Private peaceful self-contained studio apartment 30sqm, overlooking garden. Well-equipped kitchenette, bathroom, tastefully furnished, unlimited wifi, great location, host with top reviews. Ideal for long- or short-term guests seeking comfortable temporary home in Zone 1, only 3 bus stops from Southbank and 5 stops from CBD
Gleaming new Garden Studio of over 30 square metres, with your own ensuite bathroom, kitchenette, and private keyed entrance. The Garden Studio is positioned on the ground floor of an extension that sits separate from the main house, making it an ideal choice for guests who value their privacy. The Studio is light, spacious and airy, with a wall of full height windows overlooking our rainforest garden and providing views of more distant hill tops.
The Studio offers a peaceful relaxing retreat for a busy person, with all facilities included, and none of the stresses that can accompany sharing with others.
- slat-base double bed, with a quality orthopaedic mattress
- leather armchairs, extending table, dining chairs, wardrobe, shelving and storage spaces
- 24' TV with DVD player, ipod dock, ceiling fan, and excellent lighting
- fully equipped kitchenette with fitted cupboards, sink, fridge and a full range of appliances including kettle, toaster, induction hot plate, microwave, sandwich press, roaster/griller, electric fry pan etc. No oven, but roaster/griller does almost everything a conventional oven can do
- ensuite bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet
- iron, small ironing board, cleaning implements, bedding and towels all provided
- fast unlimited wifi
- insect screens on all windows
- use of laundry facilities (frontloader and under-cover drying space) shared with host
- outdoor electric bbq
- breezy ridge top position, combined with ceiling fan means air con isn't needed even in Brisbane summers
- fantastic location with extremely easy access to public transport. CBD, uni campuses and major hospitals all within a few minutes
- a lovely residential neighbourhood with heritage and modern homes side by side, lots of parks, cafes, bike paths.
A sliding glass door from the studio opens to a path leading to covered paved areas with tables and chairs, overlooking the leafy sub-tropical back garden, complete with pond, possums, kookaburras and the occasional scrub turkey. There are sufficient outdoor seating spaces that you can always find a private spot.
Absolutely everything is already in place, and there's nothing else to arrange or to pay. You can just bring your clothes and move right in.
LOOKING FOR MORE SPACE?
If you are looking for more space than the studio offers, checkout our Garden Apartment, which offers twice the space, at a bargain rate: https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/4967587.
This studio is ideal for a person moving to Brisbane for a fixed term, or anyone who doesn't want the bother of a lease, furnishing a place or organising utilities. It offers complete privacy, so is perfect for people who are over shared houses, and just want their own space.
The ideal guest is a quiet busy professional or student, who is looking for an easy and comfortable long-term living arrangement. We also accept shorter stays depending on our calendar and time of year.
Long term guests will find the the studio is most suitable for a single person, but couples would find it very comfortable for short stays.
WHAT ABOUT PRICING AND MINIMUM STAYS?
The studio is generally only available for stays of 30 days or more, although we somtimes accept shorter bookings depending on availability between long term bookings.
If you are a single guest and interested in a very long term booking (eg 6 months or more) we may be able to discuss an even more competitive price. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs and our best price. Thank you.
WHAT ABOUT REVIEWS?
The Garden Studio is new and has mainly accommodated long-term guests, so doesn't have many reviews yet. But please read our glowing reviews from guests who stayed with us in similar-sized but older accommodation under our house between 2012 and 2014. Comments include:
- This place is brilliant and will give you an ideal base
- Perfect little apartment with everything you need
- I nominate this for the best deal in Brisbane
- Stay here. We can't recommend it highly enough
- This little haven .. is a ten out of ten. Malc ... are wonderful hosts
- I cannot say enough wonderful things about Malc and his wife
The Garden Studio offers completely self-contained accommodation, with only the laundry (front loader and undercover drying space) shared.
Guests have full use of our garden, which incorporates lovely outdoor seating areas and bbq for guest use.
As our guests value the privacy we offer, we do not service the studio while guests are staying with us. We provide cleaning materials and equipment for you to use during your stay, and two sets of bed linen and towels (more if you need them) for visitors staying more than a few days, so you are free to look after yourself as you wish.
We do need to know a bit about you before we accept a booking so please complete your Airbnb verification and profile before you make contact. Information about the purpose of your stay in Brisbane is much appreciated.
We have a very friendly small dog so our guests need to be comfortable with his presence. He is not allowed into the guest indoor or outdoor areas, but we like him to be introduced to guests so he doesn't bark as they come and go.
We apologise but we do not accept bookings that include pets, or anyone under the age of 18 (sorry, no exceptions).
- Sorry, but we can't usually accept bookings from guests who will arrive after 10pm. If you think this may apply to you, please contact us before booking to discuss your plans. Thank you
There are a few simple rules for everyone's well-being and safety:
- This is a quiet home, in a residential neighbourhood, so we ask you not to play music outdoors, and to keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- Our home is a traditional Queenslander, built of wood. Therefore we dont allow smoking, candles or naked flame either indoors or outdoors.
- For security and insurance reasons, we ask that you do not have overnight visitors who are not included in your original booking without checking with us first.
- Sorry but we don't accept bookings that include pets or anyone under the age of 18 (no exceptions, I'm afraid).
- We can't usually accept bookings from guests who will arrive after 10pm. If you think this may apply to you, please contact us before booking to discuss your plans.
The studio is separate from the main house where we live and we therefore only usually see guests on arrival when we welcome them, or if we cross paths in the garden or the laundry. However if you want company and a chance to pick our brains about things to do around Brisbane, you are welcome to call at the main house for a coffee or glass of wine if we are at home. But the choice is totally yours, and if you want complete privacy, we provide it.
A retired uni administrator and librarian, and empty-nesters, we have lived in our home for over 25 years, and in Brisbane for over 30 years.
We are originally from England, have travelled extensively in Asia, and across the eastern states of Australia. Over the years, we've hosted many short and long stay visitors from all over the world in our home including over 50 Airbnb visitors in 2012-14 (please read the great reviews they gave us). We are familiar with many of the sights and activities that appeal to visitors to SE Qld, and are happy to help our guests get the most out of their visit by sharing this information.
We strive to treat our guests exactly as we would wish to be treated ourselves, providing information if you ask for it, yet respecting your privacy if you don't. We look forward to meeting you and will do our best to make sure that your visit is enjoyable.