Quiet, comfortable house, between two state parks, borders Standing Stone creek. Sleeps 8-9 & has a recently updated kitchen. A picnic pavilion, fire ring and horseshoe pits near the gently sloping trail to the creek give plenty of options for fun!
A quiet, comfortable country retreat, nestled between two state parks. Located near the Village of McAlevy’s Fort in Huntingdon County, next door to the McCann Studebaker Farm, the property borders Standing Stone creek, a great fishing spot, and is 15 miles from State College, about 4 miles from Greenwood Furnace State Park and Whipple Dam State Park. The Creek House sleeps 8-9 comfortably (7 adults, 2 children in upper bunk beds), has a recently updated kitchen, large living room, 2 bathrooms and covered back porch. A picnic pavilion, fire ring and horseshoe pits near the gently sloping trail to the creek give plenty of options for outdoor fun!
Whether you are coming to the area for a Penn State football weekend, gathering friends for a fishing trip or just hoping for a quiet spot to relax and enjoy, The Creek House will provide just what you are looking for!
We are also right next door to the McCann Studebaker Farm and 2 miles from the McCann School of Art Wedding venue so if you are planning a wedding or event there, The Creek House is a great spot for your guests to stay and be close to the action!
1) master with in-suite bathroom,
2) room with 1 twin bed and 1 set twin bunk beds
3) room with twin over full bunk bed
Bathrooms: 2 full
Beds: 1Q, 1 full with twin bunk over, 1 twin, 1 set of twin bunk beds, 1 full futon in living room
Kitchen: microwave, refrigerator/freezer, gas stove, coffee maker, toaster, blender,
Other: gas grill, firepit, firewood, pavilion with picnic table, horseshoe pit, fishing creek access, 40” flatscreen TV with DirecTV service, DSL Internet, wi-fi;
The entire main floor of the house is yours to use. We do keep the basement off limits.
Interakcija s gostima
We will be available to help if there are problems - just a phone call away!
Please note: we do not allow smoking in the house or on the porches and no pets are allowed; we do have a couple of honeybee hives - in an out of the way corner, away from the house - you probably will never know they are there and if it's the right time of year, we may be able to give you a small jar of our honey! But if someone in your group is severely allergic to bees, this may not be best choice for you.
Additional Terms and Conditions
1. HOLD HARMLESS: Tenant and Tenant’s authorized guests agree to hold harmless and indemnify and covenant not to sue Owner or Owner’s agents and representatives for any injuries inside or outside the cabin resulting to Tenant or Tenant’s authorized guests as a result of any outdoor activities and/or interaction with wildlife, including any injuries from fishing, hunting, or use of stairs, decks, or patio or any injuries resulting from tree or rock climbing, use of camp fires in approved fire ring or Tenant’s use of appliances including any use of propane or charcoal grills.
2. USE: The Tenant shall not allow the Property to be used for any business, professional or unlawful purposes. House trailers and recreational vehicles are not permitted on the Property. There shall be no alterations of the Property and no fixtures. The Tenant affirms that he/she is at least twenty six years of age and minors will not occupy the property unless an adult is present. Unreasonable noise or disturbance by the Tenant may result in immediate eviction.
3. There is no continued occupancy allowed for the guests after the end date of the booked reservation.