Our family vacation in Betina, Croatia was wonderful! We had 5 adults and 1 toddler in our party. Ivo was a great host and provided a lot of helpful information in advance during the booking process. Our family was not sure if we should stay in a larger city or Betina. We took day trips to Muter, Sibenik and later did a one night stay in Zagreb. Our entire family loved Betina and felt it was the best choice.
Ivo's place has all of the modern conveniences and there are several restaurants very close by as well as small markets and a larger grocery store (all walking distance). The beach is also within walking distance (less than 5 minutes) and had a small cafe that served coffee, drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and ice cream (commercially packaged). The two-floor apartment was clean and well-stocked.
We only had to communicate with Ivo twice during our week-long stay and both times he responded quickly and checked in to make sure everything was okay.
1. Friendly, knowledgeable, responsive host
2. Clean and modern apartment;
3. Great location in Betina - right in the main square close to restaurants, ice cream and beach.
4. Betina is a small town that had everything we needed for a relaxing vacation.
1. Multi-floor apartment may be difficult for seniors or people with mobility issues. (No problems for our family, but overall there are about 20 steps between the two floors.
2. Air conditioning was not really sufficient to cool the rooms but was not intolerable.
3. Betina, for a small town, had music and noise from the main square until midnight. This was not a huge issue for me, but some people who are sensitive to noise may be better off staying further away from the main square.
4. Croatia does not have a lot of sandy beaches. The beaches are rocky and you will need amphibian shoes. Not a big concern but you should be prepared with proper footwear.