4 spavaće sobe
Your stay will have 10-15 mile long mountain views, minutes from town, the river, golf, hiking and more! People love the PingPong table and hammock over looking the long views. Large and long front deck has 8 rocking chairs so everyone gets comfy! Enjoy the grill and dinner on the large back deck!
Take a relaxing and scenic walk or bike ride thru the neighborhood and be refreshed by the clean cool mountain air! Golf... within minutes. (rocking chairs in garage during windy winter months).
Bring your family, meet some friends and enjoy the beautiful mountains of North Carolina! Virginia and Tennessee are very close too!
Full kitchen, appliances, dish washer, and three types of coffee makers for every taste you like, Perk, Drip, or bring your favorite K-cup, grounds or whole beans, the grinder is ready for you!
We are nestled just below the high winds line of the mountain so even when the wind is about to blow everyone off the summit, we have almost calm relaxing times rocking on the porch. Keep this in mind when considering where you will book, especially if you enjoy being outside where you stay. The winds on the summit get very strong and it is not comfortable to be outside. We love to be outside and sit on the porches and enjoy the view and clean air!!
Plenty of space for entertaining, relaxing, enjoying games or ping-pong table, bring your own bike and tour all around the area and in the winter sled right down the driveway! Bring a book and rock-a-way on one of the 8 chairs while overlooking the 10-15 mile view. Authors like staying during the quiet weekdays and enjoy the still mountain environment!
Please note: we have a TV and DVD player, but only receive 3 or 5 tv channels up here. We do have internet access for your plugin internet TV. We don't watch much TV and found that people like to be "almost" off the grid while staying with us.
2 - queen beds (1-main, 1-upper)
2 - single beds (2-upper)
1 - Bunkbed (Basement)
1 - 2 person hide-a-bed couch (1-main living room)
1 - 1 person hide-a-bed chair, makes another single bed (1-basement)
Bunkbeds and single hide-a-bed chair in the basement allow for the kids or late night owls to enjoy the quiet lower level!
Towels, Sheets and blankets - We provide you all you need for your visit. We leave the sheets at the end of the beds so you know they are clean.
Cooking- You will need to bring your own food. If you plan to cook a special meal, just let us know and we can confirm we have everything you need. Thanksgiving dinner -ready!
Please email us with any questions you may have or things you would like to see us add to make your stay better. We hope you consider our home in the top of your list and that someday you will be as happy as our previous guests. Thank you!
You will have full access to our home! We will depart and return only when you tell us. Many people like to extend their stay a day or two, that is fine. Check and book it via this AirBnB calendar and if it is available, we are just fine with you enjoying your time a little longer!
We offer flexible arrivals and departures, so please be flexible with us too. We are fine with an estimated time of departure but sometimes we ask for a specific departure time to help prepare for any people arriving after you, but we try to be flexible.
We ask that you text, email or call us when you arrive and again when you leave so we can notify our cleaning folks.
Interakcija s gostima
We are always available via phone and text to help you and if you'd like us to still be there upon your arrival or departure, see you then!
We would like you to interact with our guest book and write something that you enjoyed or a place you visited.
WARNING: PLEASE NOTE: you will be in the mountains and there are WILD ANIMALS and some dangerous critters in the mountains. You MUST keep an eye on your children. The mountains are not your typical walk in the park, there are cliffs, steep hills, falling rocks and other snakes and animals you must be alert and watching out for!
- We have had bear sightings in the area as of 2015, so be alert and keep your distance if you see any. We have deer in our yard almost every day!! Keep your distance and enjoy them! Do NOT feed the animals, only the birds if you desire.
- The River - use caution when playing in the New River, the rocks can be very slippery and the current can carry you away pretty quickly, always be in a group, NEVER play in the river alone.
- You will also want to consider the weather during the winter months and look at the historical weather before booking. It is extremely beautiful when it snows but be prepared and bring enough food. There are times when we have trouble getting our minivan up the snow covered roads to the house. Our streets are private and only people in the neighborhood graciously plow them when they have time, so 4-wheel or all wheel drive is recommended when there is snow. One evening we had to park at the bottom of the hill and hike in the half mile. It was fun memories but a hike!
- As any other city, the mountains have it's fair share of con-artist and other door to door salespeople, so be certain you are alert and aware of who is around and what they are doing. It is unlikely that anyone would ever come to the door, unless they are a neighbor, so find out who they are and what they want. And we NEVER give anyone permission to enter our house and we expect you to notify us if someone tries!
- We sometimes go days without anyone driving by the house so it is very peaceful and private here. Again we have great neighbors too!
Sorry NO smoking on the property. We have many people with allergies and thru most seasons the trees in our area are very dry with high fire warnings.
We expect peaceful enjoyment and respect to our neighbors and community. Have a great time, just don't be loud after about 9pm. Sound travels for a long way in the mountains and people at the bottom of the mountain will hear you. So enjoy but no loud parties late in the evening. Our neighbor on the police department won't be happy. :)
- We expect you to say hello to our neighbors, they are very nice people and are always open to a good conversation.
- We expect you to keep our house clean and to let us know of any issues. We want you to enjoy your stay and return year after year or month after month!
- Sorry, but due to several of the people that stay in our home, we DO NOT allow pets. We are pet lovers, but allergies have the upper hand and causes some serious issues for some people.
- See more house information for more detailed house rules and tips, once you book your stay.