You won't find a better Flagstaff home! The Babbitt House was home to Arizona Governor & US Presidential Candidate Bruce Babbitt, who went on to become Secretary of the Interior. This 6 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home is in the heart of downtown, right where everything downtown Flagstaff has to offer - leave the car at home and walk everywhere! One of the best-known homes in Northern Arizona! If you have children, they should be supervised at all times due to lots of delicate items in the home.
* If you are traveling with 6 or more people, the Babbitt House will provide you with an incredible price/value combination compared to hotels in the area, and provide you with an experience of a lifetime. If you have just 2-4 people, this is a special treat priced along the lines of what you'd pay for hotel rooms in Sedona, but you'll be in a much better location with much more to see and do in the immediate area.
* This is a landmark home for Flagstaff, listed on the National Historic Register, originally built in the 1940s (even with a swimming pool, which is gone now).
* Located near the top of what was called Nob Hill, just a few hundred yards from all the action of historic downtown Flagstaff, the home has unusually large and spacious rooms for it's day, the rooms and bedrooms are what they call "mansion sized", about 4x the size of similar rooms in those days, even large by today's standards.
* With over one million dollars invested in the Babbitt House to date, we will continue to improve until we've achieved perfection! We have recently (since June 2015) completed the following: new furnishings, high-end beds and linens; replacement of all 42 windows with sound-proof, energy-efficient windows; new insulation underneath the house and in the attic; Dyson heater fans for each room, 4 of which are Dyson air purifiers, a Dyson vacuum, and Roomba robotic vacuum; a 65" 4K 3D TV in the living area with DirecTV with Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Amazon Video, Pandora, etc as well as XBox One; Samsung curved 4K 50-55" TVs in the bedrooms; a formal dining room with seating for 12; a game room/parlor for poker, board games, puzzles, etc.; kitchen with new motion-sensing lighting and faucet, new refrigerator, new dishwasher, new induction cooktop and dual oven with warming drawer; new steam washer and steam dryer.
* Award-winning front and back-yards. Recently spent $80K on back yard which includes a relaxation area surrounded by herb, fruit, vegetable and flower gardens; a Colorado Plateau zone with a dining area encircled by aspen trees with a high-end Weber Genesis barbecue grill; a pine forest zone and an alpine meadow zone. You won't want to leave this yard, trust us!
* Tesla 50 amp destination charger. If you're traveling with your Tesla (we have a Model S P90D with Ludicrous available upon request), you will get over 30 miles of charge per hour of charge time! There's also a Tesla Supercharger about 3 miles away where you can get 340 miles of charge per hour of charge time.
* Working on all-new exterior siding for the home (coming this Fall); working on all-new kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, flooring, and tile (coming this Fall); working on an indoor steam-sauna (coming this Fall).
Interakcija s gostima
Our neighbors help act as caretakers of the Babbitt House. If you need anything while we are out of town, their contact information will be made available to you, and you can contact them 24/7 with any questions or issues.
This is our home... I have it listed on this site to share with others when I'm not using the home as I want to make sure that visitors continue to support local businesses, which creates jobs, which provides income for individuals working at those businesses, which also helps to contribute to sales tax revenues, etc., etc. It's a win-win-win for everyone. We regularly only use one bedroom of the entire home.
Please be honest about how many people will be in the home, this allows us to have the house manager have everything ready and unlock the appropriate number of bedrooms.
If you have children, please understand that there are lots of little 'knick knack' items all over the place, so you'll have to watch your kids pretty carefully.
No events, weddings, parties.... property is to be used for accommodations only.... this is out of respect for the property and for my neighbors... much appreciated! You'll love the home and the location!
If you smoke, you must do so outside.
If you have pets, they cannot use the backyard stroll gardens, but may only be walked in the front and along the streets. I just have too many plants that would be fatal to dogs, as well as a lot of plants that dogs like to eat, and have put about $80K into the backyard and want to keep everything in as good of a condition as possible... thanks!
IMPORTANT NOTE: From November 1st to April 1st, you can park on the street from 7am until midnight only. You can park in the garage or in my parking area off the alley which holds 4 cars parked in a north-south orientation... or you can park on the street.
Ovaj domaćin ima 78 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I am the owner of The Clarendon Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona - one of the highest rated boutique hotels in Arizona. I have put a lot of my creativity and passion for design into these living spaces, and hope that you enjoy them as much as I do. Welcome to Phoenix - you're about to experience the best of the best.... at a price point comparable to a standard hotel room at a quality property in downtown Phoenix.
Favorite Travel Destinations:
* Arizona: Sedona, Jerome, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Havasupai, Bisbee.
* United States: Esalen Institute in Big Sur California, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Aspen, Yellowstone, New York, Washington DC, and of course ALASKA!!!
* World: Vanuatu, Costa Rica, Japan, Thailand, Paris, Machu Picchu, Rio de Janeiro, Istanbul.
* I still have not been to Africa and one day hope to travel from Cape Town to Cairo - all in one trip...