A place that immediately instills a sense of ancient magic, deriving from millennia of historical events. The main structure is born from an Etruscan watchtower dated 600 a.c.
Surrounded by a lush garden, transformed into an oasis of peace and relax
The Villa is located in Chusi, Tuscany, in the province of Siena.
The central body of the villa is constituted of an Etruscan tower built in 600 B.C. to defend the village of Chiusi, which was the capital of Etruria at the time.
A commemorative stone from 300 B.C. reports the name of the Roman warlord who conquered Chiusi. Two thousand years later, at the end of 1500, the Grand Duchy of Tuscany gave the tower a status of military outpost, and for this reason it was raised up of another 6 meters. Only in 1600 its military purpose was set aside, and the property became a rural house named Podere Poggialto.
During the following years, two symmetrical bodies were built around the tower, along with smaller structures attached to it, among which an oven of remarkable size which is still perfectly functioning even nowadays.
Today, this old stronghold has turned into an astonishing holiday property, surrounded by 13000 m2 of fenced-in and well-attended garden, counting more than 20 trees more than a century-old, fields and woods. It is a place full of peace, history and beauty, located right in the center of Italy’s artistic heritage.
Rome and Florence are at the same distance (125 km), and the villa is situated 5 km from A1 (AutoSole) motorway exit of ‘Chiusi (URL HIDDEN) the ground floor of the villa there is a main entrance, a living room with a fireplace and three entrances from the outside area, a big kitchen with fireplace, a dining room with a dedicated entrance from the outside area, a bathroom with dressing room and a laundry-ironing space. The boiler room and two under-stair storage units can be accessed from the outside.
At the first floor there is a living room/studio with balcony and external staircase, four master bedrooms, one of which with balcony and external staircase, a single bedroom, three bathrooms, a cloakroom (which can also serve as another single bedroom).
At the second floor, there are two additional master bedrooms and two bathrooms. Air conditioning is present in every room, and the house features a heating system (radiators), a gas-operated boiler of 400 liters, and a drinkable water storage unit of 5000 liters.
The total area of the villa is 360 square meters. The outside area, the villa park, features a covered dining area attached to the villa, a swimming pool of 9x19 meters equipped with diving board and children’s pool, a covered parking area for four vehicles and an additional open-air space for another four cars, a children’s playhouse of 4 m2.
There are black locust and acacia trees towards the north, a vegetable garden of 250 m2 towards the south, an artesian well, a big greenhouse – recreation room, a studio of 25 m2, an oven and another three structures adding up to a total of 126 m2. All around there are oaks and olive trees, wild brooms, the Chiana Valley, the Rocca of Montepulciano, the bell tower of Chiusi, and the old Chianciano.
The feeling of domain is clearly perceptible from each one of the 360 degrees of the panorama.
Only one rule : relax and enjoy it!