Approximately 450 sq. ft. of air conditioned space plus a 70 sq. ft balcony with chairs and table. Easy walking distance to the University of Texas campus, restaurants, shuttles & attractions which make Austin famous. HBO, Netflix & Gigabit Internet. Pricing INCLUDES 15% Hotel Occupancy Tax which is not detailed in the AirBnB reservation system.
Gallery House Austin, Rice Jackson
Located just north of The University of Texas, this modern studio showcases how green building can coexist with a historic landmark, the Fruth House. Designed as a photography gallery, creative use of space achieves a spacious feeling. Completed in February 2012, it incorporates “green building” concepts: LED lights, solar panels, efficient heating/AC, and tankless water heater. A queen-sized Murphy bed, fully-equipped kitchen, and comfy furnishings on a century-old reclaimed wood floor provide visitors with a home base to explore Austin. Centrally located, guests can catch the UT shuttle (75 yards), or walk to UT (1 mile), Central Market, and nearby restaurants along the “Drag” (Guadalupe) and in Hyde Park; we are near several hospitals (Austin Heart, Seton, St. David’s, University Medical/Brackenridge, and Dell Children’s) and the Capitol. UT scholars, visitors, sports fans, athletes (especially rowers!) and live music aficionados—all are welcome to enjoy our Gallery House Austin.
Additional information about rental rates:
Minimum two night stay. Check out time 11 a.m. Check in after 3 p.m. Inquire for different times.
Fresh towels are provided every 3-4 days.
Cleaning fee $50.
A security deposit of $200 OR a $50 Damage Waiver Fee is required. This security deposit is fully refundable within 10 days if the unit is returned in the same condition as on the initial day of the rental. The Damage Waiver Fee is not refundable and is designed for a worry free stay.
Stays of longer than 30 days are not subject to Hotel Occupancy Tax!
City of Austin Short Term Rental Type 1. The License is displayed in the informational binder in the apartment.
*Austin requires a license number to be shown in all online listings for legally operating rentals. Beware of ads that do not have a license number displayed.
High speed wifi from gigabit fiber connection with the latest Apple Extreme Router. 802.11ac is supported.
Interakcija s gostima
Rice or Pam will greet you when you when you arrive to show you how to access the apartment. We'll give you a five minute tour to orient you and turn you loose. We'll just need access to the apartment every few days to water the plants and/or freshen your towels (2x a week).
The apartment is super well insulated and has a high efficiency 18,000 BTU heat pump for heating and cooling. A tankless water heater supplies all the hot water you can possibly use. A small but well organized and equipped kitchen with a counter top convection oven/microwave, 2 burner electric stove top, with a standard size refrigerator next to the sink. The bed is a very comfortable, brand new queen size mattress, that just happens to store vertically (Murphy bed!) to make maximum use of the space. I have traveled a lot and tried to put everything into this space that a visitor could possibly want. The new 2016 43" Sony UHD 4K TV is connected to Netflix, HBO GO, Directv Now and Amazon Prime accounts for your listening and viewing pleasure. All the local broadcast HD TV channels are available as well.
Hotel Occupancy Taxes (15%) are included in the base price.
We are licensed by the City of Austin: License number is displayed in the binder in the apartment.
Minimum 2 night stay. 7 day advance booking notice (no 'same day' booking except for previous clients). 3 night minimum stay during SXSW. For SXSW must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
Not suitable for young children as there is no 'safety gate' for the entry to the stair well.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Pamela Bell & Rice Jackson (“Homeowner”) an(URL HIDDEN)(“Guest”) as of the date of the Rental Invoice Deposit. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at: 3500B Speedway, Austin, Texas 78705The property is furnished and includes: linens, pillows, towels, comforter with duvet, extra blanket and pillows, all necessary kitchen utensils/pots/pans/plates/bowls/glasses, convection/microwave oven, refrigerator.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest(s) specified in the Rental Invoice. The Guest(s) confirm by payment of the booking invoice that they are at least of 25 years old to enter into this agreement. The guest shall supply their address for the Homeowner's records and a government issued photo I.D. of their address and age.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 2 adults. Additional persons (any age) are $50/night and must be approved by the Homeowner.
4. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
5. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the “Check-in Date” and ends at 11am on the “Checkout Date”. Please check-in before 10pm if possible.
6. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday or special event periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the 2-night rate.
7. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules (listed below) at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
8. Amenities – The Property provides many amenities including but not limited to a television, air conditioning, appliances, etc and The Owner can not control when one or more may become inoperative during or before your stay. Every effort will be made to insure all amenities are in working order but no refunds or rebates will be given if one or more amenities are inoperable. High speed wireless Internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to Internet service.
9. Access: The Homeowner shall have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement. The Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
10. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired. The property, being two story, is not suitable for small children as only adult safety measures are installed. Access is up one flight of stairs, so the tenant(s) must be ambulatory enough to manage going and coming on hardwood stairs. All minors must be supervised.
11. Rental Rate and Feesa. Deposit: Please see the Rental Rates as to what amount is due now. b. Guests are required to pay a $50 non-refundable Damage Waiver Fee (DWF) OR a $200 damage deposit. The latter is refundable within 10 days if the apartment is left in the same condition as when you arrived. The DWF is designed to make for a worry free stay.
For all online bookings paid in advance: a government issued photo I.D. & the credit card used for the booking, must be presented when signing the Rental Agreement (a copy provided to clients). If the charge card used for the initial booking is not available (i.e. a corporate account) then a second credit card must be presented matching the name of the Renter and will be charged the full amount as the first one, refundable within 21 days of departure date if there are no problems with the original booking.
Note: in addition to the above, during special events such as SXSW, ACL, F1 etc., the booking must be a minimum of 14 days in advance of arrival. The $50 Damage Waiver Fee may not be used, and a $300 Refundable Damage Deposit is mandatory. This may be charged at check-in if client has not done so in advance. These added requirements to not apply to repeat guests.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately. c. Rental Rate. This is specified on the Gallery House RATES page.
12. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded within 14 days (60 days for special events: SXSW, ACL, F1) of written cancellation as follows: 100% if cancelled 45 days prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled 44 days prior to the Check-in Date
13. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are [personal check, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or credit card]. If you wish to use a credit card you will be invoiced via SQUAREUP for payment. Checks & credit cards must clear our bank 45 days in advance of your reservation.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside or outside on the property. The Security Deposit shall be forfeited if smoking occurs by you or your guests on the property.
2. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Local noise ordinance starts at 10 PM outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. All of the unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order as they were found.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. Trash: The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner. The gray bin is for trash, and the blue bin is for recycling. On Friday the garbage is picked up in the morning. NOTE: the City of Austin Recycling does not accept styrofoam, this must be placed in the trash.
8. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises. The Homeowner’s two pet dogs are not allowed in the unit.
9. Parking: PARKING PASSES – A parking pass is located inside the unit. Renters must display the Residential Parking Pass on the rear view mirror at all times when parked on the street. Failure to display may result in ticketing of vehicle at renter's expense. Leave the parking pass inside the unit upon departure. A fee of $25 will be assessed for lost or stolen passes.
10. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units EXCEPT for the provided beach towels. Towels and linens are refreshed periodically depending on the length of your stay.
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
Payment of the Rental Invoice signifies that the Guest has read & agrees to, and is a party to this Agreement.
Photographer in Austin, Texas. This garage apartment is probably the 10th building I have constructed (in a few past cases renovated) in my lifetime. I am a stickler for details and getting it right. My wife and I live in the 1925 house beside the brand new apartment. She is an educator at the University of Texas six blocks away. I have lived in Texas much of my life, but some in California, Alaska, Hawaii and the Caribbean. I modeled this apartment based on the amenities I like when I travel. It has almost everything for that reason. We keep it as pristine as it was when it was finished a few months ago, and our guests enjoy the experience and leaving it in the same condition when they depart.