Come stay in my wonderful 1BR apartment in the heart of Astoria. This is a true one-bedroom and it is a really large, comfortable apartment. You will be staying here while I am out of town. No roommates, no sharing. I've lived in a bunch of apartments here in Astoria and this is the best one I've seen!
It is on the second floor of an elevator building just 1.5 blocks from the subway (you'll be glad for this after walking around the city all day) and only about 15 minutes from Manhattan. It is located on a quiet side-street just off Broadway and Steinway with wonderful dining, shopping, bars, etc. Laundromat just down the block. If you've never been to Astoria, you're going to love it. Everything you need is right around the corner and Manhattan is just minutes away. Check out the 'Map' tab above and my Guidebook for listings of all my favorite spots in the neighborhood!
Inside, it is fully furnished and nicely decorated. The real hardwood floors and big windows are wonderful. You will feel right at home. Everything is included (water, heat, electricity, gas, high-speed Wifi, clean linens and towels). Between the double bed and the huge comfy sofa, you can sleep three here or have it all to yourself. Some of the highlights are:
- Double bed, one fancy foam pillow (love it!), extra pillows
- A huge desk so you can get work done (complete with an external 24" monitor, mac keyboard, macbook stand, and iPad stand for your use)
- Closet and dresser space
- Window AC
- Large comfy sofa (definitely sleep-able)
- Gorgeous 46" Sony Bravia LCD HDTV/BD player/Mac Mini Home Theatre setup
- Cute expandable dining table with 4 stools
- Ready for you to cook. Lots of cabinet space, and fridge space.
- Gas oven and stove
- Microwave, Toaster Oven, Blender, Electric Tea Kettle
- Detachable shower head with several settings mounted high on the wall for you tall guests
- Large and bright by NYC standards!