Our cozy home is located in a charming neighborhood just two blocks from Lake Union and the Burke Gilman trail. It is walking distance to the Fremont & Wallingford shopping areas, UW and Gas Works Park. It is a wonderful place to relax after a fun day on the town or on the water!
Our home is a comfortable two bedroom (one queen bed, one bed larger than a double/full, but slightly smaller than a queen bed) one bathroom home in a charming neighborhood with views of Lake Union. After a day of sightseeing, there are great areas to relax outside on the front porch with views of the water or on the back deck facing the backyard and garden. There is space for parking one car in the driveway and parking on the street is free.
The cozy living space offers comfortable seating, a large, flat panel television with cable and internet access, blu-ray DVD player and stereo. Wifi is available throughout the house and a printer, which can be connected to via wifi, is available for guests to use. The surround speaker bar is bluetooth enabled and can be connected to a smartphone, tablet, etc. There are lots of books to read as well.
The kitchen is well stocked with dishes, glassware, silverware, pots and pans. There are small appliances such as a blender, toaster, coffee maker and a hot water pot. We do not own a microwave (sorry). There is, however, a nice gas stove / oven and a barbecue on the deck. We are leaving it well stocked with spices, oils and various non-perishable food items. We can't guarantee what will be available though as we won't be able to restock those items. Additionally, there are herbs (basil, thyme, sage, tarragon, etc.) and berries (blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) planted around the house that you can use and eat! There is a nice seating area for 4 people and the dining table does expand out.
Both beds have nice comforters, sheets and comfortable pillows. The closet and cabinets in the master bedroom have been emptied and are available for your use. The guest room has some storage bins and a closet butler where clothes can be hung. The bathroom has nice towels and items such as a hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, lotion, etc. for your use. There is a shower and a bathtub, both are relaxing, and the bathroom has nice lighting.
Guests will have access to the entire main part of the house. The basement can be accessed for use of washer and dryer, but otherwise cannot be used for parking a car, sleeping, etc.
Interakcija s gostima
We won't be able to welcome guests personally, but we will be available via phone (voice or text) and e-mail to help with any issues that may arise. After a reservation is booked, we will be in contact and will provide an access code to the house on the day of check-in.
Our house is not child proof and due to concerns for safety (e.g. no child locks on cabinets, no outlet protectors, breakable items, sharp edges on furniture, and outside area concerns), we prefer that children be over 5 yrs old to stay at our house.
The house is for the most part fragrance-free, but if you have special requirements, please let us know beforehand.
We have fostered cats from the local animal shelter in this house. Our house has been thoroughly cleaned, but cat dander is difficult to eradicate. If you are highly allergic to cat dander our home might not be for you.
- No Smoking. If you must smoke, please do so outside away from the house (Not on the deck or front porch where the smoke can get carried inside)
- No Pets.
- No extra overnight guests other than those noted as staying at the house. Maximum 4 people can stay at the house. No sleeping on the sofa.
- Guests that make the reservation, must be the ones staying at the house. ID will be verified.
- Our house is not child proof and due to concerns for safety (e.g. no child locks on cabinets, no outlet protectors, breakable items, outside area concerns), we prefer that children be over 5 yrs old to stay at our house.
- Please be mindful and respectful of your neighbors, property, and noise levels. You may have guests over for dinner, etc., but the maximum number of people allowed at a given time is 6 people. No loud parties and quiet hours should be observed from 11pm - 8am. If you have people over, make sure that they are mindful of neighbors when parking around the house. Do not block driveways. It may be necessary to park a block away and walk to the house.
- No lighting of any candles inside or outside the house. Candle votives at the house have electric/LED candles in them for the most part and they provide a nice light.
- We don't mind shoes on the floors, but be mindful of the carpets and try to keep dirty shoes off of the carpet (shoeless on the carpet is preferred).
- If something happens and you stain the carpet, furniture, bed linens, let us know. Do not try to remove on your own as it may cause more damage.
- This is our home (we live here part of the year), not just a rental, so please treat it with respect and leave things as you find them.
- By booking this property you agree to the rules and terms of our house.