Say Aloha to wonderful ocean views & light breezes from the lanai of this South Kona home in the midst of coffee country. A quaint, quiet area just 19 miles south of the airport & 15 min from downtown Kailua-Kona, you're in for a Hawaiian delight!
Honu Reef is an upstairs, non-smoking property with an open floor plan of 760sf, 1 bedroom, a living area with a large cable-equipped tv, free Wi-Fi, a full kitchen with microwave & oven/stove, a dining area & a fabulous covered lanai. We're located in the heart of Kona Coffee country @ 1200 ft elevation, where there are at least 10 different coffee farms in a 5-mile radius where you can sample some of the area's best brews!
NOTE: The sofa IS NOT a bed & is prohibited from being used as such. If both people will not be sharing the queen-size bed, we have a 2 bedroom option available as a separate listing for a small amount extra per night. It is listed as Honu Reef 2 Bedrooms with Ocean Views.
In the garage closet there are straw beach mats, a beach bag, boogie board, folding lawn chairs, snorkel equipment & a picnic cooler bag for those beach-perfect Hawaiian days. Also, the washer/dryer are located in the garage too. Simply use the inner stairwell to access it, the door is on the right at the bottom foyer.
Interakcija s gostima
Guests basically have the entire place to themselves, but if they'd like some detailed info on the area, we're more than happy to help them out.
The 40 ft of private road to Honu Reef is paved asphalt with a steep 15% grade. ANY car will be fine driving up & down it, no worries =)
Because the house is upstairs and has an open inner stairwell to the garage (washer & dryer location), families with small children are advised to exercise prudence before reserving our home. Additionally, any child over the age of 1 should be considered an extra guest for reservation purposes.
A late check-out of 4pm may be possible with advance notice at time of booking (which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis & may not be available for every stay) for an additional $25 cash payable at time of service. Any guests wishing to check-out after 4pm will be assessed another full night's charge, also payable in cash at time of service.
Unfortunately, due to our location on a small island in the middle of the Pacific & our 3-night minimum stay requirements, any late arrivals after the 1st day of your reservation or early departures before the last day of your reservation can not be refunded. W91901110-01
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj
Saznaj više o ovom broju
1) Additional guests beyond the number provided on the Airbnb reservation at check-in time can NOT stay overnight and must leave the premises between the hours of 9pm-7am.
2) Upon arrival, you will find our home neat, clean & in excellent condition. We expect it returned to us in a similar manner. So please show respect for our home and return it how you found it!
Please make yourself familiar with our House Guidelines & Rules List when you arrive to ensure a more pleasant stay.
3) This is a family-oriented neighborhood of hard-working people, including the tenants downstairs, so please be considerate of others by not making loud noise during normal sleeping hours (ie 9p-7am). As a courtesy, please also refrain from doing laundry, washing dishes & conversing loudly during these same hours.
4) If anything breaks during your stay, PLEASE notify us of it immediately so that we: a) Can repair/replace it asap to make your stay more enjoyable, and b) Don't have to scramble after your check-out to repair/replace it before our next guests arrive.
5) Please be respectful of our home & Hawaiian culture by removing your shoes when inside the house.
6) Absolutely no parties, celebrations, gatherings, etc. permitted on premises at any time. The maximum # of guests on the property at any given time is limited to 6.
7) NO SMOKING or ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES on the property at any time. A forfeiture of your security deposit, an extra cleaning charge, & immediate expulsion from the property will result! No refund will be made available for any days left remaining on your reservation.
8) *ANTS & other creatures will find your food or anything that has even touched your food (utensils, plates, cups, etc.) if you leave it out. Please put ALL unwrapped food in the fridge or in the Tupperware containers provided in the cabinets, & rinse ANY items that have touched food with water immediately.
Failure to follow the above house rules at any time may result in your immediate eviction from Honu Reef without a refund. Mahalo!
I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area & Heather is originally from the Kansas City area. We really enjoy traveling & have been all over the U.S. and the Pacific Rim. I love fish tacos (& most seafood in general), she loves anything with cheese involved (typically the more the better), and we're both pretty laid back.
We work hard to provide excellent accommodations at a reasonable price on the Big Island with a spirit of "Aloha", and expect our guests to show us & our home the same respect in return =)