Situated north of Duluth on Stoney Point Drive, my home sits on Lake Superior nestled within 5.5 acres of woods. This is a perfect place to stay if you seek solitude, an easy walk to the lake, being in nature and quick access to local attractions.
Your Forest Room, as I call it, is in a wing of the cabin and is accessed through a separate exterior entrance. You can enjoy one of three decks, the upper deck being my personal favorite, as it has a nice view of the surrounding forest and Lake Superior. The room has a double bed, and a full size single bed that serves as a couch/seating area, yet is ready to go as a bed. The room is large and comfortably accommodates 3 if you share the double bed. I do have a blow dryer and wide paddle hair straightener available. The only bathroom in my place is shared, yet when I have guests, I only use it when they are away or asleep. It will be as if it is your bathroom.
Though I share the space, you will have full access to the decks, kitchen (please provide your own food and clean up after yourself), refrigerator, bathroom, laundry (please provide your own detergent), living room, and dining room. I will provide you with coffee and tea in the morning. I have satellite internet, so the WiFi and cell service can be sketchy due to the remote nature of where I live.
Interakcija s gostima
I am available if you have any questions and will give you as much privacy as possible. I am often in my studio working or working away from home during the day.
I am located 20 miles north of downtown Duluth, 2 minutes from Knife River, and 10 minutes from Two Harbors. You can take walks right from my home to Lake Superior, where there are several shore access points. Due to my location, it is not uncommon to see deer, fox, black bear, coyote and an assortment of birds (song birds, Ravens, Bald Eagles, Loons, etc.). If the lake is stormy, you will hear the sound of the surge on the shore, reminiscent of being on the ocean. Flowers continually seem to bloom all summer long, so each day offers a new surprise. Winters are equally as magical as the summer as Lake Superior is beyond beautiful.
My home is in a secluded, natural and peaceful environment. I offer it as a respite, a sanctuary from your normal and potentially busy life. The area is quiet, romantic and peaceful. As such please follow these rules while staying with me:
1) this is not a party house. It is a place of peace. I foster fun and joy, not drunken frivolity.
2) I do have a cat that stays inside, so please do not let her out.
3) I don't allow other pets.
4) I don't allow smoking in my home or within 60 feet of the house exterior (please pick up any cigarette butts and matches).
5) There is one lower kitchen cabinet labeled "For Host Use Only", which I ask you to respect.
6) I welcome well mannered children of all ages.
7) The driveway is VERY dark at night, so if you have trouble navigating the drive at night, I ask that you park in the lower parking area and not by the house, especially in the winter. A few guests have gotten stuck from not paying attention while backing down my drive, which causes damage to my property and creates an inconvenience for all involved.
I am an artist who moved to the Duluth area at the end of 2014 after living in Colorado for over 42 years. I am thrilled to live in an area where I am surrounded by my inspiration: NATURE. I love extreme weather and the unpredictability of Lake Superior, and enjoy living near such a wonderful city like Duluth. My amazing daughter is out of college and continuing on her life's journey, and I share my home with my beloved cat, Tawny. I love people and anyone who celebrates the natural world as I do.