Thank you very much for your in-depth review. As you mentioned, I want my guests to enjoy their stay and I need to know what worked and what did not. Before I comment as to my plan to remedy the issues, allow me to state that I hope that in the end you fell in love with the area and enjoyed your visit. I remain available for any advice you may need regarding visits during a future trip. I look forward to assisting all my guests with their discoveries of Yucatán should they need a little help! I pride myself on this personal touch, which is super important!
So, here we go!
First: the people, namely Martín and I, got great reviews, and honestly, this is essential because I cannot change this easily at all (whereas material things can be resolved)! So thank you so much for your appreciation. It was my pleasure assisting you.
I am also very happy to read the house was clean, as this is the #2 thing in my opinion.
Below are my comments to the issues to be handled:
1. Distance to Center: I am surprised it took you so long. It takes me 15 min to the Catedral, and (Hidden by Airbnb) maps (Walking) states 20 (and 16 min to the market). But we all walk at difference paces. I have posted photos of the walking distance online to reflect this.
2. Smelly bathroom: I have already called Martín and asked that the water evacuation and pressure be checked by a plumber. Casa Metzli was entirely done, all water lines, wells, and electric and there should not be issues. I am sorry you experienced them. I trust that the issue will be fixed promptly. I wonder if this was due to the fact the house was not used until your visit, and maybe something got in the pipes. Whatever it is, we will remedy it. I will also be living there for 35 days starting in December, and with 3 kids, I will be able to experience any issue! And I will be onsite to ensure resolution.
3. Towels and sheets: I will discuss with Martín as I wanted to do well, and had them custom made by a local seamstress. I had 8 sets of towels (and 10 for the kitchen) and 2 sets of sheets for the king and the twin made. If the quality is sub-par, this is not OK, and I will bring sheets from the US to ensure quality (and I will visit the seamstress...). I will also make sure that Martín knows to leave them on the bed for guests. This is an easy fix; thanks for your comments.
4. Pool/skimmer: There is a skimmer onsite, and I wonder why Martín would not have left it there for guests to remove the bugs and leaves (which of course are beyond our control as you fairly noted). Hopefully, the pool service did not take it. If that happened, a new skimmer will be bought. Again, easy fix! Thanks! The poop is iguana poop (not that the exoticism of it makes it better!) and Martín has been struggling with the little poopers... I talked to him, and I will have a layer of broken glass cemented into the walls to discourage their enjoyment of the pool. I apologize for this inconvenience and will do what I can to limit the iguana's presence.
5. Water: I had requested a 12-pack be included, and I am sorry it was not. When I visit, I plan on buying the dispenser and jugs, so this will easily be resolved. Thanks again for your comment.
6. New appliances: That is a better problem to have (thanks for setting the microwave up)! Not sure why the fridge was not started a couple of days before as it should have. Again, easy fix, thanks!
7. WIFI: I have planned on adding it in (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) , but was not able to do so until Casa Metzli started to rent, which may be a catch 22… :) Problem solved soon!
Again, Kelli, many thanks for your comments. I trust that you will indeed return to visit Mérida and the many treasures of the state of Yucatán and we would love to have you back!