Lisa - You made a lot of unsubstantiated claims in your very inaccurate description of our beloved cabin.
We take great pride in this cabin and make every effort to provide an excellent experience for our Guests.
Why would people (prior guests) leave their laundry for other guests to fold? You are making up stories that are simply untrue.
To start off, please understand for Owners/Hosts to share their personal homes on Airbnb, it is actually quite a major decision. In many cases, short term renters like you are very rough on our cabin, and we just deal with these issues and damages as they come up, and very often, we don't even mention what's actually done to our place because there are so many places/damages that we discover much later.
Below are the things you have done to our cabin: (and I certainly hope you do NOT do these things to other people's homes):
1. Lisa - When you make a reservation for 8 people, we provide fresh bedding/linens, high-quality bath towels, hand towels, shampoo, soap, toilet paper & paper towels, etc - enough for 8 people. If you make a reservation for 12 people, we will provide enough for all 12 guests. We actually tend to prefer 8 Guests as our maximum - to ensure comfort. That's why we charge an extra guest fee after the 8th guest! You should tell the host when you have 12 or more guests. You are avoiding paying the Extra Guest Fee by gaming the system. Please don't say you have 7 guests, then actually show up with 12 or 14 guests.
Based on the condition you left our cabin in, our Property Manager indicated that the actual number of guests were far higher than 7 guests. It is likely to be in the 12 to 14 people range - which is excessive wear and tear.
We use this cabin ourselves too, so you trashed our personal home away from home. We do not appreciate what you have done, and I sincerely hope no one else would share their home with you.
2. Your claim about folding laundry is simply unfounded. I have never heard of this. Why would guests leave their laundry? Our cleaners fold all linen/towels before guests arrive. We never had a problem. Not sure what you are talking about.
3. You left our cabin with dirty shoe stains on the carpet. Our cleaner had to take extra time to clean after you left. We also need to wait until Spring/Summer to hire steam cleaners because of the damages you've incurred. We respectfully ask our guests to take their shoes off when walking on carpets, but I guess to you, other people's house/property are just meant to be trashed.
4. You changed our Garage Door Access Code (without our permission) and also pulled a garage door mechanism that disabled our garage door altogether. Our cleaning crew couldn't access the cabin after you left and we had to get someone there to reprogram the Garage Door Access Code. Because of you, we had to incur extra costs to fix the garage door and reprogram the Access Code. No one ever changes our Access Code without our permission, but you certainly did.
As a Guest, you do NOT have permission to change the Access Code or make a new key. What are you trying to do? Go back to the cabin with the code you set for yourselves?
Owners: Beware of this renter!
5. You left our Hot Tub Water dirty and we had to do a dump and scrub after you left. We try to provide fresh water so any arriving guests can feel complete comfort using the hot tub. We provided you with fresh hot tub water, yet you treated our hot tub like a bathtub. We make every effort to provide a quality cabin, so you can enjoy the hot tub, yet you and your guests decide to party in it and trash it.
6. Our Cleaning Fee includes a Cabin Cleaning Fee ($150), plus a Hot Tub Cleaning/Service Fee ($50). To ensure our guests have the best experience, we actually spend money to hire someone to come and inspect & service the Hot Tub after the guest checks out. We take pride in the level of cleaning & service we provide to our guests. But for you, I guess it just doesn't matter.
Unless you decide to treat other people's home with some consideration and respect, I certainly hope no one else rents their home to you.
It is because of people like you that hosts & owners actually take their property off the market and stop hosting and stop sharing their wonderful places & experiences with others who actually value and appreciate it.