You will live in a quiet neighborhood in the small town of Sardinal, very close to several beaches. The house is modern in a classic colonial style, and very secure with fencing and gates; nevertheless you will be part of a real neighborhood. Secure Parking right next to the house.
You will live in a community in a small village. It would be a cultural experience. Nevertheless, you have your own space, and if you want privacy, simply close the gate. Very close to restaurants, pharmacy, Church, etc.
Full access to the home and gardens.
You will get a sense of what real life is like in a real neighborhood that you are a part of. Nevertheless, when you want to be alone, just close the gate and front door, grab a cold beer from the refrigerator and go sit in your hammock on the back porch and relax.
Interakcija s gostima
There is a modest young Costa Rican family that lives in an adjacent house and they are the resident managers, Gerald and Yerly and their two young sons and daughter. They will provide orientation, and if you wish they can prepare your breakfast. You can contract with them for meal, laundry, transportation and tour services.
There is a typical, but very good Costa Rican restaurant about 1 block away (with local prices). Also within 5 minutes of Bar, store, complete grocery store, ATM, Police station, Fruit stands and pharmacy. You will live just off the main square of this little town.
Also have access to a campground at a relatively isolated beach, Mata Palo.
For monthy rental, guests will have to provide bedding and pillows.
For monthly rental rate, no cleaning or meals provided.
• The bedrooms have airconditioning, but not the whole house, which is otherwise well ventilated.
You must be vigilant to keep the bedroom doors shut if you have the airconditioning turned on. You will be charged a $100 environmental fee to your deposit if you do not keep the bedroom doors closed with the air conditioner on. This is monitored by the outside electric meter.
• You may bring a pet, but it must stay outside in the patio and gardens. If the pet is kept inside you will forfeit $100 from your deposit.
• Keys must be returned and the house must be reviewed by Yerly and Gerald prior do departure, failure to return keys or complete the final inspection will result in forfeiture of the $300 deposit.
• Do not take towels to the beach, if you need towels ask us, we have some older towels that are more beach appropriate.
• Your deposit will be charged for any missing items from kitchen, bathroom or bedrooms, including bed covers and towels at a rate of $50 per item.
Lived many years in Central America.
I am a gringo, but my family is all from Costa Rica.
Currently work as a professor at the Univ. of Wisconsin.
We helped my wife's family fix up 'Casa Pitaya' so they could rent it.
I help with the reservations.
My niece and nephew manage the house .