Apartment Jana is our new 2 bedroom ground floor garden apartment located in Senec, Slovakia, Its about 20km East of Bratislava (25 minutes drive/bus/train from Bratislava and 58 minute drive from Vienna airport).
100m from Senec lake for swimming, boats & nightlife. Train to Bratislava is a 3 minute walk away (they run hourly) & Senec town 10 minutes walk (many coffeeshops/resturants/bars). What could be better than going for a cool swim after a hot days sightseeing in Bratislava ?
A great base to see both Bratislava and also see how Slovaks live. Senec Lakes is a popular holiday resort. Many Slovaks, Czechs and Polish come here for their holidays due to the great weather, great lake and good prices.
Apartment has underfloor heating and air-conditioning (in the main living area), also remote controlled exterior metal blinds.
There are no gas appliances hence no Carbon Monoxide detector.
The apartment is yours - the garden is secluded with a lake view (if you stand up!). Garden area is 6m x 5m landscaped (child friendly & completely enclosed) with outdoor dining tables/chairs and some kids water toys. Paddling pool and big umberella available if you let me know before you arrive.
Interakcija s gostima
I live 300m or 2km away (depending if its winter or summer) so am happy to meetup and let you know whats going on or sort out any problems quickly. If you have kids then my twin 10 year old Daughters can teach your kids some Slovak or how to do a walkover (apparently its when you do a handstand and then fall over the top).
Note that in the summer months some of the nearby bars have live music, for sure you will be able to hear this from the garden but
1) Its usually quite good music
2) It makes you feel like you are on holiday (well I feel like I am all summer)
3) The apartment has double glazed windows and remote controlled metal blinds.
There is a tennis court over the wall at the back of the garden so beware of tennis balls appearing in the garden, also they use floodlights in the summer months so use of the shutters will keep out the light (tennis court shuts at 10pm some nights). I have discovered the sound of tennis is quite relaxing!
- Please consider our neighbours with respect to noise
- 1 parking space is allocated right in front of the flat, additional parking is available
- Some noise should be expected in the summer months as this is a popular holiday location (i.e bars by the lake, floodlit tennis court nearby)
- Paddling pool can be arranged in the garden along with other kids water games
- In the summer we provide 4 passes to enter the lake area for the duration of your stay (usual price €3 PP per day) and for 1 car to access/park.
Originally from London I moved to Slovakia with my Slovak wife and twin girls in 2007, I haven't looked back since. Long hot summers and cold winters with snow and skating just like it should be. We are close to Vienna & Budapest so quite often goto another country for lunch ! Our Summers revolve around the lake with lots of swimming, skating & biking. We bought the apartment in 2017 for my friends/family to stay when visiting us. Have a look on my home page website for things todo in the area.