Dralda House is modern place,with 69 en-suite bedrooms ,shared kitchen ,common area ,pool room game ,bike racks ,laundry room, WiFi
open space as a garden ,very close to the university .town shop center,bills included,2 min walk to train station.
The house Rules will be signed once the guest checked in as followed
The House Rules are for the safety and comfort of all residents and exist to ensure that everyone enjoys living in the residences and no one is disturbed as a result of residents’ actions or inactions.
Failure to comply with the House Rules given to you and displayed at the entrance of the building will be treated as non-compliance of the Shorthold Tenancy Agreement and it will lead to cancellation of the Short Hold Tenancy Agreement entered by you and the Landlord, Dow Properties Limited with immediate effect and you will be required to vacate theroom and leave the building with all your belongings immediately
Also failure to comply with the House Rules will make the Agreement null and void and it will lead to forfeiture of your deposit money.
1. No drinking of alcohol and beverages are allowed in the halls staircase, landings or inthe corridors or outside the rooms of individual residents of the building known as Dralda House.
2. Food, can be consumed only in the kitchens or in their own room.
Storage. Residents are to ensure that their belongings are stored in their own area and the accommodation is not cluttered with their items that would prevent staff from carrying out their normal duties.
3. Please be considerate to others in the building and keep the cooker and equipment clean and tidy after use so that the next users can find it immediately usable of these items for a friendly atmosphere and environment.
and failure to keep the premises clean may lead to extra cleaning charges
Management retains the right to remove the items if the residents didn’t clean and store them in kitchen cupboards provided after 24 hours’ notice.
4. Persons found to be smoking any substance or in possession of any non-prescribed drug will be reported to the Police without giving any warning and are liable to forfeit the use of their pass and excluded from Dralda House without notice.
CCTV records will be used to monitor this and these will be handed over to the Police for appropriate action against the responsible person.
5. No smoking is allowed in any part of the building known as Dralda House, its lounge in the under-croft or in the pool room or in the laundry room.
6. Visitors must sign in in the Visitor's Log Book at the reception of the building.
Non-compliance with the rules by residents, guests or visitors will usually result in a warning, fine, notice to quit or a combination of these. A fine may be imposed upon a resident or a non-resident student and such fine may relate to his/her own actions or to those of his/her guest or visitor for which he/she is deemed to be responsible. Where the actions giving rise to the fine have been those of unidentified individual(s) from an identifiable group the fine shall be divided equally between every member of that group plus an administrative charge of £10 per person (normally £20 for an individual
7. On the Date of registration each occupier is issued with his/her unique access to enter the common parts of the building and his/her designated accommodation room. He/she must keep this entry pass safe and with him at all times.
8. If the access card is lost or stolen then a replacement card can be issued on payment of £50 on each occasion.
9. No visitors are allowed to stay in the building except in emergency or illness of a resident after 10 pm on any day without having a prior written permission from Dow Properties Limited or its agents.
10. Bikes can only be stored at the risks of the owner in the cycle racks provided
11. CCTV cameras have been provided throughout the common parts of Dralda House internally and externally for the security of the residents. These CCTV cameras records will be used to apprehend any miscreants and these will be handed over to the police as and when necessary.
12. No tampering or taping over of any the CCTV cameras will be tolerated under any circumstances. Anybody found to be doing so will be liable instant
reporting to the police and will be treated as action which can lead to necessary action and expulsion from the building.
The Fire Safety Rules:
i) Cooking, in any form, is not permitted in bedrooms.
ii) You must respond to fire alarms by vacating the building. Failure to vacate when an alarm sounds may result in disciplinary action. Do not re-enter the building until you are informed it is safe to do so.
iii) Keep all fire doors closed. Fire doors must not be propped open.
iv) Do not interfere with any fire safety equipment.
v) Ordinary saucepans must not be used to deep-fry food
vi) Food cooking must be attended at all times. Oven cooked food must be checked regularly.
vii) Emergency exits are to be used only in an emergency.
viii) Fire exits must not be blocked.
ix) Furniture and appliances (heaters, cookers and fridges etc.) must not be brought into residences without the express permission of the house manager. Permission will not normally be granted for upholstered furniture unless a certificate of fire ret ardency is produced.
x) Management staff retains the right to remove items that could be potentially dangerous (e.g. candles, heaters and unsafe cooking equipment.
xi) You must attend the pre-arranged fire talks following your arrival.
Fire Alarms – 97% of fire alarm activations are accidental; you will be charged if you accidentally activate the alarm. Reasonable care is required of all Residents and their visitors to ensure that the alarms are not activated unnecessarily
13.Noise - Residents are not to make an unreasonable noise at any time and in particular between the hours of 20.00 pm to 8.00 am, no noise that would disturb other residents should be audible outside the room in which the noise is being made. Consideration must be exercised in the use of audio equipment and the use of headphones should be considered.
14. Bedrooms to be cleaned on weekly basis (Manager’s or Staff management inspection)
15. Collecting your post it is your responsibility
16. Any Building Damage caused by residents living the window’s room open or any kind of misusing the facilities in the property, deposit will be held and also extra charges it may consider if the repair of the damage coast more.
The parties are allowed by requesting a permission from Dralda House Management.