Nestled in 8 acres of private forest, our B&B style guesthouse offers the cherished rural Vermont experience while being wrapped in modest luxury only 2 mi. from restaurants and shops, minutes from beaches and sunsets on Lake Champlain, a stones throw from vineyards, museums and breweries, a mere 8 miles from Burlington, and 30-45 minutes to top ski areas.
Hearthwood is an expansive property with plenty of space for guests to make themselves comfortable, and we hope you'll do just that. We only have a few basic requests as you visit.
* Please help us save energy and be good to the planet by turning off unnecessary lights and electronics as you leave the room or head to bed. This includes hallways, the guest kitchen, the guest sunroom and your private bathroom. Each area has a night light.
* Like most rural Vermont homes, Hearthwood has a well and septic system. Thus we ask guests to use only the water they need (please limit showers to 5-10 minutes) and not flush anything other than toilet paper. Bins are provided for other waste.
* Please be conscientious about leaving the guest common areas such as the kitchen and sunroom clean when you are finished.
* Hearthwood is a large farmhouse, but noise can carry. We ask simply that you be conscious of this fact when in the common areas or walking though the halls, up and down stairs and closing doors--especially during quiet hours. (10pm-8am) For this reason, we do ask that guests leave their shoes at the door. It makes a huge difference. :)
* Due to limited parking, we allow only one car per suite. If you must have two cars, we can try to accommodate you. Please contact Lara to coordinate.
* Babies & Young Children: As parents ourselves, we firmly believe in welcoming families. However, we also know that young ones often make a good deal of noise that can be tough to manage. Thus we ask parents to assess their child's habits and whether they're a good fit for a guesthouse environment. If so, we ask only that parents be responsible for keeping little ones quiet during times when other guests are sleeping. General quiet hours are 10pm-9am. If the other suites still seem silent a this time though, it would be nice for them to be able to sleep in as they wish. (Note: Summer options include taking early morning strolls outside, heading to a local cafe like Village Wine & Coffee, going to one of the nearby playgrounds, or even a drive through the country. As of Fall 2016, we plan to have the basement fully finished including an entertainment room that will be a great space for little ones to romp or cry at any hour without needing to be quiet.) :)
Thank you so much! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your stay. We hope you'll enjoy your experience at Hearthwood and choose to return again and again.
Ovaj domaćin ima 255 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Global adventurer, yogi in training, mother of an extraordinary and sparkly boy, lover of animals and human to our adorable pup, Lulu, cherisher of community and friends (both new and old), and committed supporter of this extraordinary and wondrous planet called Earth.