MOST POPULAR HOLIDAY DESTINATION IN THE SAIMAA LAKE DISTRICT
Come and enjoy our cute cabin with its own sauna by Finland's clearest lake! Guests between 1 and 83 years of age from more than 30 nations, from all continents, have so far chosen to stay at our lovely cabins!
Check-in as per agreement with us – the day before arrival the latest.
We are pleased to offer Log Cabin "RANTA", suitable for one to three people, conveniently located by the lakeside.
Please read through our cabin description carefully so as to avoid unjustified criticism later.
Running drinking water, shower and WC under the same roof. For reasons of hygiene and the proximity to the lake, the toilet/shower room is (in line with the building permit) accessible only from outside the cabin. Both rooms can be heated though. The tap for drinking water is located in the shower room.
For cooking, there is a small kitchenette inside and a larger kitchen outside the cabin. For details, please refer to the photo gallery.
When assessing the value for money for your stay at our cabins, please take into consideration that 33% of the rental income goes directly to the Finnish tax authorities. In addition, the costs for utilities, snacks and drinks, and the hosts' portion of the Airbnb service fees amount to at least 25%.
Furthermore, no other listing in our region offers such an extensive all-inclusive package as ours.
Lake Puruvesi is one of the cleanest lakes in Finland and has very clear, drinkable water.
Tranquility, very clean water, beautiful landscape, nice and comfortable cabin. We are situated on an island that has a road connection.
Free use of:
- Linen and towels
- Outdoor kitchen (occasionally shared with guests of Cabin Aitta)
- Barbecue (occasionally shared with guests of Cabin Aitta)
- Jetty (occasionally shared with guests of Cabin Aitta)
- SUP boards*
- Rowing boats*
- Fishing equipment
- Small backpacks for day trips
* shared with guests of our two other cabins.
Against additional payment:
- Washing machine and tumble dryer (each for €5 per cycle)
- Pick-up and drop-off at bus stop, railway station, airport or other place
- Supermarkets, pharmacy, bank and church 5 km
- Bus stop 5 km
- Railway station in Savonlinna (Kerimäki-Silvola) 20 km
- Savonlinna Airport 30 km
- Hytermä National Park and Museum Island in Kerimäki
- Kerimäki Church (largest wooden church in the world)
- Castle 'Olavinlinna' in Savonlinna (known for its world-famous Opera Festival)
- Linnansaari National Park in Savonlinna
- Kolovesi National Park in Enonkoski
- Museum of Forestry 'Lusto' in Punkaharju
- 18-hole Golf Course Kerimaa
We are proud to have hosted guests from the following countries:
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Please familiarise yourself with our House Rules before arriving at our premises.
In order to be able to rent our cabins to people with allergies, we do not accept pets on our premises.
The use of bicycles, boating and fishing equipment, as well as the heating-up of the sauna are to be requested at least half a day in advance, thus allowing us time to prepare for you, for we also have other guests to take care of.
The burning of candles of any kind is forbidden on grounds of fire safety.
Damp towels or wet clothes are to be placed only on the racks, hooks or washing lines provided for these, not on the wooden furniture in the cabin.
Dishes – crockery, cutlery, cookware – should be thoroughly washed up, dried and put back in their places after use.
Shoes should be taken off whenever entering a building.
Please keep the cabin and its surroundings as clean and tidy as you will find them upon arrival.
I'm an active, middle-aged woman who enjoys meeting people from foreign countries. I have travelled to many countries round the world myself and I'm always interested in learning from other cultures.