An exclusively a self catering and self service suite: modern, open-plan space that sleeps two. Within walking distance of Kingwood College and a short 1,6km drive or 10 to 15 min walk from town. Secure parking. Strictly no smoking.
Our suite can comfortably accommodate two people with space to move around, cook and work at our little table. We have plenty of wardrobe space and a dresser with extra drawers to un pack your belongings and feel right at home. We have a generator to keep lights on during load shedding as well as a two plate gas hob for cooking and gas heater and electric blankets for those colder Grahamstown nights. We also have a water tank, in case of municipal water issues, we will not be affected.
The suite is a stand alone unit within our property so you'll have privacy.
Interakcija s gostima
We will generally be available to assist with any information, directions or suggestions we can.
* We have a water tank, a generator, a two plate gas hob and lovely warm gas heater so are safe from load shedding and any water issue that may arise during your stay!
* Please note that this is a self catering and self service unit. We will service it at the end of your stay only unless you specifically request that you would like your room to be tidied up, beds to be made and towels to be tumble dried.
• Please park in the allocated parking.
• There is only space for one vehicle within our gates, please ensure you visitors park outside the property.
The main gate
• Please drive carefully in and out of this yard as there are dogs and children you need to be aware of.
• Please do not drive away until the gate is fully closed behind you upon entrance and exit of the property.
• We do have a generator during load shedding.
• The generator has to be manually switched on by a member of our household.
• The generator will run at the convenience of the main homestead.
• You may NOT try and switch the generator on or off yourself, this is a safety and liability precaution.
• We have a gas hob for cooking and we have provided a candle in the dressing table drawer.
• The geyser will not be operational during load shedding, however the water should remain hot for a fair time.
• We have laundry facilities: top loading washing machine, tumble dryer and washing line. You may borrow our pegs to hang up your laundry, these are found in the kitchen cupboard under the sink in the guest suite.
• Use of our facilities is at your own risk. We will not be held liable for any damages that occur to your clothing through use of our machines or municipal water.
• You may wash or dry ONLY clothes or towels in our washing machine or tumble dryer.
• As a liability precaution we ask you not to wash The Robin's Nest bed linen or towels, we will handle the washing and changing of these, in the event of preventing a stain on any of our linen we ask that you notify us ASAP of this so we may change your linen and tend to the problem soonest.
• Damage to our property or machines will be billed to you.
• The laundry room is open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, and on weekends if we are home to unlock the facilities for you.
• If there is washing taking place please wait your turn; you're welcome to indicate to our domestic worker to let you know when she will be finished using the facilities and she will do so.
• Self service: R70 per load, payable in cash at the time of use, please provide your own washing detergent and fabric softener.
• Full laundry and ironing service: R150 per load, payable in cash at the time of service, we will wash your items (or hand wash specified items), hang them up to air dry and iron them for you – the turn around time for this will be 1 to 2 days depending on the weather.
• Please ask for use of ironing board and iron as guests at The Robin's Nest borrow these from the main residence.
• During rainy season please try to ensure you wipe mud off your shoes outside of the guest suite on the mat provided.
• The curtains can be moved into the centre of the room to ensure your baggage can be moved past them without hooking onto them.
• Please try to keep your vehicle as close to the boundary wall as possible as other vehicles need access to the driveway during the day and sometimes at night.
• Please note that we are a child and animal friendly environment and children’s noises are a natural conditions of this.
• Our dog is very friendly, but she is not allowed into the guest suite as she will jump on the beds and make herself at home, we do not allow this at all, please do not encourage this.
• As this is a private residence, with small children, please ensure you let us know when you have a visitor(s) so we are aware who is in and around our property at all times. Our guests who allow unregistered guests to spend the night will be billed in full for an additional person(s).
• Please keep things inside and ourside of the guest suite neat and tidy as you'd expect to find it.
• Check out by 11am on the last day of your stay to ensure we have enough time to clean the room for the next guests.
• Please hand in keys at the main house.
• Please ensure that all The Robin’s Nest items are left in the room when you leave.
Comments and comforts
• We welcome any ideas, tips or comments with regards to making future stays more comfortable.
Our house rules are also available in your guest suite along with extra information about local attractions, galleries etc that our guests might find interesting.