We (a family of 5) stayed in this house for two weeks in the beginning of september.
The house is really beautiful, as shown on the pictures, but there have been a few issues during our stay.
- before our arrival we could always contact the host, but after that we checked-in and received the key, it was really difficult to contact him, and he wouldn't call back, but only let ring our mobile phone once, so that we had to call him back.
- the street where the house is located, is really steeply and the parking house entrance also, so it's not very recommended for a wheelchair.
- there is only one key available, what makes it really difficult for a big group. so we asked on the first day the host for a second key, he told us that he would visit us the next day and bring us another key, it never happend...
- the house is promoted with "private pool and a barbecue area", there was no barbecue area, after asking the host about it, he told us he would organise a barbecue grill, it never happend...
- there are three showers inside the house, but it can only be used one at a time, because there is not enough pressure to use two showers at the same time. also when the washing machine or the dishwasher is running, none of the showers can be used as there is no water flowing upstairs.
- on a few windows the locks are not working well and they can't be closed properly.
- the pool was always dirty, there was a big bug inside it, also after they "cleaned" it. and a lot of floor tiles are broken, but they remained inside the pool after the "cleaning"
- the weekly cleaning was planned for saturday between 10AM and 11AM, but they arrived only around 2PM and after about 10 phonecalls to the host, who as mentioned, didn't picked up the phone.
- we forgot two beach towels inside the house and noticed it only after arriving home, we called the host to tell him about it and to give it to our relatives on madeira, he told us to call again next week...
As already mentioned, the house is really beautiful and has a great view.
If you walk, in 30min you're in the center of funchal, by car it takes about 10min.
I hope the host can solve this few issues for the next visitor.