Thanksgiving: You will have full privacy in our home for the holidays. Wed and Sunday night 1/2 price special if you spent 3 nights over the holidays.
We are right in the heart of town, yet nicely tucked away and surrounded by beautiful trees and lush landscape where it's peaceful and quiet, and the mountains right behind us. Only 4 min. walk from the great shops and restaurants of historic Woodstock.
We rent out the entire first floor to our guests, which includes two private bedrooms, a private bathroom, a sunken living room, dining room area, a screened porch, pantry and a full size kitchen (shared if we are also there).
Some days we are away, others we are here. Feel free to message us.
(We usually update our calendar and set the prices based on the season and whether or not we will be on the premises.)
We do not use the living room and porch areas when we have guests and respect their privacy.
We have Japanese screens available for additional privacy.
- Excellent location!!! - we are right behind Tinker Street - but it is still tucked away; nice and quiet
- We have an organic garden. Just ask us if you'd like anything.
- One Queen size bed in the main guest bedroom.
- In the 2nd bedroom/TV room, one sofa that turns into a Queen size bed, firm and comfortable.
In addition we have:
- 1 full size mattress upon request
- 2 red sofa chairs that fold out to be single size beds that are firm and comfortable. For the living room area upon request, or can also be put in the TV room (see old TV room pictures).
- A green couch in the sunken living room area, that does not convert to a bed, but is nice and firm and another sleeping option as some guests have preferred to sleep on it.
- We have Apple TV (podcasts, Netflix, Youtube, etc.).
- Your private pantry area with small fridge, coffee maker, water kettle, microwave as well as organic raw sugar, organic coffee, Earl Grey Tea...
- filtered water faucet in main kitchen
- organic garden - access upon request
- small kid's playground (see pix)
- BBQ gas grill (upon request)
- lounge chairs and tables
- Entire first floor, including 2 private bedrooms, sunken living room, dining area, pantry and shared use of the kitchen, screened porch and garden.
Interakcija s gostima
- We are always happily available for questions and info sharing via phone and email if we are not around.
- Some or minimal interaction when we are around: we respect our guests privacy and personal space, especially since we work in the busy city and know how valuable a weekend out of your daily lives is. We are well traveled and enjoy hosting as well as meeting our guests. Should you wish to share a drink or tea with us, and time permits, we will happily do so!
- We are working musicians/artists that commute between the city and upstate. We may or may not be there during your time of stay. Please check with us, if this matters to you.
- If we are here: we will be on the 2nd floor (which is separated by an open staircase) or in our detached studio houses that are also on the property grounds. We will occasionally be using the open kitchen and will do our best to be out of your way as much as possible.
- We love children and welcome them any time.
- Please do not cook ANY meat including chicken in our pots/kitchen (fish is fine)[ We do now have special pans available for chicken-please let us know if you plan to cook chicken]
- Please only use our plastic and wooden utensils on all pots and pans to prevent scratches.
- Please only use medium heat for our cookware (except the one creuset pan)
- We prefer light cooking in our kitchen, but that can be discussed on an individual basis
- You may bring in dishes that include meats - except pork - into the house to consume it
- There is no air conditioner in the TV room (2nd guest bed room if used)
- We personally feel the downstairs is cool enough and doesn't need air conditioning. We have one air conditioner in the living room, main space-and one in the guest bedroom. We prefer to adjust to nature's temperature rather than making nature adjust to us, save energy, and never keep the house really cold in the summer as they do in most city buildings these days.
- Please use caution with our wooden floor and take off shoes if they are wet or dirty
- No drugs, absolutely no smoking and unfortunately no pets (allergies) inside the house including the screened porch (you may smoke outside and please put out your cigarettes!)
- We ask for no meats, including chicken to be cooked in our cookware. Fish, eggs, dairy and veggies are fine. We do have designated pots/saucepans available for you in the pantry to cook chicken and some meats. Please do not cook any pork and we prefer if you do not bring any pork into the house. Thank you for observing our lifestyle.
- Please be mindful of the heat and air-conditioning and turn it off when you're out, leaving, or don't need it.
- We prefer minimal use of our kitchen. You have your own coffee maker, fridge in the pantry area.
- We appreciate you recycling paper and bottles/plastic in their appropriate bins
David is from Cambridge, Ma. His wife grew up in Germany.
We speak over 5 languages and will do our best to make you feel at home.
We are both performing artists, travel a lot, are into meditation, yoga, fresh organic food and try to be as open minded as possible each day.