Nestled in 8 acres of private forest, our B&B style guesthouse offers the cherished rural Vermont experience while being wrapped in modest luxury only 2 mi. from restaurants and shops, minutes from beaches and sunsets on Lake Champlain, a stones throw from vineyards, museums and breweries, a mere 8 miles from Burlington, and 30-45 minutes to top ski areas.
Situated on a tranquil road only 15 minutes from downtown Burlington and nestled in 8 acres of serene forest, our rustic farmhouse, Hearthwood, is designed to be like a charming boutique-style B&B. The house is split up with a completely private guesthouse on one side and our family living separately on the other.
The Scandinavian Suite is one of our three large, elegant and fully private suites (each with its own private bathroom) available for guests to come to relax and rejuvenate. In addition to the suites, there is also a modest-sized but fully-appointed guest kitchen stocked with a wide variety of breakfast fixings, a front loader washer and dryer, and a sunroom for relaxing and dining. We also offer a large selection of indoor and outdoor games and yoga mats upon request for guests to use while visiting. Guests also have access to our private forest and expansive lawns with Adirondack chairs and a picnic table for enjoying your morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine.
Our spacious suites are each newly renovated with high ceilings and serene forested views. Uniquely decorated with a blend of modern and antique furniture, they are designed to provide the experience of beauty, comfort and ease. Each has a deluxe pillow-top queen-sized bed, hand-scraped maple floors, comfortable arm chairs with throw blankets for journaling or curling up by the enormous picture windows, large closets, and tables for working or eating meals privately. They are furnished almost entirely with natural materials including soft cotton duvets, woven wool carpets, linen drapes and wooden hangers. They are also appointed with DirectTV, wireless internet (although not fast enough to stream movies), all linens, and towels.
The Scandinavian Suite is decorated in creams and golds with touches of bright colors. It has a private ensuite bath. It has large, beautiful windows overlooking the backyard which offer a tranquil view of the forest and a crystal chandelier to give it an extra touch of elegance.
Or you may prefer one of our other suites....
The Tuscan Suite: Decorated in the Italian colors of deep red, gold and blue. This south facing room has a large en suite bathroom, is the brightest of our three suites and gets wonderful afternoon sun that will make you want to curl up in front of the window and soak it all in.
The Zen Suite: The largest of the three suites, it’s decorated in creamy whites with accents of blue and green. It offers plenty of space for yoga, and has a full wall of windows for a truly serene forest view. You might even start “ommm-ing.” :)
Since each suite is private, it's completely your choice whether to spend time on your own or hangout in the common areas and meet other guests. Either way, we invite you to come and enjoy your time in Vermont with us here at Hearthwood for a truly relaxing and rejuvenating getaway.
Guests have access to their private suite and bathroom (note: the Scandinavian's bathroom is just at the bottom of the stairs) as well as all common areas of the guesthouse including the sunroom, laundry facilities, and full guest kitchen. They also have use of the expansive lawns and are free to wander the paths in our 8 acres of forest. A set of keys for both the guesthouse main door and private suite allows guests to enter on their own schedule. (Please note: Quiet hours are from 10pm-9am.)
Interakcija s gostima
We live on the premises in a completely separate part of the house and are available from 9am to 8pm for any questions, concerns or just to say hello. Occasionally, guests may see us around the property outdoors or in the guesthouse as we garden, tidy up or prepare rooms for incoming guests. Otherwise, we simply give them space to relax and enjoy. (After hours, we're available via phone or text message for emergencies or urgent issues. Each guest is given our cell phone number for this reason.)
Please note that the water sulfur issues we used to have are now happily resolved with a brand new oxidation system! :)
Hearthwood is an expansive property with plenty of space for guests to make themselves comfortable, and we hope you'll do just that. We only have a few basic requests as you visit.
* Please help us save energy and be good to the planet by turning off unnecessary lights and electronics as you leave the room or head to bed. This includes hallways, the guest kitchen, the guest sunroom and your private bathroom. Each area has a night light.
* Like most rural Vermont homes, Hearthwood has a well and septic system. Thus we ask guests to use only the water they need (please limit showers to 5-10 minutes) and not flush anything other than toilet paper. Bins are provided for other waste.
* Please be conscientious about leaving the guest common areas such as the kitchen and sunroom clean when you are finished.
* Hearthwood is a large farmhouse, but noise can carry. We ask simply that you be conscious of this fact when in the common areas or walking though the halls, up and down stairs and closing doors--especially during quiet hours. (10pm-8am) For this reason, we do ask that guests leave their shoes at the door. It makes a huge difference. :)
* Due to limited parking, we allow only one car per suite. If you must have two cars, we can try to accommodate you. Please contact Lara to coordinate.
* Babies & Young Children: As parents ourselves, we firmly believe in welcoming families. However, we also know that young ones often make a good deal of noise that can be tough to manage. Thus we ask parents to assess their child's habits and whether they're a good fit for a guesthouse environment. If so, we ask only that parents be responsible for keeping little ones quiet during times when other guests are sleeping. General quiet hours are 10pm-9am. If the other suites still seem silent a this time though, it would be nice for them to be able to sleep in as they wish. (Note: Summer options include taking early morning strolls outside, heading to a local cafe like Village Wine & Coffee, going to one of the nearby playgrounds, or even a drive through the country. As of Fall 2016, we plan to have the basement fully finished including an entertainment room that will be a great space for little ones to romp or cry at any hour without needing to be quiet.) :)
Thank you so much! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your stay. We hope you'll enjoy your experience at Hearthwood and choose to return again and again.
Global adventurer, yogi in training, mother of an extraordinary and sparkly boy, lover of animals and human to our adorable pup, Lulu, cherisher of community and friends (both new and old), and committed supporter of this extraordinary and wondrous planet called Earth.