedroom.
• While there is a home office, we are not an office center. If you do need to print something urgently, please ask and you'll most likely be accommodated. But, be prepared when you travel and have your important papers with you if needed.
• No overnight guests will be allowed unless part of the initial booking.
• No parties. You may have a friend or two over to hang out, but please keep it within reason.
• Please DO NOT FLUSH feminine hygiene products (napkins and tampons). The plumbing system in the neighborhood is old and these can clog the pipes, necessitating costly repairs.
• Please help yourself to the toiletries, sunscreens, etc. provided in your room. Please do not use the hosts' products in the shower (with the exception of bar soap).
• Please do not take your bath towels to the beach. There are beach towels in the closet of your room for you to take to the beach.
• While we encourage our guests to utilize the kitchen and/or grill, we ask that they be considerate and shop for their own food and charcoal. Spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc. are available for your use. (Since we love to cook, you'll find all the basics you need to turn whatever you buy at the store into a gourmet meal.)
• When you use the kitchen whether for breakfast for for other meals, clean up after yourself. Do not leave dishes in the sink or on the counter; wash them and put them in the drying rack, or rinse them and put them in the dishwasher. Pots and pans, knives, and wooden cutting boards and utensils do not go in the dish washer.
Ovaj domaćin ima 15 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I live with my husband in a house that we adore. We love to cook and entertain, read, watch the occasional show on Netflix, hike and swim, and we strive to find a work/life balance in Hawaii. I work in theatre, and often work from home in the daytimes and am in rehearsals in the evenings. Louie is a project manager for a construction company so starts work early.
I'm from Hawaii, and was born and raised in East Honolulu. College brought me to the Mainland and colder climes (Minnesota!), but Hawaii called me home and I love living here. I've traveled to a few places, but none lately. I loved London, Firenze, and Volcano on the Big Island (the island of Hawaii) is one of my favorite places in the world.
We look forward to meeting new people and helping them discover the Oahu beyond Waikiki.