Volcano is an 1850s former coach house, open plan, yet cozy; quirky and unique: a welcoming home from home where you can relax and unwind.
Ideally placed for the C2C, Scafell ascent route at Wasdale Head and with Lewis Carroll having found inspiration for Alice's Wonderland here - it's a special corner of the world.
Literary & WWII history, world renowned walks, pubs, tea rooms, miniature steam railway, and the kindness of strangers: visiting the Western Lakes is like stepping back in time.
(Please click on '+ More' below to read all of the House Rules)
* Our neighbours are our friends, and the community is a small one. It would be great if you could be a part of it by respecting the neighbours, their animals, and wild animals and livestock including the cows, sheep and otters... :-) This includes keeping dogs on leads in the courtyard, not allowing them to be aggressive to the neighbouring dogs, and obeying the countryside code when in a field with livestock.
* Observe quiet time between 10pm - 8am out of respect for the neighbours.
* Whilst you may enjoy cuddles (with the animals not the neighbours!), please do not feed or invite them into the cottage; as it confuses them, and future guests!
* We don't smoke, and would be grateful if you didn't either, inside, or anywhere near the cottage or our neighbours' homes (please be careful when disposing of butts too, in terms of fire risk and litter etc.).
* No overnight Guests other than those mentioned at the time of booking, and no parties.
* No shoes on the stairs (which are painted), upstairs (which is carpeted), or on the furniture.
* Don’t use the sofas as beds; or put the sofa cushions on the floor.
* Don't rearrange or move any of the beds or furniture.
* Put all rubbish in bins; and recycling either rinsed and in the boxes in the Piggery, or rinsed near the kitchen bin.
* Do your washing up before you leave.
* Don't put anything overly hot (like pans), or overly wet (like dishes to drain), or cut, directly onto the wooden kitchen worktops.
* Don't put any used coffee grounds down the sinks; but rather in the main garbage bin.
* Only ever put toilet paper in the toilet, as Volcano has a septic tank.
* Ensure the shower curtain is inside the bath before using the shower; otherwise it risks leaking through to the kitchen ceiling.
* Turn off all freestanding heaters, the immersion heater (for the hot water) and towel radiator before you check out of the cottage.
* Ensure the door is not on the latch, and is firmly closed behind you whenever you leave the cottage.
* If you have an accident or anything breaks whilst you’re visiting, please just let us know; it makes it much easier for us to manage in a remote location with pre warning.
DOG SPECIFIC HOUSE RULES
* No dogs on the stairs (which are painted), upstairs (which is carpeted), or on the furniture.
* If you are travelling with dogs we ask that they never be left unattended in the cottage or in the garden or courtyard unless in a travelling crate; and that you pick up after them ;-)
We've put together a 'Before You Leave...' memory jogger note at the end of the Welcome Pack which will be on the kitchen table for you, and there's a copy of the House Rules in there too to assist with remembering these elements: they really do make it possible for us to share our home :-)
PRIOR TO BOOKING
* When submitting a 'Booking Enquiry' or 'Request' please:
- Use the phrase "We love off-grid (and so does our dog - if appropriate!) !" so that we know you are happy with all the quirky elements of the cottage, and are happy to agree to the house rules and pet fee.
- It would also help if you could confirm the configuration of your group/how many beds you'd like made up for you to use. We can tell you more about the different layouts when you enquire.
- Please also let us know the names (and ages for the little ones) of all Guests (plus any animals)...
- Along with what brings you to the Lakes, when booking as we do a welcome note and it's nice to personalise it and include everyone on it.
This helps us know that you'll love the cottage, and makes the process of confirming your reservation much quicker :-)
* We charge a £60-£100 supplement (depending on the time of year) for one night mid-week bookings; on the rare occasions a one night booking on a weekend might be possible we charge £120 one night supplement for these.
* We charge a one off fee of £50 for up to two dogs.
Ovaj domaćin ima 23 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
We're a couple who love the concept of staying with and sharing our home with others: be it friends, family, Guests or house exchangers.
Having found and renovated our dream home in the Lake District; life currently has other plans for us that involve not being there as much as we'd like.
However, this gives us a wonderful opportunity to meet new people through Airbnb, and share our beautiful corner of the Lakes with people from all over the world.
We've worked hard to create a home that we adore coming back to, and which enables us to go forth and get to know the rest of the world we haven't met yet!
Apologies for any delay in our messages: it will likely be that we are in a different time zone to you :-)