We set up a lovely hostel, eco-farm and nature reserve. Relax in one of our swimming pools while having stunning views over endless virgin forests. Truly, you will feel completely disconnected. Discover a land of cacao, coffee and gorgeous waterfalls. Or chill out with a cold beer in one of our hammock areas and listen to the sound of the river.
We set up a lovely hostel, eco-farm and nature reserve in Paso del Mango, which is a lush tropical valley in the Minca area. Read directions carefully before traveling.
What do we offer?
- The guesthouse is located right within our farm and nature reserve. You will be surrounded by mountains, rivers and forests on every side.
- Two swimming pools with large terraces. The new one (September 2017) offers a spectacular view over the surrounding mountains and jungle.
- Located alongside a crystalline river with private entrances, dozens of swimming holes and impressive waterfalls nearby (some are over 40 meters high).
- We are committed to social and environmental goals. For example, we plant a tree for every new guest. Also, all our staff lives in the village nearby and we work as much as possible with locally manufactured ingredients, often from our own farm.
- This room comes with natural rooftop materials so you have a good rest at all times.
- All beds have first quality mattresses.
- A lounge with comfortable seats, and three kogi-styled huts with lots of hammocks to relax.
- Unique restaurant with food a la carte. Daily you can choose between meat, fish, pasta and lots of vegetarian dishes. Our breakfast comes with homemade bread.Try our Colombian styled goat stew or duck, straight from our farm.
- Basic guest kitchen – no shops here, so buy your groceries in Santa Marta
- Unique excursions within short walking distance to coffee and cacao farms, lost cities, nature reserves, private 360° viewpoints, waterfalls and birding places.
- Important: you will be on a Colombian finca. There is loooots of space and nature on all sides. You will find a peaceful, relaxing and comfortable environment that is hard to find elsewhere.
You will have access to all the facilities, including two swimming pools, riverside, kitchen, wifi and all the open-air terraces and gardens.
Interakcija s gostima
We do not bother our guests to much but are always on site, we live only hundred meters away, so yes we are available when needed. There is also a receptionist and kitchen staff on site.
Ovaj domaćin ima 18 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
We are Kobe and Nele, two young Belgians, who bought the spot of Carpe Diem in 2011 from another Belgian couple. We decided to do the big trip because we felt in love with the natural beauty of Paso del Mango and Carpe Diem more specifically. Nature unbounded. Since then, we have put all our energy and soul in Carpe Diem and as such the place became what it is today.
In the beginning years of our stay in Colombia, Kobe wrote his doctoral research on conflicts and co-management in Colombia’s national parks, which is, by the way, the main reason why all Carpe Diem’s rooms are called after Colombian protected areas. In this context, both Nele and Kobe travelled a lot to all the outskirts of Colombia and are impressed by its natural and cultural diversity.
Nele started this adventure basically without really knowing Carpe Diem and practically jumped in the unknown…however she easily felt in love with all the natural wonders of this region. Nele also enjoys dancing and hanging out with friends and family, something she very much misses living here. Being here, Nele wrote her Masters these on teenager pregnancies in Colombia. A lot to write about it, as some 20% of all teenagers in Colombia are or have been pregnant.
Kobe enjoys working on the farm – planting trees, weeding, picking fruits, etc. with all the ups and downs that are well-known for small-scale farmers in less developed regions.
In 2013 Nele gave birth to Boris in the hospital of Santa Marta. Roxanne was born two years later, at home in Carpe Diem – a lifetime experience!.