Maggie's is a 3 bedroom Cape Breton farm house in Skir Dhu on the world famous Cabot Trail which has been lovingly restored. Although it has kept its original charm and character, it has modern appliances and fixtures - including high speed wifi.
1 Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight
in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. This vacation property is privately owned; the Homeowners are not responsible for
any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The
Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of
the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly
assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom
they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Parking: There is ample parking on the property.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath
towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
Only those towels indicated as “beach towels” will be taken from the premises. No
other towels or linens to be used outside.
8. Fireplace: The fireplace is to be used only while adults are present.
9. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. Although the
water has been tested as safe to drink, you will be offered the option of using bottled
drinking water provided for the duration of your stay as the mineral content of the
drilled well water is high. Also, during a drought, the well water may have a slight
odor. The septic system is very effective, however, it will clog if improper materials
are flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. Therefore no
feminine products or dental floss should be flushed at anytime as they may clog the
10. Access to the barn, cellar and attic on the property is n
Six years ago we retired from a long career in International Education in mainly Japan and India. During that time we traveled extensively - mainly in Asia. We have also lived in a wide variety of locations in Canada such as Western Newfoundland, Labrador, Edmonton and Calgary. Our 2 grandchildren - one in Tokyo and one in Toronto - ensure that we continue traveling. In our day to day routines, an organic garden and two rather large yards as well as several hobbies keep us busy. Also our dog Tomo takes us on a daily hike through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. The hike starts at our back door.