Traditionally maintained 150-year old house in Lefkes, Paros, with kitchen, bathroom, and two separate bedrooms. Altogether a small but incredibly picturesque and unique house, in a unique village.
1. The house is quite small. It has two separate bedrooms with a double bed in each one. The bottom bedroom connects internally with the kitchen and the bathroom (which is behind the kitchen).
2. The kitchen is very small, tiny, and with short height. The height is probably 175cm. It has a refrigerator, a coffee machine, a double burner, the oven part in the picture does not work. The dimensions of the kitchen floor-footprint are probably 250cmX160cm.
3. The bathroom is normal height and normal size with hot water shower, sink and toilet.
4. The bedrooms are one on top of the other, each one approximately 300cmX550cm.
5. There is no external garden etc, as this is inside a very old traditional village, with no or minimal gardens. Most houses in the village are connected to other houses on two of their sides. This one is connected to the other house through the back bathroom wall. If you are looking for comfort this is NOT a house for you. This is a house for Beauty-romance, etc. The top room is the most beautiful. It has it's own entrance. In order to access the bathroom from it you must exit the room/house and go down 5 stairs and re-enter the kitchen to access the bathroom. The kitchen door does not need to be locked through the night as the village is very peaceful but if you feel the need to lock or have a nighttime bathroom issue we suggest you utilize the downstairs bedroom that is connected internally to the kitchen and bathroom.
Guests have access to all the things that the village of Lefkes has to offer as the house is located right inside the village. The village boasts one of the best views of Greece and has small gift shops, a bakery, several churches, several restaurants, a town square, a mini market, a playground, and a Byzantine road to hike.
Interakcija s gostima
If we are there in summer during our stay we like to pick up our guests at the port of Paros to take them to get their transportation and to show them to the house, etc. If we are in Athens we will meet our guests at the airport to give them the keys and maps to the house, etc.
1. Paros is one of the "largest" Greek islands not in size, but in the sense that it has many beaches to discover and many little villages to see and have dinner there or something. Visitors find it to be an island where you can do everything (from dinners to kite surfing) and spend quite a few days there, (unlike for example in Santorini where there are only 2-3 things to do and see, and you are done within a week and then you get bored and you want to go somewhere else).
2. In addition to that, it is in the actual center of the Cyclades and serves as a very good station point to go explore the surrounding islands, Mykonos, Santorini, etc.
3. Lefkes is the original "capital" of the island, in Pirate era days ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)s) where the capital of every island was in the center and far from attacks, and not in the ports like today. It has a lot of traditional old houses and has kept its historical and architectural identity pristine. Lefkes is unique. Also because of its location, you get amazing summer sleep in Lefkes, with very clean cool air at nights.
4. There are mosquitoes in the islands. The top room has a mosquito net, but we highly suggest you use a mosquito cream during your stay for your comfort.
I expect our guests to treat the house with love and care. It is 150 years old and we are trying to maintain it's historical identity. As we do not charge a cleaning fee, we expect our guests to leave the house (except for laundering linens) as they found it. Also, we would like guests to water plants during their stay if in fact there are plants in the pots at the time.