1,000 sq ft, two bedroom, 1840's Creole cottage. Walking & biking distance from the hippest bars and restaurants of the French Quarter, Frenchmen St, Marigny, Bywater and St Claude arts corridor.
This is a real New Orleans experience in a traditional Creole 'back-a-town' shotgun dating back to 1840!
Your home from home has...
- wifi & bluetooth speaker
- heat and air conditioning
- two bedrooms (one with a queen bed, the other with two singles)
- spacious lounge
- good size bathroom with bath and shower
- dressing room/ sitting area off the bathroom
- full dine-in kitchen with a new fridge, microwave, gas range, coffee maker
- laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- front porch with folding chairs for your morning coffee & evening cocktail
- back yard with shady Live Oak
- free on street parking
- Plus, two traditional New Orleans Cruiser bikes free with the rental!
You'll be in an up and coming 'hip' location, with the most happening parts of Bywater, Marigny and the St Claude arts corridor right on the doorstep, and a little less than a mile from the French Quarter...
- 1 mile to the French Quarter, Frenchmen St, French Market, Treme
- 25minute bike ride to Mid City and JazzFest
- 800 yards from the legendary bars & music venues of St Claude (Hi-Ho Lounge, Allways Lounge, Siberia, Saturn Bar, Kajuns Pub)
- 500 yards from the newly renovated St Roch Market (the oldest remaining neighbourhood market in New Orleans)
- 2 blocks from the Whole Food Co-op and Hanks grocery store (open 24 hours)
- 200 yards across St Claude Avenue to the bars and restaurants of bohemian Bywater
If you're looking to get further afield, the nearest bus stop is two blocks away on the corner of St Claude and Franklin Ave and the No.88 will get you to the French Quarter and all the way to Canal St in 10mins.
The house itself is nestled away in a quiet corner, two blocks from St Claude and Franklin Avenue. The Press Street railroad track provides a buffer, so there's very little through traffic on our street, which leaves our neighbourhood to develop its own eclectic community. Most of the neighbours are owners or long term renters and there's a real diverse community feeling.
Sit on the porch in the warm evening air and listen to the sound of the Steamboat Natchez wafting from the river, and the slow shunt of the railroad cars passing down Press Street. To the right, New Orleans' modern skyline glitters against one of her oldest 'back a town' neighbourhoods, New Marigny! Catch a second line, peep a Mardi Gras Indian, or even see Big Freedia The Queen Diva of Bounce herself on any odd day in this secret gem of the Ninth Ward!
BUT, this is NOT AN ESPECIALLY RICH OR TOURISTY NEIGHBORHOOD, it is a real New Orleans experience. The neighborhood is mixed, and in our opinion a special place full of the people who make New Orleans a special city. On our street we have a lawyer, a musician, a magician and several lifelong 9th ward residents, all good friends of ours. But, if you want a more sanitized experience, you should try the Quarter, the Garden District or Uptown!
This is also NOT A PARTY HOUSE, and noise needs to be kept to a minimum after 10pm at night - but, this is New Orleans, and there are plenty of bars a stone throw away where you can make as much noise as you want ;)
You'll be renting a Creole cottage with the traditional shotgun layout (each room leading on from the next without corridors). But unlike many shotguns, at our house the doors can be closed on both bedrooms to make them private, and both have access to the bathroom and kitchen without needing to pass through the other bedroom - perfect for two couples sharing or a family.
We also have a travel cot, child car seat and a stroller at the house. Should you need to use the cot let us know and we'll get it setup for you.
We also have two classic New Orleans Cruiser bicycles available for you to use at no extra charge, bonus! All we ask is that you take care of them, use the locks provided whenever you go out, and if you break a chain or puncture a tyre, please go to Gerkens, the bike shop around the corner on St Claude and get it fixed for the next guest ;)
The house is totally self contained, and you have private access to the entire 1000sq ft property. Access to the house is through the front door via a lockbox (code supplied before you arrive).
Front door leads to the living room, on into bedroom 1, and then the bathroom & dressing room, kitchen and second bedroom at the back of the house.
Back door entrance accessed via a side gate, leading into the laundry room and then into the 2nd bedroom and on into the rest of the house.
Rental includes bed linen, towels and wash cloths. We also provide shampoo, body wash, toilet paper on check in, but for an extended stay you'll need to buy more once you've run out.
Also, we have a hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils, pans, cutlery and crockery.
CHECK IN/ OUT
We ask that you check in from 2pm on your arrival day, and check out by 12 noon on your departure day. If you need an alternative let us know and if we can accommodate an earlier or later check in/ out time we will!
Interakcija s gostima
Minimal. We are always on hand to receive messages via the Airbnb app and will resolve any issues over the phone, in person or via our good friend and house maintenance guy, but otherwise we'll stay out of your way and let you enjoy your time!
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj
Saznaj više o ovom broju
The house is in a real New Orleans' neighbourhood with working people, so...
- no parties
- no loud music after 22:00 in the evening
- no unauthorised guests staying over
Also remember the house is a double, and there are permanent tenants with jobs living on the other side. Please be respectful and keep the noise to a reasonable level at night. BUT, this is the real New Orleans, so there's no shortage of friendly faces looking for a conversation at most times of the day and evening. We recommend you use the front porch for your morning coffee or evening beer/ cocktail and get to know the neighbours.
- No smoking in the house (please use the sand bucket for your stubs)
- No dogs or pets in the house, unless at host's discretion and with an additional $50 cleaning fee and $100 pet deposit due at check in
- Lost keys incur a $55 surcharge if the lock needs to be replaced
- If you break the bikes (puncture a tire, snap a chain), please take them to Gerkins the bike shop around the corner and get them fixed so the next guest can use them
- Please help us conserve energy by turning off the lights and A/C when you leave for the day, and of course when you check out
- Please empty the trash into the trash can outside the house before you leave (old crawfish ain't a good smell ;)
- Please check cupboards, draws and under the bed for any clothes, shoes or books that you might leave behind! We'd hate for you to lose anything and we can't guarantee we'll be able to get it back to, especially if we're not in town!
Otherwise, have fun, make yourself at home and use the house as you would your own home!
We're a married couple with 3 daughters, Ruby 15, Robin 13 and Birdy 2 and a half. I'm from the UK and Tracy is from New Orleans. We're lucky enough to be able to split our time between our house and family in the UK and our beloved New Marigny shotgun cottage in the greatest city in the world, New Orleans! We love music, literature and becoming friends with anyone who has something interesting to say.