Quiet Beauty & Big Skies at El Rito Lodge
Nestled between El Rito Creek and the Kit Carson National Forest, this 3000 sq ft country retreat is close to Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, and Ojo Caliente, and has a working observatory on 6+ wild acres.
Tranquil. Spiritual. Secluded. Wild. Just 1 hour to Santa Fe and Taos and 20 min to Chimayo and Ghost Ranch. El Rito Lodge is a peaceful retreat from the noise and stress of everyday life. You can get away from it all without being too far away - we've got wifi, cable and reliable phone service. Sit by the clear mountain streams burbling in the front yard, walk among the Pinon, juniper and sagebrush, let the bright blue skies, and starry nights soothe your overloaded senses.
Guests have use of the entire house and observatory. The grounds are free for wandering. Nature runs free here - deer, raccoons, bunnies and the occasional black bear stop by to nibble on the many edible plants in our backyard. There's cholla, prickly pear, yucca, and piñon. The creek that runs along the front yard provides a haven for the local wildlife.
The roll-off roof observatory is available for guest use. There is a pier-mounted Celestron CGEM 1100 with
- a Canon-camera mount,
- a Telrad,
- a finder scope
- a fcusb from shoestring astronomy
- a motofocus,
- a Celestron off-axis guider with various adapters
- an SBIG st-i as an autoguider
- a selection of 2 inch eye pieces (40, 32, 26 and 18mm) and filters (including variable-polarizing and narrowband o-iii filters.)
It is powered by a small solar array with DC and AC outputs (12-volt). There is also an 8" collapsible Dobsonian.
We measured the SQM on 19 May 2017 at 10 pm at 21.75.
For more information on our location, we are at 170 NM-110, El Rito, New Mexico 87530.
The right-of-way to the house has a sharp turn, that limits trailers to 20' in length.
Interakcija s gostima
We offer the entire house for rent, so we won't be in the immediate area during your stay, but we will be there to greet guests and show them the ropes. Phone numbers/contact info are given upon check-in.
We only charge for guests aged 13 and over. Those under 13 stay for free.
- Smoking isn't allowed inside the house, but it's ok outside.
- Please be respectful of our home and possessions. No parties.
- Please use electricity, propane and septic lightly and safely, turning off lights, burners, etc.
- Please make sure the Fireplace Flue is open before using.
- Please clean up after your dog.