*PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE BOOKING*
Clean and spacious room with private bathroom in the central Prati district, close to everything you need
5 min walk from metro Ottaviano, 6 stops from Termini Station
10 min walk from Vatican Museums & St.Peter, 20 from historic city center
From here you can visit Rome by feet or by public transportation
It's easy to find and reach us because we are on a big well-known street
CHECK IN 24H ONLY IF YOU LET US KNOW YOUR TIME OF ARRIVAL AT LEAST 2 DAYS IN ADVANCE!
We have a large, style-furnished room with clean, private bathroom, that stands at the street floor of a building in the quiet, central district of Prati. Here you will find anything you will need, like many restaurants, pubs and shops, and you can reach the centre both having a walk or taking the metro (we are 5 minutes far from Ottaviano’s metro station and 10 minutes far from Saint Peter, by feet!)
Our home is not the common "Ikea home", but we've tried to personalize it and to give it a unique style.
The house during winter is warm and cozy, and in summertime we try to take the temperature pleasant with some methods, anyway in your room you'll find a fan. Please, consider that from june to august the weather in Rome should be hot (30-35° C) and often it is a humid heat!
Anywhere in the house it is possible to use the free, fast and perfectly working WI-FI; however, if you need to print something or to use a desktop computer, there are two near internet points that are often open.
If you reach us by car, there is a parking WITH FEE at 2 minutes walk from our apartment.
AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US IN ORDER TO TELL US YOUR CHECK IN TIME, SO WE’LL BE ABLE TO WELCOME YOU WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. IF YOU DON’T, IT’S POSSIBLE YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYBODY AT HOME TO WELCOME YOU, SO IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO ENTER IN THE APARTMENT (this because we have to organize our working days).
If the day of your check-in you are late, please communicate it to us. Otherwise, we'll wait for you only 1 hour after the designated time.
Your room is really large, clean and quiet, because our new double-glazed windows perfectly isolate the noise coming from the street.
It has a confortable double SOFA BED (with 18 cm-high-matress!), and if you are 3 or 4 people we can open the other double SOFA BED, identical to the first.
IF YOU ARE 2 PEOPLE BUT YOU NEED 2 SEPARATE BED, YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY € 10 FOR SHEET CLEANING AND BED MAINTENANCE.
Also a boiler, a fridge, a toaster and a big table to eat all together will be available in the room.
In addition to bed and bath towels, also dishes, glasses, silverwares, pots, mugs and cups are freely available; then, we will try to satisfy you in case you need something else.
The large bathroom, provided with wc, bidet, shower stall and washbasin, is not into your room, but it's only for you (private).
In the pictures you will find the map of the house, so you can see where the bathroom is.
Interakcija s gostima
You will share the flat (NOT THE ROOM!) only with us. We are going to sleep in our room and use our private bathroom, so we are going to share only the kitchen and the living-room.
We like to chat with you in order to answer your demands and supply every information you need, so please, do not hold back from demanding what you need, because to us you are not just guests, but friends!
After booking, we will send to you a really useful pdf guide, written by Sara, who lives in Rome from the day she was born. It will help you so much with the organization of your Roman vacation. You will find all the ways to reach us, prices and numbers to call a taxi, the web sites to book train and bus tickets to reach other cities from Rome and much more. The guide is in English or in Italian.
Please we ask you, BEFORE booking, to notice everything you consider good (for instance the convenient price, the central position and the private bathroom) and everything you consider bad (like the simple rules of the house to follow - written in the note of the advertising - or that there is no air conditioning in the room), so that you will not have any problem during your stay! PLEASE DON'T CONSIDER ONLY THE PICS AND THE REVIEWS, THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT, BUT THEY AREN'T EVERYTHING AND ALWAYS THEY ARE BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCES!
For any doubt, please don't hesitate to ask us and we will try to explain, we are here for you! :)
The room is in our private house and not in a hotel, so it's perfect for those who like sharing and who adapt theirselves with no problem.
So please take care about the services we offer and the house rules!
We think our home is the perfect solution for young couples or groups of friends, and we think it DOESN'T FIT for old people, people with limited mobility (there are 10/15 steps) and families with babies.
Anyway, we have to specify that children older then 1 year pay the full price, while infants can stay for free, sleeping in their parent's bed.
1) THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
Enjoy your stay and ask if you need anything!
We'll be very happy to help you, when it's possible.
But remember this is a home, so there aren't all comforts that you could find in a five stars hotel... and also remember we are not a tour operator, so we can't book anything for you!
2) RESPECT OUR HOME
We are really happy to meet and to host you and we'll do our best you to feel at home, but please respect our apartment, totally furnished by us with care, love and sacrifices.
If you break a thing, unfortunately you'll have to pay it.
Please ask before using a thing that you don't find in your room or in your bathroom. We give to you your own things because we often need our ones!
We live here and we maybe have “not convenient" schedules for those who are here to visit the city. It's possible we'll see a little television after dinner in the living room until midnight, or that we'll come back home late in the night, or that we'll wake up early in the morning to go to work. We'll always respect your privacy and your schedules, but we ask you to respect our ones.
You can use the kitchen (if possible, especially during lunch, according with our schedules: we usually have lunch between 1.00 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. and we always are in a hurry), but please:
- use ONLY the fridge and the dishes you'll find in your room, if you need anything else you can ask to us for it;
- you can use the kitchen sink and the burner to cook your food, but please eat your food in your room, because we commonly need kitchen and unfortunately we often are in a hurry;
- after washing your dishes, dry them and take them away in your room, please don't leave them around the kitchen;
- always open the window and then close it when you've finished;
- remember to switch off the flame after cooking!!!
4) CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
- Before you arrival, we ask you to get in touch with us in order to tell your time of arrival, so that we can welcome you without any problem.
- Please try to respect your check-in time, if you have a delay please send us a text message or call us.
- Check-out is possible until 11 a.m.
- If we'll not be at home at your check-out, please leave the keys on your table and close the house door behind you without locking it.
- If you need to leave here your luggages to have a last tour of the city before your departure, leave them in the living room and take the keys away with you: when you come back, if we'll not be at home, leave the keys on the “beer table" in the living room and close the house door behind you without locking it.
- Please when you come back to collect your luggages do not use the bathroom and do not enter in your room because they will be clean for the next guests!
5) LIGHT, FAN AND OTHER ELECTRICAL DEVICES
Please remember to SWITCH OFF the electrical devices (especially fan and room/bathroom lights) when you aren't using them! Absolutely don't leave the fan on when you are not at home. In Rome electricity has a really high cost!
- It's forbidden smoking in the apartment, but you can do it in the shared garden;
- Absolutely don't throw cigarette butts on the ground in the shared garden;
- Please when you are in the shared garden don't speak with a loud voice, especially at lunchtime and after 9 p.m.
- There are 2 entrances/exits. We'll give to you both keys, so if you're not able to open one, please try with the other entrance. Pay attention because they are a little hard for those who don't know these locks.
- Remember to LOCK THE HOUSE DOOR when you are inside and when you are outside!
- Remember to REMOVE THE KEY FROM THE LOCK or we can't open the door
- If you lose or break the door key you'll have to pay €150,00 (because we'll have to change all the lock!)
- We haven't the second keys, so you'll have only one bunch of keys.
8) DO NOT WASH YOUR CLOTHES HERE!
Our washing machine and our drying rack are only for our personal use... and the bathroom is not a laundry! You can wash a pair of socks or a t-shirt if you need, but if you have to wash all your collection of clothes please go to the laundry (2 minutes walk from our place)
We are an Italian couple and we live in Rome from the day we were born (Sara from 1989 and Marco from 1984), but we live together under the same roof just from November 2014.
We like music, especially rock music, and we go and see a really lot of concerts during all the year, often out of Rome!
We are committed nature and animal lovers (Sara is even vegetarian!) and we always respect what Nature gives us.
The thing we mainly love to do is travelling. Every free moment we like to discover new places and new ways of life (as travellers, not as tourists).
Our home is furnished with all the things we mainly love: Alice in Wonderland, world travel maps and travel guides, music posters and Harry Potter.
We like so much hosting people and sharing our home because it's a good way to travel without moving and because it's an opportunity to improve our English.