Unfortunately, the other guests and I did not enjoy our stay at Magic Maya, for a variety of reasons.
Here are the issues that we faced when we were staying here:
1. I understand that Antigua is a rural location in Guatemala, but everywhere else we went to (cafes, bars, other houses) had at least some form of WiFi. This house has about 2 hotspots with a 5 foot radius, anything outside of this would drop WiFi
2. Our large group was provided 2 sets of keys for the house, however there is no one at the gate of the complex (first point of entry). So if a member of your party splits up without a set of keys and wants to come back to the house, there is no way to communicate to the other guests of the house without having a phone/data plan. This presented many, many problems of guests being locked out and people should understand this before booking here.
3. We were approached by a person who identified himself as the owner of the housing complex, and was told that we were staying in the house illegally and he would have words with the host about it. This understandably caused us a lot of concern, as this was the first day of our stay, and we were worried that our accommodations would be jeopardized
4. Electricity went out twice during our stay. As did hot water. We had no way of turning it back on, until we had to called the host a few times, and he had to show us where the breakers and hot water pumps were in case the problem resurfaced. The hot water pumps are located on the roof and can only be accessed by climbing rusted scaffolding placed behind the house
5. One of the bathrooms had a leak on the floor. This is the bathroom on the 2nd floor across from the master bedroom. The leak was on the floor and was causing an unpleasant odor in that room
6. Both the dishwasher and the clothes dryer was not functional
7. The pictures of the house shows that there are exercise bikes to use, but that was not available during our stay
8. Sofa recliner was broken when we arrived
9. Many of the toilets did not have enough pressure to flush
10. The hot tub pictured by the pool would never get hot, even if we left the pump on all day, as the host suggested
11. The host advised that there were damages caused to the house by my group, which is plainly false. We left the house in the exact same way as it was found, and was told by neighbors that the house was rented to a large group prior to our arrival
All in all, the house has many problems with it, and many areas that are unfurnished. It is not maintained very well, and is highly misrepresented in the listing.