This cute cabana is located in a quiet and green part of the island. It's the only house on the property which provides lots of privacy. The large deck, hammocks and tropical yard make you relax immediately.
This cabana is situated in a spacious fenced in yard full with tropical flowers, plants and trees and with lots of privacy. Two bicycles are complimentary so it's easy to explore the island and bike your way around.
The cabana is a studio-like house, built on posts about 10 feet above the ground. This means more breeze, better views, less bugs, a shady place under the house and dry feet during a tropical shower. In the house is one queen bed and a futon couch. The futon can be used for 1 adult or 2 children, so the cabana suits a maximum of 3 adults or a family of 4.
The kitchen is fully equipped with stove/oven, fridge, coffee machine, blender, toaster and all the other necessary utensils. Outside is a grill on which you can prepare your own caught fish or lobster.
The breezy veranda offers a beautiful view over the green neighborhood and is a perfect spot to read, watch birds or have a chat with the iguana pet that visits often. Under the house are some comfortable hammocks to relax in and on the veranda is also space for a hammock.
If you have enough of the diving, snorkeling, fishing, swimming or other activities you can entertain yourself with a small library, a selection of board- and card games, cable TV and wireless Internet. Or just hang out on the veranda with a cold beer or some Caribbean rum.
The Sunny Cabana is the only house on the property and the whole yard is yours.
Interakcija s gostima
As your host I can help you with finding your way on the island, booking trips or just leave you alone and let you enjoy the 'go slow' mentality of Caye Caulker. My husband and I live on the other side of the island near the split, on the same property as our restaurant Wish Willy Bar & Grill, and are always available for questions/advice. You can ride by on the bike, call us or send an e-mail.
Check out the special weekly and monthly rates and in the slow season (September - October) prices are lower (if you fill in the dates, the right prices show up automatically).
Also check my other listings on Caye Caulker: the COZY CABANA and the COZY CASA. They are located in the backyard of our restaurant, Wish Willy Bar & Grill, one of the most popular and unique restaurants of the island (on the North side of Caye Caulker, close to 'the split'.)
When you rent the Sunny Cabana you agree with the rules as described below and in the information book in the cabana. If during your stay things break down or any kind of damage caused by not following the rules, you will be charged for the costs:
- Smoking inside the cabana is NOT allowed, feel free to smoke on the veranda or elsewhere in the yard
- Unless approved otherwise by owner, no unregistered guests are allowed in the cabana.
- The Sunny Cabana is a self catering rental and during your stay it will not be cleaned. We provide linens and towels, it's your own responsibility to clean/do laundry. If you stay longer than a week, we provide cleaning services -if wanted- for a small contribution. Before you leave we ask you to do a basic cleaning: sweep the floor, do the dishes, take the trash to the garbage container downstairs and put all the dirty linens in one spot.
- Always close the windows when you leave the house, sudden downpours are more rule then exception and things get wet(and damaged) when you leave the windows open
- Always lock the bikes on and off the property
- When you leave the house at night time, leave the outdoor lights on (on the veranda and under the house), so much easier to find your way back.
- If you use the second set of sheets, clean the dirty ones so there's always a clean set of sheets when you leave.
Originally from the Netherlands and now living on the small tropical island of Caye Caulker in Belize for more than 10 years. I enjoy the 'go slow' mentality of island life and live by the day. I'm a real dog lover and work as a volunteer at the Caye Caulker Humane Society.