The "cottage" is an apartment located in the heart of Prospect Heights and Crown Heights where you can find bustling shops and residences on the tree-lined streets of Brooklyn.
This spacious one-bedroom is perfect for 1-2 guests with lots of character. It's a railroad style apartment with bright sun light from both directions. Wake up to a dose of morning sunshine facing east and read a book in afternoon sunshine or watch the sunset in the living room.
A large, beautiful apartment along the tree-lined streets of Brooklyn. Everything in my apt is in good condition--I have a mix of contemporary and vintage furniture that I collect in and around Brooklyn. The apt is spacious and clean. You will get plenty of sunlight and adequate heating. There is a bedroom, bathroom with bathtub, a large kitchen, dining area, desk/study area, and living room.
The bed is a memory foam Keetsa mattress. I have dual waterfall and hand-held shower heads. I have a cozy desk area. The entertainment system is a 60sq. ft projector and Roku box with access to Netflix, HBO GO, and access to many mainstream cable networks. The sound system is Kardon Sound Sticks. I also have high-speed wifi throughout the entire apt. I will supply blankets, cozy warm slippers, and a selection of coffee and tea.
This is my escape from the city and I hope you will cherish it too.
Available access to the living room, bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.
Wifi everywhere. We have a dual door entry. There is a key to go inside of the building and a second key to go inside the apt unit.
Interakcija s gostima
I may be out and about the area. I am always reachable by Airbnb message app, texts, and by phone.
Apartment is on the third floor. Since the building is a classic Dutch-style, it doesn't have an elevator and you will have to carry your suitcase up two flights of stairs.
We have cleaning services that come to the cottage while we are away. We have Nest security cameras in the living room, kitchen, and common areas so we know when they are in the cottage. We give guests the option of turning off the cameras when they arrive to ensure complete privacy.
For stays of more than 3 weeks, I'd like to schedule a cleaning service every 3rd week. Each cleaning service fee is about $100 and will need to add this to your reservation. The original cleaning fee listed is one-time only and for when guests check-out.
Brooklyn is quickly gentrifying yet we still have the richness and the authenticity of the neighborhood, and that is what makes it New York City.
We are happy to be in touch and thank you for your inquiry!
- To better accommodate you, please let us know your plans are in NYC - pleasure or business.
- We give preference to guests who have positive reviews on Airbnb.
- For stays of more than 2 weeks, we offer a professional cleaning and linen turnover to ensure your stay is happy and comfortable. We will request an additional cleaning fee ($115) on top of your reservation if you are approved.
- Please help us upkeep the home, such as keeping the things tidy, clean up any messes, spills, and dishes.
- Please remove your shoes when you enter the cottage.
- No partying, loud music, smoking, or bringing home unauthorized guests.
- Strictly NO drug-free zone, no syringes, pipes, or drug paraphernalia allowed.
- Excessive use of electricity (such as operating two AC units at once or long stretches of time) will likely blow the power fuse and drive up electricity costs. Host reserves the right to add extra charges if there is an above normal increase in the electricity bill.
- All guests need to check in with me before they are to stay.
- We respect our neighbors. Quiet time after 11 pm.
I love to travel and explore a variety of cultures. I've lived and worked in Tokyo where I taught English, and have studied French in Paris. One of my most memorable travel experiences have been in Iceland and Cambodia. I'm scheduling an upcoming trip to Paris, Brussels, and Berlin. I currently am living in Brooklyn where I make jewelry.